Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeHow Do You Get To Run A Game? SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

How Do You Get To Run A Game?

Go down 
+3
Gala
T_Hawk
WearzManySkins
7 posters
AuthorMessage
WearzManySkins
Team Leader
Team Leader
WearzManySkins

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2010-05-09

Character sheet
Character Name: WeaZManySkins
Race: Human
Sex: Male

How Do You Get To Run A Game? Empty
PostSubject: How Do You Get To Run A Game?   How Do You Get To Run A Game? EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 8:24 pm

How Do You Get To Run A Game on Shadowrun Online?
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2009-02-19

Character sheet
Character Name: Shadow

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Get To Run A Game?   How Do You Get To Run A Game? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 9:55 am

1.) Have the desire to do so.

2.) Have an idea to start with.

3.) Read these rules.

4.) Find players.

5.) ????

6.) Profit!!!

P.S. I think that #5 may be "get a job working for CG and then embezzle lotsa money. Still working on the details though.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Get To Run A Game?   How Do You Get To Run A Game? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 9:57 am

Back to top Go down
scawire
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
scawire

Number of posts : 612
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Character sheet
Character Name: Night Fist
Race: Ork
Sex: M

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Get To Run A Game?   How Do You Get To Run A Game? EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 12:54 pm

IF you start a game I have a character that I'd love to play since the other game I'm in has hit alot of slow downs.

On behalf of all the other players looking for a game thank you for spending the time to make runs for these shadow walkers that need a story play in.
Back to top Go down
Sureal
Team Leader
Team Leader
Sureal

Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2010-06-07

Character sheet
Character Name: Medusa (Face)
Race: Elf

PostSubject: Idea for a game   How Do You Get To Run A Game? EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 4:54 pm

Ok I have been thinking about running a shadowrun 4th ed game. This is what I am think about.

It will be in Seattle and the way it looks and feels is like the movie blade runner. The rain the crowed streets the gritty feel of everything. Runners are there in the back ground. They don’t have there local bars everyone knows they hang out at. For the most part humans are on top of the food chain so to speak elfs have the most leeway of the metahumans .Dwarfs orcs and troll for the most part are not part of human high society. There are a few who earned there way up through a lot of money or violence or both. Obvious cyber wear is looked down on. On the street you will have no problem but going into a nice restaurant wont be happening unless you body guard. Walking around with big guns or swords sticking out in public is a big no no. the farther you get from down town the worst things get. Near the walls to the boarder are the are very dangerous to your health. Cops don’t go out there much unless there in force. The gangs make the laws out there for the most part. Most of the orcs and trolls population live out in these parts. Runners who work for themselves can call there own shots but supplies are harder to come by. The availability of these items (ammo guns etc etc) are harder to come by. Runners working for a Corporation do have it easier in that aspect and have a little more leeway with law enforcement. But they work for the Corp and your on there dime. You do what they want when they want it and if you get caught doing it they never heard of you. Mages are rare, technomancer are even less seen then mages. Technomancer’s are hunted by the public that fears them for what they can do, and by the corporations who want them for what they can do. A face is a must in this game unless all your going to be doing is running the streets doing low paying jobs. So if your looking for a shoot first and not ask questions later game you might not like this game. I am going to use a lot of pics on my post to help build my world so to flush out more what I am trying to describe to you, I would like to see and char who get into this game have a pic of what your char looks like as most as possible. I will need to get everything done like a game room and such but I wanted to find out if there are runners interested in this game.

Sureal
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2009-02-19

Character sheet
Character Name: Shadow

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Get To Run A Game?   How Do You Get To Run A Game? EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 5:50 pm

Sounds like you've got a good handle on what a cyberpunk world is like, Sureal. William Gibson (who helped to define the genre) was in turn inspired by Blade Runner. Since that's a lot of what I look for in a run, I'll be keeping an eye on the want ads section for when you post there. It sounds like fun.
Back to top Go down
Sureal
Team Leader
Team Leader
Sureal

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Get To Run A Game?   How Do You Get To Run A Game? EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 7:16 pm

Thanks I try. I am not the best writer but I do my best to get my ideas out there.
If anyone who wants to play in my game if haven't seen blade runner
(where have you been living in a hole)please do so it will show you what I am
talking about and how I am going to have my game.Where Decker lives is a
middle lifestyle and where Tyrell lives is Luxury lifestyle.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Get To Run A Game?   How Do You Get To Run A Game? EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 1:13 am

Sounds like it would be an interesting game indeed.
Back to top Go down
Stampede
Runner
Runner

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2010-07-04

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Get To Run A Game?   How Do You Get To Run A Game? EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 4:10 am

I liked the film and the derived setting sounds very interesting. I would be happy to be part of the game. My latest Character Idea was a face (see the character section, and the name was an independent idea, not derived from forum names as one might think Rolling Eyes ), though a magic one. I'd like to play him (or a similar one) in that setting. *Waiting for the "looking for runners"-post to come*
Back to top Go down
scawire
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
scawire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Get To Run A Game?   How Do You Get To Run A Game? EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 1:43 pm

Bladerunner is an awesome movie another one that reminds me of shadowrun is Johny Mnemonic.

CHARACTER IDEA
I have a Pixie Mystic adept I want to try out but if you don't want me to use such a rare Metatype let me know or if you will let me use it but don't have the books about it (Runner's Companion) I can message you all of the info on them.

I like to hear that you want to use a lot of pics that does help the brain understand surroundings and the atmosphere your in.

Scawire
Back to top Go down
Sureal
Team Leader
Team Leader
Sureal

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Get To Run A Game?   How Do You Get To Run A Game? EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 2:06 pm

I would like to keep it to the basic metahumans the more flashy you are is kinda like having a sign over you saying shoot me i am a runner
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Get To Run A Game?   How Do You Get To Run A Game? EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 2:45 pm

You could always allow the character, and simply oblige the sign... Players learn from experience that way, at least, sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Sureal
Team Leader
Team Leader
Sureal

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Get To Run A Game?   How Do You Get To Run A Game? EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 3:53 pm

I was thinking about making it a human only game but I thought that would be to limiting to the players
Back to top Go down
WearzManySkins
Team Leader
Team Leader
WearzManySkins

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2010-05-09

Character sheet
Character Name: WeaZManySkins

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Get To Run A Game?   How Do You Get To Run A Game? EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 6:07 pm

I have found that unless there is some sort of character creation coordination in the team of shadowrunners, things get soft and bloody fast. Very Happy

Also One Trick Ponies, etc also tend to get done in faster than those with some diversity/overlapping of skills. FYI I do not allow Mr/Ms. Lucky types. Twisted Evil

I do not mind some of the more unusual character races, just the back-story had better be more than a paragraph, and not place a severe handicap on the rest of the team.
Back to top Go down
scawire
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
scawire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Get To Run A Game?   How Do You Get To Run A Game? EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 6:27 pm

No biggy about losing the Pixie just a weird character I was thinking of running some day.

Well I do have a human Magician that is a hobby hacker I made that I'll use if you let me join up on game day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Get To Run A Game?   How Do You Get To Run A Game? Empty

Back to top Go down

How Do You Get To Run A Game?
Page 1 of 1