Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeBest Served Cold OOC - Page 3 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Best Served Cold OOC

Go down 
+6
Kesslan
SPCOsborne
wngd_phantom
Stubbspks
Paradox
taniwhaiti
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
taniwhaiti
Team Leader
Team Leader

Number of posts : 427
Registration date : 2008-12-15

Character sheet
Character Name: Haruki 'Tora' Tokugawa
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

Best Served Cold OOC - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Served Cold OOC   Best Served Cold OOC - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 8:06 pm

Hey SPCOsborne!

Are you a real-life Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory?
Back to top Go down
SPCOsborne
Meat
Meat
SPCOsborne

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2010-01-01

Character sheet
Character Name: Melvin Herbowitz
Race: Troll

PostSubject: Re: Best Served Cold OOC   Best Served Cold OOC - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 3:51 am

I've never watched big bang theory. Is that the 3-d cartoon? Or is it a BBC comedy (I may be thinking of Red Dwarf)

But seriously: Imagine a huge hulking troll (make mine uglier that it's cha would allow) and imagine it hugging a human sized drone with the Aperture Science song (without vocals) in the background.

2 wrongs don't make a right, but two uglies make a "squee!"
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Best Served Cold OOC   Best Served Cold OOC - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 6:55 am

Sadly it's hard to hug a drone that has a dual propeller system, with one prop at the front and another at the rear, along with a rather sizeable wingspan.

It couldn't exactly stay still either unless it landed considering it lacks hover capabilities.
Back to top Go down
SPCOsborne
Meat
Meat
SPCOsborne

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Best Served Cold OOC   Best Served Cold OOC - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 7:40 am

Well it's a good thing that trolls have reach and (hopefully) weigh enough to keep the sucker in place.

Now excuse me while I indulge in the "squee" I love you
Back to top Go down
Havick1988
Team Leader
Team Leader
Havick1988

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2008-12-06

Character sheet
Character Name: Havick

PostSubject: Re: Best Served Cold OOC   Best Served Cold OOC - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 9:47 am

and thats why it has the VTOL Modification, also not that im going to do anything about it or truly care but SPCO, didnt you end up using OOC Information to affect Character actions? unless you actualy have the paranoied qualitiy then wouldnt shutting of your comlink be just a bit eccesive?
Back to top Go down
taniwhaiti
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Best Served Cold OOC   Best Served Cold OOC - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 10:18 am

This is getting ridiculous - do something about the damn drone bro - move it away from the ranch and make an appearance yourself. We are going nowehere here!
Back to top Go down
Havick1988
Team Leader
Team Leader
Havick1988

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Best Served Cold OOC   Best Served Cold OOC - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 10:46 am

the drone is his apearance, he never shows his face, if he can actualy get some trid screen then he would show his matrix avi, but at the moment i dont know if there are any around
Back to top Go down
taniwhaiti
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Best Served Cold OOC   Best Served Cold OOC - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 11:01 am

No there aren't any - you are on a ranch!
Back to top Go down
Havick1988
Team Leader
Team Leader
Havick1988

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Best Served Cold OOC   Best Served Cold OOC - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 11:14 am

and i believe my recent ingame post should fix the issue, i just had to hack into one of the runers comlinks, ie Keslans
Back to top Go down
SPCOsborne
Meat
Meat
SPCOsborne

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Best Served Cold OOC   Best Served Cold OOC - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 1:26 pm

I am in fact using OOC info to influence my actions, but not from this game.

Had a situation i previous game where due to some of the cyberware I was using the GM decided it'd be fun to have a guy hack my internal commlink, access my wired reflexes through the commlink, and carry me around like a marionette for a little bit. It was freakin' hilarious out of game but in game I was hating life for a minute..
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Best Served Cold OOC   Best Served Cold OOC - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 7:40 pm

Hmm..

Looking at your Sheet though there's no listing of the drone having a VTOL mod that I can see.

As to the commlink there still needs to be an opposing test from the commlink to just hack in on the fly. Though fortuantely I don't have an analyze program on the commlink so the commlink only has it's firewall raiting. Given that it's unlikely as such to detect the hack attempts since it's only able, at best, to generate 3 hits (And that's not likley to happen) I won't bother with the opposed tests. So personally I'm hardly going to make a big deal out of it. Chalk it up to having to learn more about hacking in SR4 Razz

That said I' not sure the commlink itself has a speaker, though I do have it linked to the earbuds obviously. Gm's call on it actually having a speaker though.
Back to top Go down
Havick1988
Team Leader
Team Leader
Havick1988

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Best Served Cold OOC   Best Served Cold OOC - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 8:01 pm

yea, i checked your character sheet for the comlink before ifinished the post, otherwise i wouldnt have gone ahead with the rest of what he did, as far as the verbal message, it would be played through whatever audio outputs on the Comlink as far as im aware, so wether thats only a message to yourself or everyone can hear it i dont know, but i dont think comlinks have build in speakers, though i might be wrong,

ON the VTOL mod im sure i had that added in on the drone, however sence its not on the sheet then just figure it to be flying in circles keeping over the area

Also to the GM, Did anything turn up on my hacking atempt on that other signal or do you want me to make some more rolls?
Back to top Go down
taniwhaiti
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Best Served Cold OOC   Best Served Cold OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 12:40 am

This could get interesting in a few minutes (game time). Hold on to yer hats there pardner! Yeeeehaaaaa! Yipee-kay-ay!
Back to top Go down
SPCOsborne
Meat
Meat
SPCOsborne

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Best Served Cold OOC   Best Served Cold OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 11:35 am

this question is directed at havok AKA eisen: Is it my commlink you're trying to hit?

And now another thing to note: If I "turned off" a commlink that is internal and runs parallel to some of my higher neural functions, just how "off" is it? If I had a standard commlink, turned it off, and had it spoofed back on somehow I'd know how to deal with that (take out the batteries). But with my commlink in it's current position (specifically in my head), I'm not too sure.

Anybody know any text that refers to this?
Back to top Go down
Havick1988
Team Leader
Team Leader
Havick1988

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Best Served Cold OOC   Best Served Cold OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 11:50 am

no its a diferent comlink, one thats not any of yours

Aparently it happens to be in the sealed room
Back to top Go down
SPCOsborne
Meat
Meat
SPCOsborne

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Best Served Cold OOC   Best Served Cold OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 2:56 pm

Oh, and I'd like to say that this run has been interesting so far.

But I'm weird like that: the 4 hours planning for something is sometimes more interesting that accomplishing it.
Back to top Go down
Havick1988
Team Leader
Team Leader
Havick1988

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Best Served Cold OOC   Best Served Cold OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 3:15 pm

no i agree with that, sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Best Served Cold OOC   Best Served Cold OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 4:47 pm

Cranial comlinks are pretty much off if their turned off.

Basically the DNI switch to turn it on or off would be on an independent circuit of the DNI to control the comlink itself.
Back to top Go down
Paradox
Runner
Runner
Paradox

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2009-12-25

Character sheet
Character Name: Blake
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Best Served Cold OOC   Best Served Cold OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 5:48 pm

SPCOsborne wrote:
this question is directed at havok AKA eisen: Is it my commlink you're trying to hit?

And now another thing to note: If I "turned off" a commlink that is internal and runs parallel to some of my higher neural functions, just how "off" is it? If I had a standard commlink, turned it off, and had it spoofed back on somehow I'd know how to deal with that (take out the batteries). But with my commlink in it's current position (specifically in my head), I'm not too sure.

Anybody know any text that refers to this?

You can probably assume all your cyberware is connected to your commlink by hardwiring, and hence unhackable if you turned off the wireless capability. (Similar to a laptop still able to connect to a wired network even though the wireless card is disabled.) Haven't seen anything about internal commlinks specifically, but there's a section in SR4 Core about wired vs. wireless network as a security measure...
Back to top Go down
taniwhaiti
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Best Served Cold OOC   Best Served Cold OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 10:13 pm

Internal commlinks are different to hand held Commlinks. If you switch it off, it is off unless someone hacks into it via a datajack attached to your head. Commlinks even when switched off await an autherisation code in order to be switched back on. Kind of like a pin number.
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2009-01-28

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Best Served Cold OOC   Best Served Cold OOC - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 7:22 pm

I'm gonna have to drop this game. Start of the semester's hit me pretty hard, and I just don't have enough time for multiple games on the site. Wish you the best of luck with the run, though.
Back to top Go down
SPCOsborne
Meat
Meat
SPCOsborne

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Best Served Cold OOC   Best Served Cold OOC - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 6:44 am

Uh, yeah. I'm still waiting for an answer from the GM about the perception check. I need to know whether or not to include the bonus per person doing the check into my roll or if it's a straight individual roll. I'm ready to go about the business but knowing if I can add a bonus sometimes makes the difference.

That and how many people do we actually have searching the room (it factors in to the end bonus)
Back to top Go down
Havick1988
Team Leader
Team Leader
Havick1988

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Best Served Cold OOC   Best Served Cold OOC - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 9:06 am

youd only get a bonus if they were asisting you in the search, and then it would be the hits that they recieved add to the dice pool. i dont know if anyone declared that they were asisting anyone, so hte GM would probably say its individual. But i dont speak for the gm
Back to top Go down
SPCOsborne
Meat
Meat
SPCOsborne

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Best Served Cold OOC   Best Served Cold OOC - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 11:51 am

I'm going off page 135 lower right corner, 20th anniversary edition, not looking at errata.

From the reading there it doesn't play out the way you say. however it seems the type of test I'm looking for is an OPTIONAL one on part of the gm, so I guess it would be his ruling, but the combined hits method you're suggesting.....I just don't see it here. I'm at work and kinda rushed so that may be a factor but I don't see it at all in the reading.

Anyway, getting rushed, will assume GM isn't taking optional ruling, will roll later.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Best Served Cold OOC   Best Served Cold OOC - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 1:46 pm

Just an FYI but i"ll post when I get home tonight. Been a little preoccupied lately.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Served Cold OOC   Best Served Cold OOC - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Best Served Cold OOC
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next