Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeParliament of Thieves OOC - Page 2 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Parliament of Thieves OOC

Go down 
+3
Ghostmaker
rntrndrw
Stubbspks
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Paradox
Runner
Runner
Paradox

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2009-12-25

Character sheet
Character Name: Blake
Race: Human
Sex: Male

Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves OOC   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 11:46 pm

I'm game, especially since I don't know thing one about pixies. You want me to notice it based on the dice roll or no? (I'm going to start on the followup post.)

Stubbspks wrote:
You probably wouldn't unless you were awakened... it's pretty innate for pixies.
Back to top Go down
Paradox
Runner
Runner
Paradox

Character sheet

PostSubject: Distance question   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 12:35 am

How far away is the dropoff point? Any estimate of how it would take us to get there by direct route?
Back to top Go down
taniwhaiti
Team Leader
Team Leader

Number of posts : 427
Registration date : 2008-12-15

Character sheet
Character Name: Haruki 'Tora' Tokugawa
Race: Elf

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves OOC   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 1:52 am

I think we have enough information from our Johnson. Lets cut him loose and get down to 10 minutes of planning and lets get moving as the time is ticking. I think we should go with the coyotes as they know the area very well. But that is just me.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama

PostSubject: Parliament of Thieves ooc   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 5:51 am

sooo sorry its taking me so long to post im est. and just got up but ill read everybody's post and post in soon sorry for the hold up guys.
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2009-01-28

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves OOC   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 7:10 am

I go to sleep, and wake up to you rushing on ahead.
Back to top Go down
Stubbspks
Team Leader
Team Leader

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2008-12-09

Character sheet
Character Name: Yiska Keme
Race: Dwarf

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves OOC   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 8:01 am

hahaha

Please use a color other than blue, I can't read it easily on the black background :-P
Back to top Go down
http://www.stubbspks.com
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Parliament of Thieves ooc   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 9:16 am

Dude her names Hasty. Expect nothing less.
Back to top Go down
Stubbspks
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves OOC   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 9:45 am

Alright guys, you'll have a quick minute to stop at your places and grab any extra gear you may have forgotten. We'll pretend they all just happen to be along the way Razz Just post in this OOC thread with what gear you're bringing, sound good?
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves OOC   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 10:28 am

See, this is why Iceblade brings all his gear to the meet. Sometimes you have to go on a truncated timetable.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves OOC   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 11:30 am

ok i guess all that planning happens out side or in rout caues we just got booted Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 2 Suspect .
hope you guys are enjoying hasty i do lol also stubbs heres what i grab from the apartment.
We also need to consider who's ridding with whom, or are we taking our own transportation. ill just fly i don't care or i can ride with one of you.

Sash bag with the following stuffed neatly in it.
Securetech PPP stuff armor for arms, legs, and vitals.
Glasses
+Low Light Vision
+Flare Compensation
+Image Link
+Smart link
+Vision Magnification
Ear bud
+ Audio Enhancement (Rating 3)
+ Spatial Recognizer
1x combat Load vest
4x ammo pouch
Housing the following arrowheads and chemicals
10x Narcojet
10x regular
10x Explsoive head arrows +1 Dmg
10x injection heads

Another sash bag smaller with two changes of nice cloths
something hot ill think of it later
school girl track sweats local high school hoody and sweat paints black in her size.

Her crescent blade bow customized bow
a quiver for her arrows thirty slim arrows

is already wearing:
Sustaining Focus (Rating 3) Single crystal Feather necklace.
Contact Lenses
+Vision Enhancement (Rating 3)
+Vision Magnification
form fitting body armor
Back to top Go down
rntrndrw
Meat
Meat
rntrndrw

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-12-19

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves OOC   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 5:20 pm

Bah, just got off work guys... sorry.
Back to top Go down
Paradox
Runner
Runner
Paradox

Character sheet

PostSubject: Online   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 5:29 pm

Hey, guys,

I'm online and posting - just having to do real work in the background. *sigh*

<Blake>
Back to top Go down
rntrndrw
Meat
Meat
rntrndrw

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves OOC   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 5:36 pm

Hey at least you get to post while you work. I have to wait till I get off work, though I could use the office to check in...
Back to top Go down
Paradox
Runner
Runner
Paradox

Character sheet

PostSubject: Would that I were so lucky...   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 7:34 pm

rntrndrw wrote:
Hey at least you get to post while you work. I have to wait till I get off work, though I could use the office to check in...

Heh. I've been wanting to post for 4 hours (checking in at work). Had to come home and do a late night server reinstall - it cut into my concentration on the game!!!!
Back to top Go down
Paradox
Runner
Runner
Paradox

Character sheet

PostSubject: Blake's gear   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 10:50 pm

Hey, stubbsprks,

Because Blake didn't return to his doss, he still has only what he came with:

Durable Clothing
Stun Baton
Fichetti Pain Inducer
2 flash-pak grenades

Depending on how things evolve, I may ask to borrow a firearm from someone later on.

Thanks,
<Blake>
Back to top Go down
rntrndrw
Meat
Meat
rntrndrw

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves OOC   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 11:18 pm

You also bought a bunch of mics right? what are those for?
Back to top Go down
Paradox
Runner
Runner
Paradox

Character sheet

PostSubject: Mics   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 11:31 pm

rntrndrw wrote:
You also bought a bunch of mics right? what are those for?

Black Fox bought 'em. I suspect they're for tactical communication, but I'd rather use our phones. Spygear increases our visibility in a security situation. Cell exposure's minimal, especially if we use rudimentary code or oblique references. "Where you at?" isn't going to trip any programs, and if our phones are compromised, we're starting off in REALLY bad shape. (We didn't even give the numbers to the Johnson.) Paranoia's gotta give way to acceptable risk at some point. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves OOC   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 12:40 am

It'd be really great if people waited for others to react to posts, so that some of us don't get left in the dust.
Back to top Go down
Stubbspks
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves OOC   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 6:33 am

Alright guys, I'm back home for a bit, so I figured I'd throw you a quick update.

The notes from the Johnson say the following:

Stalker - Pueblo-CAS Border

Peaches - CAS-UCAS Border

With a comm code for each.

I know everyone is excited to get the run moving, etc but Mirikon brings up a very good point. The reason we play by post instead of, say, a chatroom is because many of the runners here are busy people IRL and may not be able to post every 3 hours like some of the others.

Giving everyone a fair chance to participate is the only way to make the run fun for everyone Smile

Once you've all decided on what method of crossing the border you'd like to use, I'll post in one more time before the New Year and then I will probably be MIA until 2010! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
taniwhaiti
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves OOC   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 3:05 pm

I bought the subvocal microphones for the team. They are for tactical communication which we will need. They are beyond spywear as they are used in controlled frequency environments. Using phones is time consuming and does not allow for effective and efficient reaction to tactical situations. They are also standard Shadowrunning equipment. They can be found in SR4 pg. 318.

"Subvocal Microphone: Attached with adhesive to the center of the throat, this hard to spot microphone allows the user to communicate via subvocalized speech. A -4 dice modifier is applied to audio Perception Tests to overhear what she is saying."

That takes care of the threat of spywear. I will distribute them at the meet point just before we move off. I suggest we use them. If you wish to wear them then great! If you don't then I won't be communicating with you via anything else. My commlink will be switched to hard stealth during missions.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Parliament of Thieves ooc   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 3:31 pm

yeah ummm? when did i give you the envelope blake. i would not have done that considering i was told to hold it. But ok you should wait to see what people are doing. i would not have given the envelope up after the Johnson handed it to me she feels responsible. And the team put there trust in her. sooo idk do you wanna edit that post before i post or i dont know. no offense. its not like its my package if the team says give it to you i will but you know otherwise you don't have i do.
Back to top Go down
rntrndrw
Meat
Meat
rntrndrw

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves OOC   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 5:20 pm

Bah, hey guys, just got off work and posted my response. I will be out for the night till 01/01/10! Lets bring in the new year with some ridiculous partys!

Happy New Year all of you!
Back to top Go down
Paradox
Runner
Runner
Paradox

Character sheet

PostSubject: A small dose of reality   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 5:54 pm

Hi, guys,

(Time out. Let's talk like flesh-and-blood people here for a second.)

I can see that my character's style doesn't jibe much with everyone else's. I'm fine with that; that's why they call it roleplaying.

But I do try to remember some small bit of reality.

A standard 8.5" envelope is about 30 cm along its long edge. By her own description, Hasty is 40 centimeters tall. I'd argue that she is NOT the right one to carry it, because it's the equivalent of a 6' male carrying a 5'x4' piece of plywood - it would be unwieldly, awkward, heavy, and dangerous. Just my opinion.

I know we're all trying to have fun here. My idea of fun is thinking, not shooting at the first thing that moves. I've had other characters with different motivations, but Blake's all about subtlety. Other people's motivations differ; and we're in the situation where I didn't pick you guys and you didn't pick me. I see this as the team struggling to figure out a leader and a way to interact. This was the first time ever I was attacked by a teammate in front of a Johnson, and the first time a character has felt afraid for his own life by one of his teammates during the run. It's novel and fun for me; I'm not sure if that's the case for everyone else.

Tani: For the multiple envelopes, open up the BUBBLEPAK envelopes and find the correct one. I never said open up the real envelope - that would be extremely stupid and would get us in trouble. Neither I nor Blake try to be stupid on purpose. I thought I made the blinds clear, but maybe something got lost in the translation. If so, I apologize.

Mirikon: Iceblade was left in a corporate compound to be eaten by ghouls and continues to has nightmares. (Yeah, I read the bio.) He has a moderate drinking problem, which Blake might have noticed already. And he walks around with swords strapped to your body. You've also all but said he loves killing. His notoriety has to be greater than 0 (might be as high as 3), and he got a huge chip on his shoulder. Does anyone have any doubt why Blake WANTS to split away from this guy as quickly as possible?

I've been enjoying Shadowrun since I bought 1st Edition in 1987 - yeah, that long. Maybe I've had some particularly imaginative GMs; I may have been one myself a few times. Maybe I overstretched by creating a character that didn't have anything but his skills and his wits - no cyber, no magic, no decking. But like I said - if you guys want me out, I'll bow out, no hard feelings. As it is, this is the first time I go to a meet on a blind date. Smile

Thanks,
Mike - Blake's owner

PS. And I'll continue to role-play Blake to the hilt!
Back to top Go down
taniwhaiti
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves OOC   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 7:31 pm

Hey bro - no outs - we're a team and I think that we are just trying to hammer out the roles like you said. Like you, I sensed that our group needed leadership and responsibility so I stepped up. In my experience, border crossings can get real ugly, really fast and the organisations that patrol and police those borders have some very strong backup. They also have the gear to back up the pounding we will take should we wish to resist. My character has a past in Hong Kong. He doesn't wish to upset the applecart by being taken to task about his past. He is not running away from it, moreso moving forward while catering for a team he now feels responsible for. It is not a case of not wanting and/or needing you as we all need you to be part of the team. Black Fox is not one to be messed about with - he makes an exceptional, totally loyal friend but an enemy I think that nobody should have on their tail. He may or may not start a fight but he will finish it.

I am, like you, a thinking player who likes to 'think' in a game. I do not go in guns blazing but I think first before acting. I have thought this one out and it makes perfect sense to go with the people that 'know' what they are doing. If guns do start blazing, I will make sure that we all survive the aftermath, even putting my own characters life at risk for the team, more so after testing and finding loyalty that is foundationally strong. We are after all 'noob' shadowrunners. I hope this turns into one hell of a campaign where our characters come out with high notoriety and street cred but without the public awarenes as that gets messy.

So bro, we need you. If you wish to share the leadership role then lets do it as I am not a negotiator but in tactical operations I have the goods. So lets get on with it. The ball is in your court bro! Lets do this and earn some high karma - lord knows I need some improvement as I hate making 'super human' characters as they are not 'real' but look forward to developing them the way I wish to. So lets do this as time is wasting!
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Parliament of Thieves ooc   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 9:14 am

Dude i don't want you to leave. i just thought you should have given me the chance to make a move. Not assume i would make it. as you can see hasty is unpredictable that's the way i built her i don't even know what i want her to do most of the time lol. We need thinkers on the team i usually play good solid thinkers. in rpg's. but i wanted to cut loose a little and there you have Hasty. Who is very green but more then willing to throw the mantle of responsibility on. She understands tactics. She's just new that's all.

Which brings me up to her attack on you (by the way you played that out perfectly, could not have asked for a better back and forth.). Sorry dude nothing personal But she's the smallest thing in the room that might give her a small chip. but she did not levitate you into the wall at force 5. She tried to push you a little for and apology, your life was in no danger, demonstrate to you that size means nothing.... and she thought you were mean lol.

however i built her (if you read the bio sorry it sucks) to do just what black fox is asking of her (she dose not have a problem with you nor do i), and low rank pilfering missions but here were are on this mission and i want to finish it play my role.

I think your character idea is great i mean no one ever says how the normal people live in 2071 so kudos to you for having the balls to building one. Lets get this job done together

Ghostmaker AKA Hasty
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves OOC   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Parliament of Thieves OOC
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next