Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeSteampunk to Cyberpunk: Big Daddy Converion WIP - Page 2 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Steampunk to Cyberpunk: Big Daddy Converion WIP

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SwimmingEagle
Runner
Runner
SwimmingEagle

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2010-03-22

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

Steampunk to Cyberpunk: Big Daddy Converion WIP - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steampunk to Cyberpunk: Big Daddy Converion WIP   Steampunk to Cyberpunk: Big Daddy Converion WIP - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 11:48 pm

Durandana wrote:
Neat. I like the package idea. It'll be like the cyberware suites in Augmentation, with less chance of addiction/lower ADAM cost.

Good thinking on the mutation list too. I've got some Warhammer books that can be helpful for coming up with that, and the Call of Cthulhu book can be helpful for coming up with insanity/mental disorders.

By the way, I haven't mentioned this but I can't tell you how awesome it is to have someone who can not only act as a sounding board but be contributing as much as I am to the rule system. I've tried making rule systems/conversions before but I've never had someone who's as... productive as you. So... thanks for being a part of this. Smile

I'll check in on what you've done tomorrow and have some more thoughts then. Time for sleep now.
Stop it your making me want to divulge my plans for world domination. Embarassed
One of my freinds likes thinking up video games, and i tend to get dragged into the conception of it. Makeing new things like this has just been a bit of a hobby for me. Besides its the least i could do, after you date raped my concept thread.
Back to top Go down
SwimmingEagle
Runner
Runner
SwimmingEagle

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Steampunk to Cyberpunk: Big Daddy Converion WIP   Steampunk to Cyberpunk: Big Daddy Converion WIP - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 2:36 pm

I think before we continue, we should Define where and how ADAM can be obtained.
From highest paying to lowest.
Harvesting a Little sister 160
Rescueing a little sister 80
Little sister Regurgitation 40 (adopting a little sister in bioshock 2)
Adam slug 10 (bioshock 2)

Revolver (Webley Mk IV) Light Pistol [4P SA Ammo 6(cyl) 100$]
Pump Shotgun (Winchester M1890) Shotgun [9P{shot AP +5} 7p{slug AP-1} RC 1 SA Ammo 5(m)]
Double barrel shotgun (Ryan Co Law) Shotgun [9P{shot AP +5} 7p{slug AP-1} SS Ammo 2(b)]*fire both barrels at once +1DV -1RC*
Tommy gun (Tompson) Submachine gun [5P SA/BF/FA RC 1 Ammo 20(clip) 50(drum)]
Machine Gun (Sinclair Soulutions Gatling) Light Machine gun [6P AP FA* RC 2 Ammo 50(c) 200(belt)] *minigun rules, Mostly found on turrets*
Crossbow (Le Marquis D'Epoque) Medium Crossbow [5P AP-1 Ammo 4(c)]
Speargun (Rapture Gamehunter) Heavy Crossbow [7P AP-2 Ammo 6(c)] *Functions underwater*
Elephant Gun (Sinclair Heavybore) Sport Rifle [9P AP-1 RC(1) Ammo 2(m)]
#i left out the chemical thrower, i guess you can treat it like a regular flamethrower with extra stuff.#
Also Im assuming Period acurate weapons are available. (1958s-1968)

Im assuming that power to the people stations are in this. instead of making them deactivate. Have them cost alot of money.
Tell me what you think so far.
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Number of posts : 705
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Steampunk to Cyberpunk: Big Daddy Converion WIP   Steampunk to Cyberpunk: Big Daddy Converion WIP - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 3:09 pm

"Date-raped" huh? Yeowch...

Okay, I was in the process of posting this when you posted. I see you've taken the weapons from Bioshock and given them SR stats, which is good... but there's not a lot of variety in Bioshock. Just one of each, in fact. Should we include more variety? Here's a list of period weapons I took from Call of Cthulhu. Do you want to keep it more simple, with just one type of gun per category?

Handguns
.22 Short Automatic
.32 Revolver
.32 Automatic
.38 Revolver
.38 Automatic
Model 108 Luger
.45 Revolver
.45 Automatic

Rifles
.22 Bold-Action Rifle
.30 Lever-Action Rifle
M1 Garand
.303 Lee-Enfield
.30-06 Bolt-Action Rifle
Elephant Gun (2 barreled)

Shotguns
20-gauge Shotgun (2 barreled)
16-guage Shotgun (2 barreled)
12-gauge Shotgun (2 barreled)
12-gauge Shotgun (pump)

Submachine guns
Thompson

Machine Guns
Browning Automatic Rifle M1918
.30 Browning M1917A1, belt-fed
Maschinengewehr-42 (MG-42)

Explosives
Molotov Cocktail
Dynamite Stick
Blasting Cap
Pipe Bomb
Hand Grenade

I'll get to work on converting the Plasmids and Tonics. Then we'll need to work on skills.
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Steampunk to Cyberpunk: Big Daddy Converion WIP   Steampunk to Cyberpunk: Big Daddy Converion WIP - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 3:27 pm

SwimmingEagle wrote:
I think before we continue, we should Define where and how ADAM can be obtained.
From highest paying to lowest.
Harvesting a Little sister 160
Rescueing a little sister 80
Little sister Regurgitation 40 (adopting a little sister in bioshock 2)
Adam slug 10 (bioshock 2)

I don't know the context of the Bioshock 2 events... but I don't think the player characters will be Big Daddies, so I don't see how the last two apply. Enemies might also have ADAM on them, in small amounts. I've always thought it odd that you couldn't salvage it off defeated foes. Obviously nothing major, maybe 5-10 on some of the richer/more well off denizens of Rapture.

Remember that we'll be having probably 3 or 4 players (I really don't want to have more than that), so they'll have to figure out how to divide up ADAM amongst themselves, and only giving it to them from Little Sisters will mean we need higher amounts from them. Also... we'll have to think about the whole rescuing thing. After all, Jack could only do that because he got the special tonic/plasmid from Tenenbaum. And part of that depends on when this takes place.
Back to top Go down
SwimmingEagle
Runner
Runner
SwimmingEagle

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Steampunk to Cyberpunk: Big Daddy Converion WIP   Steampunk to Cyberpunk: Big Daddy Converion WIP - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 3:35 pm

Durandana wrote:
"Date-raped" huh? Yeowch...

Okay, I was in the process of posting this when you posted. I see you've taken the weapons from Bioshock and given them SR stats, which is good... but there's not a lot of variety in Bioshock. Just one of each, in fact. Should we include more variety? Here's a list of period weapons I took from Call of Cthulhu. Do you want to keep it more simple, with just one type of gun per category?

ive already got 2 shotguns, not much you can do there.
Molotov cocktails are described in Arsenal. as is Dynamite.
Pipe bomb is basically what a frag gernade is in the game, the hand grendade should be left out.

Ive got a few things prepped from that list
M1 Garand Battle rifle [6P AP 1 SA RC 1 Ammo 8(c)] *must fire every round to reload*
BAR (Browning Automatic rifle) Assault rifle [6P AP-1 SA/BA/FA RC 1(3) AMMO 40(c)]*underbarrel bipod*
Modified Colt 1911 (Custom) Heavy pistol [5P AP-1 SA Ammo 7(c)]
Model 108 Luger (Service pistol) Light pistol [4P SA Ammo 8]

The Regurgitation is how Adam was originally harvested. Make a little sister throw up. you dont have to be a big daddy to do that. The adoption thing is you protected the little sister while she gathered adam from a rich corpse. maybe if you had a little sisters needle you could extract adam, just not as well as a little sister. so yeah that works. The adam Slug is where you go out in the ocean and find the slug. probably one of the safer ways to get it.
Back to top Go down
SwimmingEagle
Runner
Runner
SwimmingEagle

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Steampunk to Cyberpunk: Big Daddy Converion WIP   Steampunk to Cyberpunk: Big Daddy Converion WIP - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 4:38 pm

Light Pistols
Webley Mk IV (.38 Revolver) Light Pistol [4P SA Ammo 6(cyl)]
Model 108 Luger (.38 Service pistol) Light pistol [4P SA Ammo 8]

Heavy Pistols
Modified Colt 1911 (.45 Custom) Heavy pistol [5P AP-1 SA Ammo 7(c)]
Colt Single Action Army (.45 Revolver) Heavy Pistol [6P AP-1 SS Ammo 4(cyl)] *Fan the hammer for SA, -1 to dice pool.*

Battle Rifles (sport rifles)
M1 Garand Battle rifle [6P AP-11 SA RC 1 Ammo 8(c)] *must fire every round to reload*
.30-06 Bolt-Action Rifle [7P AP-1 SS RC 1 Ammo 4(m)]

Submachine guns
Tommy gun (Tompson) Submachine gun [5P SA/BF/FA RC 1 Ammo 20(clip) 50(drum)]
MP 40 Submachine gun [5P BA/FA RC (1) Ammo 32(c)]

assault rifles
BAR (Browning Automatic rifle) Assault rifle [6P AP-1 SA/BA/FA RC 1(3) AMMO 40(c)]*underbarrel bipod*
AK 47 Prototype Assault rifle [6p Ap-1 SA/BA/FA ammo 38(c)]

Machine guns
MG 42 Light machine gun [6P AP-1 BA/FA Ammo 50(c) 250 Belt]
Machine Gun (Sinclair Soulutions Gatling) Machine gun [7P AP FA* RC 2 Ammo 50(c) 250(belt)] *minigun rules, Mostly found on turrets and Security bots*

Shotguns
Pump Shotgun (Winchester M1890) Shotgun [9P{shot AP +5} 7p{slug AP-1} RC 1 SA Ammo 5(m)]
Double barrel shotgun (Ryan Co Law) Shotgun [9P{shot AP +5} 7p{slug AP-1} SS Ammo 2(b)]*fire both barrels at once +1DV -1RC*

Misc
Crossbow (Le Marquis D'Epoque) Medium Crossbow [5P AP-1 Ammo 4(c)]
Speargun (Rapture Gamehunter) Heavy Crossbow [7P AP-2 Ammo 6(c)] *Functions underwater*
Elephant Gun (Sinclair Heavybore) Sport Rifle [9P AP-1 RC(1) Ammo 2(m)]

Last edited by SwimmingEagle on Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Steampunk to Cyberpunk: Big Daddy Converion WIP   Steampunk to Cyberpunk: Big Daddy Converion WIP - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 6:11 pm

Wow! Great stuff! Really good job! Color me impressed.

Just a few things I'm wondering about... the 'AK-47 prototype' should be the Sturmgewehr 44 (aka MP 44) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/StG_44

MP-42 should be MG-42.

Isn't the BAR a LMG, not an AR?
Back to top Go down
SwimmingEagle
Runner
Runner
SwimmingEagle

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Steampunk to Cyberpunk: Big Daddy Converion WIP   Steampunk to Cyberpunk: Big Daddy Converion WIP - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 6:24 pm

Durandana wrote:
Wow! Great stuff! Really good job! Color me impressed.

Just a few things I'm wondering about... the 'AK-47 prototype' should be the Sturmgewehr 44 (aka MP 44) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/StG_44
the StG 44 it is then,

Durandana wrote:

Isn't the BAR a LMG, not an AR?

...we could say its an AR

ill fix the post and move it to the rules thread.

one question about plasmids though. how do we determine the Force of each plasmid used? Force is essential to figure drain value/damage value/and such.
Back to top Go down
SwimmingEagle
Runner
Runner
SwimmingEagle

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Steampunk to Cyberpunk: Big Daddy Converion WIP   Steampunk to Cyberpunk: Big Daddy Converion WIP - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 8:13 pm

Okay may have figured out Force and Spell casting while i was looking through the skills.
Force max is ABEL again rounded down. So if you had an ABEL of 2.5 you could use a plasmid with a force of 2 and recive Stun damage, over that and its phisical.

Skills
Skills that should be dropped
Cyber Combat
Data search
Software
Pilot Aerospace (not invented yet)
pilot anthroform (doesn't exist, i think)
Conjuring Skill group
Tasking Skill group
Astral Combat
Ritual spellcasting

Skills Modified
Computer is now Radio
Cybertechnology Is now Genetechnology
Spellcasting is now Plasmids
Counterspelling is now Canceling
Assensing is now Genetic Memory (Reading Memories from ADAM)

New skill groups
Electronics: Radio, Hardware, Hacking, Electronic Warfare
CAIN(still pitching it, subcontious knowledge about genes): Plasmids, Canceling, Genetic Memory
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steampunk to Cyberpunk: Big Daddy Converion WIP   Steampunk to Cyberpunk: Big Daddy Converion WIP - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Steampunk to Cyberpunk: Big Daddy Converion WIP
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2