Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeOn The Run OOC SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

On The Run OOC

Go down 
+6
outpost_2
Darkon
WearzManySkins
Drugged dwarf
maartendp
taniwhaiti
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
taniwhaiti
Team Leader
Team Leader

Number of posts : 427
Registration date : 2008-12-15

Character sheet
Character Name: Haruki 'Tora' Tokugawa
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

On The Run OOC Empty
PostSubject: On The Run OOC   On The Run OOC EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 6:34 pm

This will be the OOC page for On The Run and its recruitment. Just thought that I would place this here to take care of a few housekeeping items much like T_Hawk has done. Thanks Hawk!!

To start with if you could post some information here first that would be great so that the first step of Player Recruitment and Character Generation finalities may be completed.

1. Please include the following colors for postings: Speech - Green, Cell phone - Red, Sub-vocal - Orange, Astral - Pink, Actions - Blue with all others in White. Post in any other colors you prefer for other activities.

2. Include the information included on any SINs or fake SINs, and what type of license/fake licenses you have. Also give a name, type, and area of activity (geographical and business-related) for your contacts.

3. Describe your basic "walking around" gear (i.e. the clothes you'd wear most often), and how you distribute equipment about yourself while in this garb. If it's not in this description, you'll need to change/load up in character before you have access to your equipment. Any equipment you don't mention in this description will be assumed to be stashed at your living space. (I may ask you to alter some of your load-out if I don't think someone could truly carry all this around as described.)

4. Email me your character sheets to negotiate and finalise: tuatete@hotmail.com

5. Usual 400 BP build for characters. Players may not spend more than half their BPs on Physical and Mental Attributes and may not have a character with more than one attribute at their natural maximum. If you choose to use a Sample Character then this will be automatically accepted once any modifications have been sorted.

6. Describe your character in your first post (in-character, please), so that everyone gets an image of who they're dealing with. Try to capture in words how you feel your character is seen by, and how he tries to present himself to, the world. When I need to describe you, or have an NPC react to your character's appearance, I will refer to this. So, make it good: It can set the tone for your character for the rest of the campaign.

7. I won't accept a post from someone on the game board without this info first. When you receive a thumbs up by way of 'GM Approval' then you may begin posting on the run proper.

Notes on gameplay itself (these rules are posted on the want-ad, but I'm replicating them here for future reference):

1. Edge is limited off the bat to 5. I limit it off the bat since it can be applied to any roll, which makes it more potentially unbalancing than any other stat, but dice pools may be limited if I get a lot of character submissions with pools so high that failure is a statistical outlier.

2. Essence loss: One of the mages has just gotten their arm blown off by a ganger with a wide-bore shotgun. The team manages to save the magician's life. However, the magician finds that the wound has caused them to lose essence, and that their magic is now much weaker than it was before. It makes sense.

3. Damage: Wounding will occur, especially if someone fails on a damage resistance test. Expect wounds to be a real problem, and for damage to stick with you through the run. While most everything can be healed, not everything can be taken care of by a medkit. If you've lost an arm, you'll have to see a doctor, or at least get the team healer into an operating room, before you can expect to be back on the road to full health.

4. Defense: Full defense can only be entered into on your action phase (there are some power/maneuver combinations that can get you around this... sometimes). Dodge will only be applied against ranged attacks when the situation warrents it, or if the character is using Full Defense. So expect to be rolling only Reaction against most ranged attacks. Melee attacks will generally allow you to use your dodge/parry/gymnastics ability though. The difference between using dodge and just using reaction is if you are aware that an attack is coming at you. This can be difficult to do in a fire-fight with multiple opponents. In such a situation, it is not always apparent who's aiming at who, and you have little concentration to spare for anyone except the enemy in front of you.

On Rolls:

1. In the past, I've had players roll for themselves and their targets when in combat, in the hopes of making combat go faster. This time around, I will have you roll only for yourself. I will supply the results of your actions (though I want you to describe what you're doing when you post your rolls.)

2. I will not always show the results of an opposed roll. I will almost never show the opposed roll for a social test. You will need to determine the outcome for yourselves based on in-game context and results. I will award extra dice for the person making the test if they do a good job in making their argument, threat, speech, etc. Likewise, I will apply negative dice for bad arguments etc.

3. There are some things that you can't talk a person into, no matter how good you are with words, or how scary you can be. If you want the UCAS Army sergeant, who is well known to be a hard-case but to actually love his men, to turn around and walk away after you've killed one of his soldiers right in front of his eyes... Well, don't be surprised when you hear him chamber a new round into his rifle as a reply. Of course, if you're dealing with a sergeant whose only concern is getting off on easy duty until he can retire, and padding that retirement fund by selling military supplies on the black market in the meantime, you may very well be able to convince him to walk away.

The situation is key, and will often determine a lot about how the game evolves.

• Very Important: When you post rolls, I want you to use this site. http://invisiblecastle.com/ At the bottom, where it says "notes" I want you to include:

• What the action is for. I.e. "Perception roll upon walking into the bar." (including the bar's name)

• Your dice pool formula: I.e. Attribue # + Skill # +/- modifier #'s.

• If in combat, I want this formula on every roll: Turn#:Initiative Pass #:(Action Type): Description of action (the same as I mentioned above, and may be substituted for that). Abbreviate if you wish, so long as I can definitely tell what you're trying to say. I have no problem with a note that looks like this: T1:IP3:SA (For simple action): Att (attack) vs. Ganger #1. Note that if I can't tell what you're saying, I may ask you to re-roll with clearer notation.

• If you do not have these notes on a roll, I will not accept it! Best case scenario then is that I will re-roll for you, and you'll have to take whatever comes from that.

• I also want your rolls recorded in the post they are made in. The post should contain the same information I've asked be noted on the rolls themselves. This will let me pair a roll with its context.

Here's an example of how this works:

Shadow is facing down a Go-ganger. The street is dark, and the sodium-lamps lining the street have been destroyed by vandals long ago, save for one lone remainder down at the far end of the street. Shadow grits his teeth and raises his Predator IV. He takes a moment to place the white dot of his smartgun targeting system between the ugly trog's eyes before pulling the trigger.

Simple Action: Take Aim

Simple Action: Attack (Pred IV) vs. Ganger

Agility 5 (Improved Attribute +1) + Pistols 5 (Semi-Auto +2) + 1 Take Aim (1 SA) + 2 smartgun – 2 partial light = 14 dice = 8 hits

Note how and what I put in the actual post, and how and what I put in the roll link. This is how all your rolls should look.

• A further note on rolls: I will sometimes ask you to revise a roll with modifiers that I'll supply. When possible, I will give these modifiers to you before you actually make a roll, but sometimes I may simply be unable to do so.

• Add modifiers in to your rolls as per the examples given in the Corebook. Generally, these will be perfectly suitable, and I encourage you to do so. In general, this saves time and can often give me a hint of what you're trying to accomplish within the mechanics of the game. There may be times, however, when I'll ask you to remove one, or alter one.

On GMing:

1. I will make rulings as we go along. I will also make mistakes. Whenever you see something happening that you take exception with, I encourage you to bring this to my attention. You may do so on this thread, or by PMing me. I will always take under consideration anything you say, and will research your views according to source material when possible and/or applicable. (So it really helps if you give me page numbers to which to refer when you bring these matters up.)

2. However, when I make a ruling, it needs to stick. Even if it's wrong in your opinion. So, once I've decided on something, we need to let the matter drop. If I later discover that my ruling was in error, I will post a statement stating so on this board (as well as why), so that in the future we can do things correctly. But the ruling itself applies to the instance in which I make it.

3. Once a run begins I like it to move along smoothly and quickly - posting often is what I do. This clarifies anything that needs to be cleared up quickly and keeps the run moving.

On Players and Characters:

1. Be civil to the other players. Arguments happen, but we must always approach them in an adult manner. I know it seems like the sort of thing that's so obvious it doesn't need to be stated... but the fact that I'm including it on this post shows that the matter has come up before. I will never, ever tolerate one player being abusive to another. If it happens, I will take steps to rectify the situation up to and including banning the player from the game. If it gets to that point, I will most likely message Digital Doom and ask to have the player banned from the site as well.

2. In character, in the game, you are free to RP however you want, even if the character you are role-playing is not a very nice person and the things that they do even less so. That being said, I expect you, as a player, to exercise discretion. If you want to roleplay a situation that may be morally objectionable, think about it hard. Then think about it some more. Then PM me asking whether or not it's alright, especially when it involves another player ('s character.) And don't forget this is a PG-13 site.

3. I expect my players to differentiate between the player sitting across from them at our virtual table, and the character they play in the game. The two are not the same. Nor are they even more than remotely related at times. If a character is slotting you off, do not take it out on the player. And vice versa. I have learned this the hard way.

4. Don't metagame. I know it's hard, and I've fallen into this trap myself at times. OOC information is not usable in character. Even though you, the player, may know that something bad is about to happen when you walk into that abandoned warehouse, or into that Aztechnology R&D laboratory, your character probably won't. Oh, they may be paranoid and prepared. That's part of running the Shadows. But if I think you're using OOC knowledge, or basing your actions off of what you think would work best in the game as opposed to what your character would do, I will call you on it. For minor infractions, I'll probably just warn you over PM that you seem to be metagaming a bit. For major infractions, I will most likely delete your post and then have you make up a new one without the offending actions.

5. As it happens to me, I expect it will happen to you at some point. Life gets in the way. I absolutely understand, and commiserate. That being said, if you let me know ahead of time that it will be happening, it will keep the game from slowing down. I can play your character for you (and reserve the right to do so) when you're not going to be around to play him yourself. If I think that a player's holding up the game by not posting, I will move them regardless of whether they've asked me to do so or not. But if I know that someone's going to be gone, it will help me keep the game moving quickly, as I usually wait a day or two before I take things into my own hands.

6. Everyone can die. I actually think that 5 minutes spent thinking before acting on a situation, given that this is a Play by Post game can actually save lives and earn Karma. I try for realism in my games, and it's absolutely possible (in some cases, even probable) that your character may bite the big one at some point. Believe it or not, I don't like for this to happen any more than you do (yes, even when it seems like I'm going out of my way to kill you!) But according to the rules of the game and the story we're telling... well, sometimes it's unavoidable. I intend for my run to test your characters, and sometimes they won't pass. When that happens, death may be the result. But... that's part of where the fun of the game come in. After all, how enjoyable would it be to never have death or failure as a possibility? To walk through the game without exerting yourself at all, and have tons of karma and loot drop in your lap? For me that's worse than boring. I hate it when there is no challenge. So, death is possible in this game, and there are going to be times when it will be a more than likely outcome.

7. There are consequences to your actions in character. As mentioned before, I try for a certain amount of realism in my games. Shadowrunners are professional criminals: keeping to the shadows keeps them alive and running. Hence the name. However, your character is often perfectly capable of killing just about anyone they meet, and may be tempted to do so as a matter of convenience (or perhaps boredom... though I hope not). You are, of course, free to to this. As I've mentioned before, I want you to play your character however you want. But be aware that there will be consequences to your actions in game. If you blow up a building downtown, don't expect the police to sit around and twiddle their thumbs, while remarking how awesome the fireball from the explosion was.

8. Play creatively. Creative thinking will get you out of just about any situation. Just about. Does that heavily cybered ganger have your mage on the ground, staring down the barrel of a gun aimed right between his eyes? Sure, you might be able to nail him with a spell before he pulls the trigger. Maybe. But how else can you get out from under the gun? Do you know anything about his gang that might help? Or maybe you suspect his employer is the big bad you're running against. The one who wants to level the ganger's neighborhood to clear the way for a new shopping mall. Maybe the best thing to do is faint and hope the ganger won't shoot someone who's already unconscious.

9. The moral here is think. You're not always going to be the baddest razorboi on the street. So it will behoove you to use your mind as well as your muscle. I encourage you to put yourselves in your character's shoes, and try to think about what you would do in a situation like that. How would you get out of it? Genrally fights hurt but at times are necessary. Its not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog.

10. Above all else, I want you to have fun. That's the reason we're playing, right? It is also the reason you joined this site - me too! To escape for a while the uncaring realities of day to day life. Humor is appreciated when everyone laughs and if the humor is about a players character then that player needs to see the funny side of it too. That is laughing with, laughing at tends to cause derision.

11. People call me Tani and I have been away from the sight but now I am back. Thanks all of you who support this amazing site.
Back to top Go down
taniwhaiti
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

On The Run OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Run OOC   On The Run OOC EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 11:55 pm

@Ghost has one or two things to sort and then is good to go.

Come on guys!! Where are you all??
Back to top Go down
maartendp
Meat
Meat

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2010-08-24

On The Run OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Run OOC   On The Run OOC EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 1:42 am

I'd like to apply, but have to make a character first was thinking about a social adept, will keep you posted on character development
Back to top Go down
taniwhaiti
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

On The Run OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Run OOC   On The Run OOC EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 2:34 am

Sounds good, marteendp! Look forward to it!
Back to top Go down
Drugged dwarf
Runner
Runner

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2010-09-15

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

On The Run OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Run OOC   On The Run OOC EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 7:04 am

I have a face character drawn up, but if there's going to be a social adept, I might try my hand at a gun totting maniac.
Back to top Go down
maartendp
Meat
Meat

On The Run OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Run OOC   On The Run OOC EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 7:27 am

I'm almost finished with my social adept, and yes he's gone be a face too, but since you are who you know, a team can never know enough people
Back to top Go down
taniwhaiti
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

On The Run OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Run OOC   On The Run OOC EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 12:18 pm

Sounds good Drugged Dwarf. I look forward to it!
Back to top Go down
WearzManySkins
Team Leader
Team Leader
WearzManySkins

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2010-05-09

Character sheet
Character Name: WeaZManySkins
Race: Human

On The Run OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Run OOC   On The Run OOC EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 2:01 pm

What Archetypes of Characters have so far been submitted?
Face
Social Adept
Back to top Go down
taniwhaiti
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

On The Run OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Run OOC   On The Run OOC EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 2:07 pm

So far we have a Face, Social Adept and a Mage/Shaman. A techy would be good!
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

On The Run OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Run OOC   On The Run OOC EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 5:35 pm

Ghost is updated and should therefore be ready for the run. PM is sent to Taniwhaiti
Back to top Go down
taniwhaiti
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

On The Run OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Run OOC   On The Run OOC EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 5:41 pm

Just call me Tani guys! Thats what everyone knows me as. Also just one more tiny bit to sort for Ghost.
Back to top Go down
WearzManySkins
Team Leader
Team Leader
WearzManySkins

Character sheet

On The Run OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Run OOC   On The Run OOC EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 6:20 pm

taniwhaiti wrote:
So far we have a Face, Social Adept and a Mage/Shaman. A techy would be good!

Tani are you speaking about a Matrix type or a Breaking and Entering type or a Rigger type?
Back to top Go down
outpost_2
Team Leader
Team Leader
outpost_2

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2010-03-24

Character sheet
Character Name: Clinton Taylor

On The Run OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Run OOC   On The Run OOC EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 7:29 pm

well im in play now. im a jack of all trades who can kill 'em or put 'em back together depending on friend or foe. i got a little bit of sneak and plenty medical and shootyness.
Back to top Go down
taniwhaiti
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

On The Run OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Run OOC   On The Run OOC EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 7:31 pm

I think that the areas that need to be covered in any Shadowrunning Team are:

Close Quarters Combat & Fire Support (These roles can be found together in one character)
Infiltration
Investigation & Negotiation (These roles can be found together in one character)
Matrix Support
Magical Support
Transportation

At the moment I think the YELLOW roles have been filled or are being filled. Please correct me if I am wrong!!

However, I have only given GM Approval to two characters. The others are still developing and negotiating their characters!
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

On The Run OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Run OOC   On The Run OOC EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 7:49 pm

A detailed Character sheet can be found here.

„I’m Talking to you. Don’t you understand English?” Talking
Descriptions and deeds. Just like that.
thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
subvocalized
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin

Physical description:
Female elf, albino, 1.75m, 68kg, icy blue eyes, white hair, worn in short bob, pointed ears poking through the hair, pale white skin. ( all natural)
Slim and fit figure, expressive eyes, small cute nose.
Fit but not strong.

Sin and licences:
Real SIN: Annie Robyn Boyle Birthday: Feb 18th 2050

Fake Licence H&K Urban Fighter. For Annie Robyn Boyle.

Carried Equipment:
White boots and the white trousers, up to the white, shirt with cleavage. Underneath a body coloured, form fitting body armor, imitating her natural skin. Her lined coat is reversible, white on one side, black on the other.
Concealable shoulder holster, H&K Urban Fighter
Inner pockets, three spare strips normal ammo.
Another inner pocket, SIN and comlink
A pair of stylish glasses.

Vehicle:
Harley Davidson Scorpion, locked box:
Goggles, Magesight, spare clothing with hood (dark), one strip Ex Ex ammo, laser sight for H&K Urban Fighter, camoflage suit

Home:
Medium class flat with shamanic lodge in one room.

Contacts:

Ling Ho. He’s a triad boss. You could say middle management. He lives in a neat house in one of the better parts of Seattle. (L5C4)

Jimmy’s my fixer. He got me that appointment here. He has offices all over town. And I’ve got his com number of course. (L2C2)

Frederic Poole. He’s working for the City. Secretary for the mayor or something. Useful for some info. (L2C2)

Ghost and Grunt 2

Last edited by Darkon on Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:32 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
taniwhaiti
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

On The Run OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Run OOC   On The Run OOC EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 7:52 pm

Yeah it is - good stuff!

Just a couple of things - I wouldn't be trying to stuff anything up a Troll bouncer because they bounce real good. Also just RP in the ON THE RUN page. Leave this one for everything else.
Back to top Go down
taniwhaiti
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

On The Run OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Run OOC   On The Run OOC EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 7:56 pm

Could all completed characters with GM Approval (those with modifications after negotiation with me) please PM me your finished character. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
taniwhaiti
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

On The Run OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Run OOC   On The Run OOC EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 8:16 pm

At the moment, here's the breakdown on all completed applicants:

Ghost: Magician.

Thats it at this stage!
Back to top Go down
outpost_2
Team Leader
Team Leader
outpost_2

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2010-03-24

Character sheet
Character Name: Clinton Taylor

On The Run OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Run OOC   On The Run OOC EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 8:51 pm

you said i was good...
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

On The Run OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Run OOC   On The Run OOC EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 8:55 pm

Edited the description on page one.

taniwhaiti wrote:
Yeah it is - good stuff!

Just a couple of things - I wouldn't be trying to stuff anything up a Troll bouncer because they bounce real good. Also just RP in the ON THE RUN page. Leave this one for everything else.

That was more a sarcastic inner monologue and not serious intention.
Back to top Go down
Damian Blackwolfe

Damian Blackwolfe

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2010-09-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Damian Quinn

On The Run OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Run OOC   On The Run OOC EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 10:55 pm

Ok I emailed Damian's Character sheet and everything to you, i think i got everything right, but i'll leave the link to the one i keep on here anyways: Damian Quinn
Back to top Go down
taniwhaiti
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

On The Run OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Run OOC   On The Run OOC EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 1:10 am

At the moment, here's the breakdown on all completed applicants so far:

Ghost: Magician
Colton: Military Shooter

Thats it at this stage!
Back to top Go down
maartendp
Meat
Meat

On The Run OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Run OOC   On The Run OOC EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 1:22 am

I'm writing my background and I'm finishing my stats
David Solomon will be ready within a day maybe two, depends on how much attention I get from my boss at work Smile
Back to top Go down
maartendp
Meat
Meat

On The Run OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Run OOC   On The Run OOC EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 8:00 am

My character should be dropped in your mailbox
Back to top Go down
WearzManySkins
Team Leader
Team Leader
WearzManySkins

Character sheet

On The Run OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Run OOC   On The Run OOC EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 9:03 am

Decker/Matrix was sent to your email address last night
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

On The Run OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Run OOC   On The Run OOC Empty

Back to top Go down

On The Run OOC
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadowrun Online :: Library :: Archives :: Archives - :: Dead Runs :: Taniwhaiti's Games-
Jump to: