Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeA Time for Secrets - Page 21 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

A Time for Secrets

Go down 
+14
Kouryuu.LV
Larzarus
Sly Hound
johnnytenpins
outpost_2
Line
Gala
taniwhaiti
FireSeraph
wngd_phantom
Kesslan
Ghostmaker
Mirikon
Havick1988
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

A Time for Secrets - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 21 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 9:48 am

"I think I have found a candidate who is suitable to your needs... He appears to be a native Seattle hacker, who is in Japan at the moment, just coming off a contract for some other work. Apparently he has decided that he would like to stay for a time. I can distinctly say that he is highly skilled, and should be quite capable of taking care of your needs." Eleanor's smooth feminine voice comes over the speakers.
"Kesslan, since you have been the one asking for this contact, I have created a secure line which is directed to your Commlink. I have instructed our Hacker Applicant to reach out to this number, and to offer an introduction to you directly. I will leave the arrangements which you feel are necessary up to you at that point." Eleanor adds, giving her version of the follow-up which she had already taken care of.
Back to top Go down
Havick1988
Team Leader
Team Leader
Havick1988

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2008-12-06

Character sheet
Character Name: Havick
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 21 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 11:52 am

<< Begin Encrypted Message >>
<< Sendng Mesage >>
<< Message Recieved at reciever location >>
<< Decrypting Message >>

To: Underwaer Expaditions Ltt. Jap

Greetings to whomever has recieved this message, I have recetly notices oa Job Search that you are an Up and coming buisnes located in Japan. I have recently come to japan on work however being as the expensive nature of transit tickets out of thi country i have found myself needing employment. I have atahed a resume for myself to this message, and i would like to highlight some aspects of it. I and very good around computers and electronics in general. I Have a Buisness and Finace Degree from Stanford university. i have advanced skills in secritarial work and managing, as well as networking. I lookforward to hearing from you in the future.

<atached resume (looks like a standard resume depicting his skills and job knowledge that he has outlined) atached degrees for a Franchesco Gutieres>

<< End of Message >>
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 21 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 3:55 pm

Kesslan no sooner is about to respond when he notes the blinking icon in his AR indicating a new message. "Well, that was fast." he murmurs softly as he glances over the message, not paying too much attention though it's a fairly short message regardless. He takes a moment to think think thinks over before pulling up a keyboard in AR and typing up a response, though his own takes a little longer, for while he's relatively familiar with speaking English and Japanese, they are not his first language and he finds he needs to pace himself to make sure he's not making any mistakes. Wouldn't do for a 'professional' company to respond in some inappropriate manner. He pauses briefly to do a quick search on the area and find a mid range, yet relatively quiet diner and sets up a reservation for the following night.

<<Begin Message>>
To: Franchesco Gutierrez
RE: Underwater Expeditions Ltd. Jap

Greetings Mr. Gutierrez

Thank you for your interest in a position in our company. Normally I'd screen you through a preliminary interview however it seems a mutual acquaintance of ours has recommended you for the job. As such, please bring along relevant material to demonstrate some of your past work and meet us <Location Link> at 17:30 tomorrow evening. Please make sure to retain all receipts of your travel expenses to reach this destination as well as any cost for hotel accommodations for the next three days, and you will be refunded accordingly.

As we are looking to get our company up and running as soon as possible, I will be personally conducting your on the spot interview at that time.

Thank you once again for your interest,

Timothy Black
Poseidon Underwater Expeditions Ltd. Jap
<<End Message>>

"Looks like things are off to a good start then."
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 21 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 4:22 am

"Oh, fantastic! I am glad we could find some one more suitable for the triage of activities you've been asking me to do. Enjoy your evening of rest, I will have an update, of sorts, on what, if anything, I am able to uncover in the morning." Eleanor states, the pleasure of her relative success coming clearly through her multi-tonal voice.

I presume Havick will respond...

The night passes uneventfully, and morning comes with the loud sounds of the forest.

Ashe stirrs, slightly, cracking open one eyelid, just the slightest bit, as her Commlink plays the sounds of the forest to her, indicating the beginning of the day. She lifts her head up off the bulk of her folded jacket, still using only one eye to see if there was actually any light filtering in through the covered gun-slit in the plane. - Not like it matters at all, the Commlink doesn't get this kind of detail wrong... She thought to herself, easing her head back down onto her jacket/pillow. Despite the austere nature of her "bed" here on the uncovered floor, Ashe slept better than she normally did which masquerading in usual the comfort of Humanity. This hard floor reminded her of the pallet that she had been raised sleeping on, and she was given a momentary burst of longing. She would love to return to the Tir, and to her family, some day soon. Perhaps after this long-term assignment was complete, she would have completed enough of what she wanted to complete to be able to return to her family.
She rolled to her side and pushed her upper body up, off the floor. Getting up was somewhat difficult this morning, as she was just getting over the effects of the awesome amounts of spellcasting and summoning she had done the other day. She had never been a dedicated combat magician before, always focusing her magical capacity on social aspects. It was a good thing she had allowed her instructor to teach her those precious few battle-spells. The lightning bolts had been infinitely useful, and the spirits were even more. - I wonder if the rest of the team knew that there was no way we wouldn't have been hit by the missiles without my spirit's intervention. Well, we're a team, and we're all alive. That's what matters. She thought, smiling in satisfaction. That fight had taught her a lot about her self, and about magic. She had grown, pushing herself so hard. And she liked being pushed like that. The challenge was delightful.
Standing up, Ashe recited a small incantation, allowing a bit of magic to flow through her, touching her clothing, hair, makeup. Shortly, she looked like she had had time this morning to take a full shower, and put on fresh, pressed clothing. It was an incredibly useful spell, and she loved having it in her repertoire. She reached down and smoothed her now-pressed skirt over her legs, smiling at the fact that her clothing, which she had slept in, looked and smelled perfectly fresh. She reached forward and turned the door handle, letting herself out of the little "office" to go rummage around in the new stuff that they had acquired. She pulled up the list that Kesslan had sent out to the rest of the team, running a quick search for clothing, and found what she wanted. There was military training gear included in the manifest, and she went in search of the crate holding what she needed.
A few short minutes later, Ashe re-emerged from the small room wearing a suit of camouflage and stepped out the back of the plane for some exersize, seeing that she had timed her morning perfectly. Or, rather, her commlink had timed her morning perfectly, and she was stepping in to the forest outside just as the sun started to filter in through the trees around her, enough light for a proper morning workout.
Back to top Go down
Havick1988
Team Leader
Team Leader
Havick1988

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 21 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 9:49 am

.... Beep ... Beep ... Beep ...

The continuous sounds in the electronics filled room was peacefull to John, its what he had lived with for years runnin around on the matrix doingthe od jobs here and there. His time as a hacker had goten him used to being alone and he prefered that but he also knew that as a runner there were times that did require you to leave and show your face publicly, though he hated doing that he would, as he had done and the past and will do in the future. He recieved the reply from the individual anddecided to hold of on answering untill he found out more information.

He began shifting through information regarding who his contact was, where he came from, who he associated with. Posible history of the individual. He was baicaly looking to get as much information as there was about this individual and "company" as there was posible in the matrix. He knew however that it was mostlikely a eget shadowss team and that ment that they cvered there tracks to the best of their abilities, but from what inforamtion he had gathered from his mesagsages they didnt hav a skilled haer with them so that whould hopefuly mean he should get a decent return of information. After all Information in the shadows was gold and he had the paticula skills to get that information.

Data search for 1 hour extednded test. 1 minute intervals
Hits after the first Half hour - Data search 4 + Brows 5 (9d6) = 97
Hits after the second half hour - (9d6) = 80
Total hits for the hour - 177

After geting the information he saves it to look over in just a few moments he then compiles hes return message

<< Begen Message >>
Re: Underwater Expaditions Ltt. Jap

I Do humbaly thank you sir, and i can be at that location for the apointed time. as it so has it im not that far from there alredy so it wont be necisary to reinburse me for the travel expences. And i do thank you for this poertunity to work with your company.

<< end message >>

After sending the message he wentback over teh information he had just found so that he could be better prepared for what do teal with tht walking in a firefight unprepared. Walk inginto a building informationaly blined was a sure way to get oneself killed quickly, it was a phylospiphy he lived by.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 21 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 10:04 am

John's Data
It takes most of the first half hour to uncover that the phone number that you're calling, as you suspected, was a secure data link, and that it was linked to an actual commlink, not to some data node somewhere where a hacker was monitoring. You're not able to find out any further information, since the "security" of the data link was created and controlled by some satellite somewhere, and you would have needed physical access to it to be able to poke around inside. This smells fishy; but not the kind of "the Johnson is going to shoot you on site" fishy. More like "Someone really needs to hide themself" fishy.

During the second half-hour, you track down the website of Underwater Expeditions. You discover that, despite the hit count, and the hosting computer believing that the site had been posted for some time (years), it was almost brand new. It was a second rate job, as a hacking job, probably done by an amateur. It would stand up to any surface scrutiny though, and you only discovered it because you were in the habit of checking to see if the html tags had date inserts in them. Most coders don't bother to edit those out, since they will never be checked.
The location that the website refers to is one of the entirely abandoned islands south of Japan, and there is nothing there. You were able to check with a live satellite feed, and you are quite sure there is nothing there.
You also pull a huge amount of local data about the meet. Including traffic cams, ATM cams, public records of the buildings, architectural drawings, etc.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 21 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 5:40 pm

As Ashe exited the plain early in the morning. There is no doubt that eventually her keen elven ears would hear LT's Screams, as he beat on the Bamboo with his arms and legs, off in the distance. He had been at this since his nightmare woke him up, in the middle of the night. There was a small clearing that he had dug out of the forest with his anger. Around the tree he blasted the day before with his anger, and a modified Red Line. From sword practice to gun Drawing drills. He at some point had taken the time to meditate, mostly on his father but every time he tried to summon infantile Memories, always the Black Dragon was waiting in his mind for him to close his eyes for any reason. So yeah he did not get much sleep but he had slept enough the day before anyway... After his (Weak)Meditation. He took time out to fill his darts for his dart gun with Narco-Ject LT was a bit of a chemist with the little bit of brains he did have aside from being street smart. So he knew enough not to let The fluid touch his skin... Because he knew if he fell asleep as always the Ebony beast that fed off of his soul was waiting.

"Aggggggghhhhhhoor!" he screamed at the top of his lungs. Knowing the others should not be able to hear him so far out, and or at least that it would not be loud enough to wake them... A punch at a Bamboo shaft was not enough to break it down. LT was not as strong as a lot of other trolls something he planed to rectify, but to his credit he'd gotten a little bigger. And he was more Agile then most trolls his size or larger. Moreover he was much faster then any of the brutes, save the ones with wires in there systems. His krav maga was as on point as it had ever been. He felt sharp, but he knew Job would say no improvements. are a waste of time. He needed to be faster stronger he had seen Kess's aura and was happy that the shifter had learned to hide his true nature. Meta humanity could be so cold... But he would no longer fear persecution as he had improved himself. LT had grown a little you could hardly call that and improvement. Still there was more to it then that he just did know what. So he pounded the tree thrice more for answers. It yielded none to him. But it did break and fall like so many of its brethren before it. And for some reason of late destroying things on some weird level was pleasing to him go figure...

Last edited by Ghostmaker on Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 21 EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 11:54 am

Ashe, and anyone else wandering about the aircraft in the early morning would note a slight oddity in a pile of neatly folded clothes near the exit ramp of the aircraft, along with some distinctly familiar looking weapons piled on top. Specifically it all belonged to Kesslan, and it was hard to mistake the tell tail pair of customized pistols and the far more elegant looking pearl inlaid handles of his swords carefully propped up against the side of the aircraft, complete with all the other kit he usually carried about on his person. The other thing of note was a pair of apparently freshly killed Japanese Hares sitting on the ramp not too far away from that same pile of clothes, and even a brief examination of them would show the cause of death was a mix of broken bones and small puncture wounds.

The shifter himself however, was at the moment nowhere to be seen.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 21 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 3:21 am

Ashe, satisfied with a good, quality, morning workout, sat down on the edge of the ramp and leaned against the door frame. She smiled, letting the sweat drip down her forehead for the moment, while her internal temperature returned to some semblance of normalcy, and waited for the two boys to return. She could clearly hear LT working out his aggression. Kesslan was out doing something similar, but he wasn't anywhere obvious.
A few moments of relaxation, Ashe sent a quick team-wide message.
-Begin Message-
To: Team
Good morning all. I am feeling right as rain now that I've had a good 20 hours of sleep to take care of the drain. Let's catch up and get some breakfast? I want to hear what you all discussed while I was out.
-End Message-
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 21 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 8:10 pm

LT opened up conversation with like all the teams links in response to Ashe's message "LT here" he started...

"Well if were going to go get the new guy. Then i suggest, someone check out the convenient store, surrounding area type stuff. Someones gonna have to pound the pavement on this one. I'm on the ladder detail. My guy got the info for us, i might as well see how helpful it was. Also we go asking questions someones gonna feel some type of way sooner or latter right you don't need me to conduct and interview id be no use..." He paused for effect. Then finished "That said i think id be more help watching the back o the person asking the questions any takers...? The rest i guess is up to you all, and that machine o yours..." He spoke soft like into the mic. (well for a troll anyway.) It sounded like LT had not forgotten how the AI had dismissed him. Yet it did not sound like he was mad. It was curious and out of Character for some one like him not to just say it... Was he hiding something, all would have to wait and see. Because he did not feel like talking about it, but he felt like he was loosing cohesion...

"So it's whatever, I'm just saying, Breakfast sounds good, soon as i shower. I'm heading back now. I'm about a click or so away South, Southeast...." Then he started to walk back Grabbing up his Gear. He was not done dealing with it. And Ashe's Pep talk in the plain was wearing off. In fact it seemed the whole ordeal had had a profound effect on LT. He was not sure what it was. But it was Flagrant...
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 21 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 11:02 pm

Kesslan, for his own part, soon enough returned with yet another hare trapped in his jaws and looking quite pleased with himself, for a 'perfectly normal' black jaguar that certainly didn't belong in the wilds of Japan. Of course to the untrained he might look something akin to a leopard which were native to some areas of Japan but were none the less generally scarce save around the mountains. Spotting Ashe he promptly trotted over to drop the hare at her feet, 'gently' headbut her leg in an affection manner and then trotted on off to the aircraft to get ready for the day and change back into his human form. He could only manage to stand that false form for so long, though certainly having a human form was useful, he was still far more feline than he ever would be human. A shifter's 'natural' form had always been that of the animal they were, not the metarace they shifted into.
Back to top Go down
Havick1988
Team Leader
Team Leader
Havick1988

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 21 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 9:55 am

John arives at the location that was specified in the message and looks around a bit and decided to take a table in the back of the building. THe table was teh darkest table in te building with just enough shadow to barly hide some of the features of his face to most people without teh augmented sight for low light. He prefered darkness to light becase its typicaly what he lived in being a hacker he spent most of his time in a dark room with the windows blacked out.

he orders some food and drink then waits for the contacts to show up, he also tells that waitres that if anyone came in looking for a Mr. Gutieres to direct them to this table
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 21 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 1:58 pm

"Huh. Food!" Ashe said, a huge grin spreading across her face. She didn't hide the excitement of being in a position to enjoy, even with the meager portions, the real meat that Kesslan had brought in yesterday and this morning. Unfortunately, she had been sleeping, and had missed out on the meat yesterday, as Eleanor had informed her. This morning, however, Ashe had no intention of passing on her portion!
"Well, good morning to you Kesslan! It's good to see you in your true form from time to time. We should arrange to have this be a somewhat more frequent occurance. Your coat is quite lovely, and the ink-black way in which the light glints off of your fur is stunning here in the mountains region." Ashe said fondly. It was often said, and very true, that surviving battle together was, without question, the most effective way of bonding as a group. The obvious problem with that, of course, was that most Shadowrunners were entirely uninterested in trusting another 'runner long enough to get to share a battle with them!
A few moments later, Ashe was standing over the now-prepared skinless cooked hare, smiling to herself about her capacity to cook the food without lighting a fire. After all, no smoke, less chance of being caught!

"Hey boys! Good morning. Kesslan has supplied us with a mite bit of fresh meat, which I've nuked up for us. Come and get it!" She said, looking at her handywork and smiling. The truth is that a little bit of electricity, applied carefully to a grill would cook the meat up faster, and more effectively, than an open flame every time! And finding a grill isn't usually particularly challenging.
Ashe, hungry enough not to bother waiting for the rest of the team, tore off a leg and started to carefully eat the juicy portion. - Not only is it Real, but it's cooked without grease as well! This is just great!! Ashe thinks to herself with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 21 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 7:41 am

I suppose Kesslan is busy with RL; let's get this show moving forward

Ashe smiled, climbing out of the front seat of Eleanor, the impressively sleek sports car. This was not precisely inconspicuous transportation, but Ashe didn't mind taking a spin in style, rather than trying to hang on to the back of one of the boys' bikes. She nodded to Kesslan as he pulled up behind the car and dismounted his bike. LT would be coming in somewhere in the general vicinity of this area, although she knew better than to think that he would make himself obvious. Perhaps he would be parked in a lot somewhere, or maybe a garage.
Ashe closed the driver's door, and smiled at the implication that she was driving the car. - Like Eleanor would let me touch the steering wheel in Driver's car... Yeah, right! Ashe thought to herself, stepping around the front of the car and standing on the curb. Ashe grinned even larger when she watched the engine gun, and the car peeled out, giving Eleanor the head she needed to keep an eye on the streets around here. Eleanor had Ashe's trust; she would keep Ashe aware if there were something worth worrying about out there. After all, in the home of the Yakuza, you best keep your ear to the ground. - Where did that saying even come from? "Ear to the ground"? Strange... Ashe thought to herself, replaying the little saying a few times.
When Kesslan came to join her on the curb, leaving his bike in a parking space, she smiled at him and took his proffered arm. He may be more animal than human, but it seemed as though his kind knew how to treat their women as well. She started to school her face as they turned and walked in to the building, waiting expectantly for Kesslan to stop her and point out the man they were there to meet.

A few moments later, Kesslan, Ashe, and the "new guy" were all seated at a table in a large indoor mall atrium. Ashe had a fairly nice, very expensive Soycaf sitting in front of her in a brushed metal "thermos" cup. - Another one of those strange who-knows-where-that-came-from names. Like "Frisbee". Ashe thought to herself, taking a sip of the Soycaf and remarking that the "thermos" cup was actually cheaper than the Soycaf she put in it! Kinda expensive for the fake stuff...
"So, "John", I am told by someone I trust that you are skilled in your field, and that you believe you are the right man for "the job". Given that you're already here, I suppose you have passed the first test. Could you give me a run-down, in laymen terms, as to why you're the one we should hire?" Ashe asked pleasantly, allowing her voice to flow in it's melodious multi-tonal way. One of the things that Ashe was most grateful for concerning her Elven heritage was the vocal capacity. People tended not to pay much attention to vocals, for some strange reason, since you would have to look past the face, proverbially, to hear them. But Ashe loved that her voice was soft and soothing. It was not quite a "trait" of the Elves, but it was certainly common enough. The Elven vocals are soft and soothing on the ear.
Ashe sat back in her chair, uncrossing her legs, and re-crossing, this time right over left. She reached down, absently, with her left hand and smoothed her skirt out over her legs. She was pretty excited to be in town, since this would give her a chance to get some new clothes! She was tired of having to remove the evidence of her sleeping in her clothing using magic. It was embarrassing, even if no one else would see it. She also looked forward to some of life's basic amenities. Like a hair-dryer! Ugh that would be nice to have again. And where better to acquire such things as a mall?!?
Her skirt smooth, she replaced her left hand at her waist, coming across and resting on her stomach. Her right hand was holding the "brushed metal" Soycaf mug. Interestingly, Ashe thought that the "brushed metal" might actually be real, which would be a pleasant surprise. She continued to gaze unflinchingly at the newcomer, waiting for his response.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 21 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 8:30 pm

Lil'Tiamat parked his all black Toyota Coaster Down the street a little further then where Ashe and Kesslen had stopped. His stomach was Grumbling audible when he stepped out. He'd not eaten the rabbits kess had caught if he had sat down with them there would be nothing for everyone else... Closing the door behind him, and the big truck still settling down. He walked away he grumbled "Security mode clearance Tiamat Omega 1,3,A" The truck settled into security mode. He then quickly caught site of his two team mates, and shadowed them in

Shadowing Ashe and kesslen trying not to look like he knows them...

Shadowing 4, Agility 5 = 9dice = 5hits

His cover established Joe cool troll, made his way to a seat a little bit away from Ashe and Kesslens table. Stopping first to grab a tray full of junk food, but not letting Ashe and Kess out of his site. He sat and looked at the sites the mall offered watching the shoppers go to and fro, and he listened to the interviewee speak when Ashe spoke to him...
Back to top Go down
Havick1988
Team Leader
Team Leader
Havick1988

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 21 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 12:03 pm

for a few minutes before the other group arives John takes his time to get into sthenode controlling the cameras in the mall so he can see whats going on and erase his movements and theother partys when they leave.

Stealth program activated - Computer 4 + Stealth 5 = 9; 2 hits Stealth 7
Hacking on the Fly- (interval 1 inititive pass - 3 seconds)30 seconds
Hacking 4 + Exploit 5 =9; 25 hits

After everyfew seconds he ran his spoof program to add more confusion to anything trying to track him they would come accross his spoofed signal first which would send them to a node a couple blocks away and from thereto a node a mile or so furthur

Hacking 4 + Spoof 5 = 9; first 10 seconds = 2, second 10 = 5, last 10 = 4)
(just to clarify this action was taked in between hacking atempts at 10 second intervals)
from this point on im going to assume i made it in without a problem just let me know if thats not the case

once john got in he started looking for the files that accessed the cameras and once he found the files he taged them to his comling and set up a bypass rot that allowed him to get back in after he had left to erase himself and the people coming to meet him.

about 10 minutes later he sees two people come up and sit down at his table and after Ashe spoke he gave a few seconds to make it looklike he was thinking and did a quick back check on the cameras to figure out what vehicle they had goten out of "you two got out of a black sports car that apears to be of american Manufacturing styles." he let that sit for a bit and then spoke up again "Im skilled at gaining information and providing security for facilities. however not hte physical securities such as a man with a gun but as extra eyes and sensors. you wanted someone with my skills and im the best there is except fr maybe FastJack whom trained me"

Edit: Dataserch + Browse extended test for cameras (15 seconds) = 15 hits
Search for vhehicles for 9 seconds 12 hits

Last edited by Havick1988 on Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 21 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 12:30 pm

The VR Environment for the mall's node was one of the strangest John had ever seen. The world seemed to be entirely pink/red and white, mostly in striped patterns. There were "trees" and "bushes", of a sort, but even they were following the color configuration of what the node seemed to have created. The "trees" were all tall white/red striped trunks, completely straight, and the tops of them curved over in a cane shape. The entire "tree" was shiny, like it was made of colored glass or something. The bushes were usually short white trunk/stalks which were topped by a fully rounded white/red striped wheel. Like a cheese wheel. The bushes were all shiny as well, also like they were made of glass. In the sky, instead of clouds, there were multi-colored peak-shapes. The world was very detailed, and quite well designed, except for one thing: it was really incredibly creepy.
Not entirely sure if this was someone's idea of a really-bad joke, or if there were some context he was missing out on, John decided to continue with his work. The results of his "Stealth" program were disconcertingly creepy, but clearly appropriate and likely quite effective. His image shifted to something he imagined would belong in a land like this one. He was wearing bright white/red striped clothing. His feet had shoes with toes which curved upwards, and had a little golden bell hanging off of them. His had matched the clouds.
He took his first step forward, trying to make sure that his icon would be accepted by the node. This was the hardest part, and it was always difficult to tell whether you were "noticed" or not, at least immediately. Usually when you got that itchy feeling between your shoulder blades, and you ducked, only to watch an ISBM Nuke sail over your head did you realize that you had been detected. John took his next step forward, and proceeded to move about like he owned the place. The stealth program had decided that "meek" would be more likely to be detected in this node than "bold".
In short order, he was sitting on one of the creepiest "park benches" he had ever encountered. It was entirely made of what appeared to be identical white/red shiny poles, cut from the tree-trunks of the land. From there, he had a somewhat clear "view" of the land, and was able to start his search program, attempting to locate the stored files with the live video feed.
Havick: I need you to roll a search for this; I will continue to write as though you succeeded. You will also have to roll a search to find the people/car in the video feeds. You can include both in an [EDIT] to your previous post.

Ashe didn't take long to respond.
"Good, you can do the basic work. That is important." Ashe said, hiding her impatience with the boringly blatant display John had just made of his relative inexperience. - But, inexperience does NOT mean incompetence! She reminded herself, moving forward with what now had become an interview.
"Would it be possible for you to show me something more advanced? I do really need to know that you are capable of top-notch work, not just being able to monitor low-security Mall Node-feeds." Ashe added, asking with a matter-of-fact tone to her voice. This was not a demonstration of skill, this was a basic demonstration of understanding, which Ashe didn't even consider worthy of the time he had spent completing it. If he couldn't even have been able to do this, he wouldn't have been recommended for this position. "I think something like..." She paused, considering the complexity of what she was about to ask him to do for her.
"Ok, I think I've got it. Although this may take you some time to complete... I would like you to tell me what mode of transportation I used to arrive here in Japan. Tell me if you think you're up to the task, and how long it will take you to track that down. Then we can talk about price." Ashe said, bothered that she had had to come up with a test. She would have been much more satisfied with Eleanor's recommendation being enough; but John's "display" when she arrived had almost required a test of the situation.
Back to top Go down
Havick1988
Team Leader
Team Leader
Havick1988

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 21 EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 12:15 am

Hearing her chalenge for him he scoffed a bit and then replied
"you expect me to search through the matrix for how you got onto this island. with me knowing what you are, in the basic sence of the word we have somewhat of the same profesion just diferent skills for this work. Hun, if you havent realised were in Japan and needless to say they dont take to well to catching our kind so i doubt you came in through normal means you were probably smuggled in if that island that you have for your job front is any indication you probably landed somewhere in that vicenity be it by air or land i dont know. but im not about to try to gain accesss to some smuggler group who if there good dont even operate on the matrix nor keep records of what they transported. Oh dont get me wrong i could probably find out exactly how you gt here and where you ended up before coming here but thats looking fo the perverbial neddle in the everloving god awflu huge haystack with the needle hapening to be of the same color as the surounding hay."
jon takes a drink after his somewhat long monlogue nd the continues on
"Also i have enough pride in my skills that i will not drop down to trying to prove myself so someone who obviously dosn't completly understand the complexities of what i do. For if you had more understanding you would not have asked me no.. try to provoke me into some futile wild goose chase. youll just ave to take my skills at face value for now along with what i have tld you i am capable of doing a i have said i am the second best wired and wierless security exert there is with Fast Jack being better than me because he was my mentor. there is no one better than him on the trix." he ends there and give a small pause before finaly adding "Oh, and youll want to get better security on your trix page, its decently passable for the average user but it can barly stand up to any kind of scrutiny. it would be quickly torn apart for what it is as a fake if anyone even half as skilled as me looked at it."

John takes another sip of his drink and a bite of his food and watches for either of there responces
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 21 EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 2:25 am

For this particular meeting, Kesslan was dressed in a sporty but still utilitarian jumpsuit and boots. He still hadn't had a chance to pick up a proper bike suit, but he'd fix that while he was here in town easily enough. For his own part he had a cup of tea before him, which he only sipped at occasionally, just enough to keep up the pretense that he was actually there to enjoy a good cup and some light conversation, rather than really being here for the meeting. He still didn't really fully understand the whole social ritual thing humans had going on, but he was none the less learning bit by bit. None the less, he let Ashe take the lead on this one since she was far more at home in this sort of setting than he'd likely ever be. Instead he focused his attention on this hacker they were there to meet and seeing just what it was he could do. Though his understanding of things in that regard were also somewhat limited. None the less, he at least understood a few basic things and when the back and forth started up about hacking ability his feline eyes, the one major outward appearance about his true self he couldn't hide narrowed. Well of course there was that and the unusually dark skin, though it wasn't black, it was still unusually dark none the less for some one who at least appeared to be of South American descent. "The scope of that is perhaps too large, however i do have a potential compromise. We need some one who's skilled and more importantly, some one who can prove it. We can't divulge the reason for this at the moment, not till your officially on board. Suffice it to say, what we are after is very much hunting for a needle in a very large haystack and we need some one who's able to dig up that kind of information. So I'll tell you what. I'll give you one minute to dig up the information about our job from my comlink."
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 21 EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 6:59 am

"Huh." Ashe said, smiling a bit. She didn't bother to hide her smile, although it didn't last long.
"As my mother used to say: "He's go Chutzpah"." Ashe grinned, keeping the laugh in, but allowing the amusement to show on her face. She cut off her next comment as Kesslan offered up a new challenge. She looked at Kesslan, properly directing her physical attention to the speaker, and nodding as he paused in between thoughts. His challenge was appropriately difficult, and for the appropriately "difficult" reasons. Ashe liked the idea, although success or failure in this task didn't necessarily constitute an entirely skill based test. But, again, that was appropriate.
"I like it. Although, to be fair, we should offer the following advice: there is information about our current job on Kesslan's commlink." Ashe added once Kesslan was finished. She really enjoyed the idea of this particular challenge. Ashe, herself, didn't keep any information on her Commlink, since they had alternate means for reviewing their information. But, that didn't mean that Kesslan followed the same guidelines as she did. Everyone did things their own way, after all.
"And, by the way, you're right. The website needs to be "shored up", as they would say. That is part of what we will need you to take care of, but only a very small part. We need that cover business up and running, desperately." As Ashe stopped talking, giving Kesslan or John a chance to comment, she got an idea.
Back to top Go down
Havick1988
Team Leader
Team Leader
Havick1988

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 21 EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 10:27 am

Figuring that the compromise from the other guy was far moe resenable he noded and when he lifted his head his eyes had a slightly glossed over look as he was interfacing his AR display the surounding area for him became less defined and much harder for him to notice anythign around him he began to look for the wireless signal of this mans comink which wouldnt be to dificult as it was within less than 2 meters compared to everythign else

edit: Stealth + Computer (9d6.hits(5)=1); Stealth = 6
Hacking 6 seconds
Hacking + Exploit = 8hits

after gettign into the comlink he starts to sift through his search program with key words to pull up the information he desired

Data Search for 6 seconds
Datasearch + Browse = 7hits

Last edited by Havick1988 on Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 21 EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 11:22 am

The troll was relatively close to the conversation so he listens in...

Listening to Ashe and kess's conversation with the new guy.

Intuition 3, Perception 4 = 7dice = 2hits

He liked the new guys bold confidence. It reminded him of JOB an adapt like Tiamet and also his fixer. JOB had built himself into a pretty good combat hacker. Able to go on mission and do what his team back in the day needed him to do. All the while being able to handle himself when things got rough. Those Mossad guys had pride. Back at the table Kess gave a compromise. The shifter seemed to be good at that... He noted back in the plain they stole, Kess had offered a compromise to the soldiers... Maybe he was not as into killing as LT had thought. When he first met the guy, and that comment was made. Or maybe he'd changed over the short time they had been together. He was after all a Hunter at heart. but apparently not a ruthless one... That would be filed in his mind for later dissection...

He continued to play his roll, not giving up his cover in the slightest...

Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 21 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 7:55 am

Unsurprisingly, John has no difficulty at all locating Kesslan's device. It is the only one broadcasting within a 3 meter radius, which makes it quite simple to locate. When John hacks in to the Device, he finds it surprisingly easy, there wasn't even the barest hint of security, or a Firewall rating high enough to cause him to break a sweat. This is, obviously, suspicious for a group looking to hire someone of John's caliber skills if they are willing to store their data on a 'link so poorly protected.
John quickly establishes "Read" permissions in the 'link, since it isn't worth the time to establish write, or security override access just to search for some files. In no time, John is able to bring up his search program and listed several keywords, including "Ashe", "Mission", "Job", and several others which should bring up some results regarding the current work. While the search program does it's job, John attempts to rifle through the files manually, in a more "human" fashion, in an attempt to locate something that would give away the job by it's naming.
Before John has much of a chance to get far, the Search program comes back with 1 result. Only 1 result. It is unlikely, considering the result, and the folder it's stored in, that this was "forgotten" by Kesslan while he was cleaning out the rest of the files.

Results:
Keyword's returned: "Mission"
Folder name: "Mission"
File name: "Mission Notes"
File size: 5kb
File Contents: Text

Text:
"The princess is in another castle"

Total elapsed time: 15 Seconds (+3 seconds to "Electronic Warfare" to search for the Commlink)
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 21 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 11:00 pm

Kesslan for his part sits back and waits, monitoring his comlink for any strange activity. The Firewall and analyze program backing it up to detect intrusions were not the best on the public market, not quite, but they were still pretty good as far as civilian equipment went. Not that he had a milspec grade comlink anyway, as much as he might wish for that kind of hardware. Still, if their would be hacker slipped up on such a simple device, he figured the guy wouldn't be worth hiring if some one untrained and so unfamiliar with the matrix as a shifter like him, or his mere comlink with it's off the shelf programs could notice anything amiss. Still, it wasn't like he trusted that particular comlink with anything even remotely sensitive. He knew better than that. Still, the comlink held many of the essentials one would expect any person to have these days. Public profile, though one relatively sparse of information save his connections to the new company they had just recently formed and a slew of license tags for a host of semi legal gear in the form of armour, weapons and vehicle registration. All of which looked very legitimate on the surface to most along with the UCAS citizenry listing him as a Johnathan Arbuckle.
Back to top Go down
Havick1988
Team Leader
Team Leader
Havick1988

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 21 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 12:48 am

John pondered ofer the information for another few seconds and spoke up "Jonathan... nice touch, I cant get anything more than the basics of what is here. A little bit of history with the UCAS, a citizen no less. nothings on it though that would help me on your challenge it has no usefule info whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Time for Secrets
Page 21 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next