Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeSomething went wrong. OOC - Page 6 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Something went wrong. OOC

Go down 
+4
Mirikon
Fugitive Unknown
Azonalanthious
TheOneBigOne
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Fugitive Unknown
Meat
Meat

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2009-06-25

Something went wrong. OOC - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 9:26 pm

You probobly will eventually assuming the retcon doesn't kill us and the entire universe is demolished in a paradox fueled quantum singularity.

Except this is the 3rd final boss form of the spirit.
Back to top Go down
TheOneBigOne
Runner
Runner
TheOneBigOne

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2009-07-14

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 5:06 am

We will catch the timeline back up to that point eventually. So, yea unless you die in the paradox past, you will get a chance to fight it. For now lets get the backstory going.

I just like to open runs at the climax ending instead of at the beggining. I know I am crazy like that...
Back to top Go down
silverjezz
Meat
Meat
silverjezz

Number of posts : 27

Character sheet
Character Name: Words
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 5:30 am

What a weirdo
Back to top Go down
TheOneBigOne
Runner
Runner
TheOneBigOne

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 6:09 am

Oh I see how it is! You can all stop by the ooc and criticize my storytelling but not post your character actions in game! So that’s how this game is gonna be run eh? Alright that’s it! Run your own story!

J/K but seriously post in game responses so we can get to the meet and get on with the plot.
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2009-01-28

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 11:52 am

But unless the group is railroaded into the situation, don't you risk the fact that we might not end up there at all?
Back to top Go down
TheOneBigOne
Runner
Runner
TheOneBigOne

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 11:56 am

Have a little faith... this aint my first rodeo.
Back to top Go down
TheOneBigOne
Runner
Runner
TheOneBigOne

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 12:02 pm

If worst comes to worst, and it looks like we will never get there, I will just flash forward again to the scene. You will note that I have not placed a discernable time on the flashback, so we have a lot of wiggle room, and yes I fully expect your characters to be more powerful when we flash forward.
Back to top Go down
TheOneBigOne
Runner
Runner
TheOneBigOne

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 12:54 pm

Speaking of the subject of karma, I have always done things a little different from what I see most GM's do with awarding karma: YOU tell ME what you think is reasonable and why for the other players (not yourself). Then you tell me what you think YOU deserve from the nominations of the group. Then I award what I agree with and don't award what I disagree with. I find that this helps to remind me of circumstances I may have forgotten or areas where that player outshined others. Oh, and only one player generally can get a Personal award. For example if I got the roleplaying award typically nobody else would but I could also get another award. Some awards are available for the whole group.

Areas where I award ONE character karma as a prize: (or personal awards)

Roleplaying, should be pretty obvious

Humor, again pretty obvious

Guts, did this character do something that is heroic even for that character, Example: the mage willingly goes into an area that is void of mana to save the decker or Sammy in a hail of gunfire.

Honesty, I make mistakes. Sometimes in your favor, sometimes against, if I make a mistake in your favor and you speak up and correct a mistake that would have benefited you, you get this karma award

Motivation, This player/character helped to drive the storyline and keep us on track, or driven us on a different, but good story based on that characters background

Dialogue, not just idle chat but meaningful story that helps define that character (yes this is kind of tied into the roleplaying award)

Leadership, fairly obvious but was he a good leader? (and just having the skill does not count)

Best rolls, well they get this for dumb luck, did they have the crucial lucky roll that helped the whole team? Or one incredible roll that just made everyone take notice?

Consistency, is that character the same figure that his background describes? (and yes as the game goes on I will accept some growth and change of character. But is it consistent with the story and events he has gone through) I am looking to avoid having a character that is described as a pacifist that always shoots first.

Most deserved of a point, this award goes to a character that might have done something that does not fall into another category but still deserves a point of karma for it.

Strategy, if they come up with a really good strategy that turns out to be effective (or really should have worked if it weren’t for that pesky GM)

Smarts, if there is a puzzle, or problem, or trap, that needs to be solved and they come up with the solution, they qualify

Skills, did this character have the best skill set for the job and really use them when it was critical? They should get this award

Areas where I award MORE than one character: (or group awards)

Survival, if you live to the awards ceremony you usually qualify

Objectives, Ok this one is hard for you to plead for since you generally don’t know the hidden objectives I have laid out, but nonetheless if it becomes obvious you can try for this point

Threat, the more nastiness that you face the bigger award this can be, if instead you chose to run and hide, well… no soup for you!

Teamwork, if you’re not too busy burying your knifes into each other’s backs you can get this pretty easily. With really good teamwork you might even score a double award on this one.

So this seems like a good time to start an award ceremony! And the nominees are:

insert your posts here Smile
Back to top Go down
Azonalanthious
Team Leader
Team Leader
Azonalanthious

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 3:56 pm

I think the reason we're being quiet is we aren't really sure what you are looking from us for a post - just something where we are heading to the meet? I know that's the case with me at least.

As for "The Karmies" hmm...

Miri:
Honesty - he double checked on those initative rolls.
Strategy - he at least got to the exit, even if he didn't get out it.

Fugitive:
Skils - Cleanse is/was a godsend.
Most Deserving of a Point - controling that spirit - nice.

Silver:
Humor - "I should at least attempt something heroic, but I don't have a clue how" cracked me up, even if it was out of character.

Self:
Consistance - Odin's playing/feeling pretty much just like I picutred him so far.
Back to top Go down
TheOneBigOne
Runner
Runner
TheOneBigOne

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 4:34 pm

I just wanted to allow time for people to post whatever pre-meet stuff they want to take care of. I can fast forward to the meet itself if thats what everyone wants.
Back to top Go down
Fugitive Unknown
Meat
Meat

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 8:26 pm

Probobly a good idea. I don't think we have anything in particular we have to do.
Back to top Go down
TheOneBigOne
Runner
Runner
TheOneBigOne

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 9:35 pm

BE SURE TO POST OOC YOUR NOMINATIONS FOR KARMA AWARDS - I wont give out karma till I have everyones vote
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 10:52 pm

Humor - Silver, for his desperate wish to do something, anything.

Honesty - I'll put forward my name, for the reasons Azzy mentioned.

Dialogue - Azzy, for the crazy norse guy.

Consistency - Too early to tell. We haven't seen much of our characters in action to compare them by.

Most deserved of a point - Fugitive. Mind controlling a spirit? Gutsy move, even if it didn't work so well.

Strategy - Me. There's a reason my characters always carry Gecko Tape Gloves.

Skills - Fugitive. Hooray for Cleanse!
Back to top Go down
Fugitive Unknown
Meat
Meat

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 12:43 am

Humor - Silver for reasons already discussed.

Honesty - Miri for the initiative thing.

Strategy - Getting out was probobly the wisest thing Miri could have done. I was debating shapeshifting and flying out - except I can't see in the freaking dark if I do that.

Dialogue - By Odin's beard, Az deserves a place in Valhalla for his fierce warcry!

Consistency - We've had a single scene that was pure combat. Can't do it yet. I've a feeling Az is going to pick it up.

Most deserved of a point - Az for taking a spirit on hand to hand, that's hard core.

Skills - Myself. Cleanse FTW, even if we were now dealing with a force 6 spirit.
Back to top Go down
silverjezz
Meat
Meat
silverjezz

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 2:49 pm

To tell the truth I don't know about most of those categories yet, but i will keep an eye out
Back to top Go down
TheOneBigOne
Runner
Runner
TheOneBigOne

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 3:06 pm

Silver: just read my entries on page 9 and nominate which player deserves which award. In case you missed it I took the liberty of sending you a PM with the awards.
Back to top Go down
silverjezz
Meat
Meat
silverjezz

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 4:22 pm

Well It was ballsy for Az to go hand to hand with a spirit, So guts point

"Enough spirit! YOU ARE MINE!!!!! Spirit, Body and Mind..... you are a thing of energy - without true form, without true will - a thing. Let thy chaotic acidity - thine thoughts, thine power... be bound by my hand... by my power... and above all, by my WILL."

Some good Dialogue by Fugitive

and I have to give Miri the smarts or strategy point for the climb
Back to top Go down
silverjezz
Meat
Meat
silverjezz

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 4:24 pm

I have two agents I could send one with a few programs to locate any info about these thieves on the trix

Im thinking

Browse 5
Spoof 5
Stealth 5
Track 5
Back to top Go down
TheOneBigOne
Runner
Runner
TheOneBigOne

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 4:27 pm

Is there anywhere in particular you want to search; or just send em out to see what comes back?
Back to top Go down
TheOneBigOne
Runner
Runner
TheOneBigOne

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 4:42 pm

The Nominations are in and the karma awards go to:

Azo: 1 point for Guts, 2 points for Dialogue, + team awards = 7

Miri: 2 points for Strategy, 1 point for Honesty + team awards = 7

Fug: 2 points for skills, 1 point for Most deserved of a point + team awards= 7

Silv: 2 points for Humor + team awards= 6

Team awards:

Survival 1 point
Threat 2 points (even though you increased the threat on yourselves)
Teamwork 1 point some of your characters DID try to pick up downed NPC’s

(This time the awards were pretty evenly distributed but do not always expect that to be the case. After all you are all competing for the same awards! Also many of the categories had no nominees, what’s up with that?)
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 5:04 pm

A lot of the categories, its just too soon to tell. Especially things like consistency. This is the first part of the first run. We gotta get a feel for how our characters mesh, and how the other guys work.
Back to top Go down
silverjezz
Meat
Meat
silverjezz

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 5:39 pm

I'm gonna send both agents out into the vast sea of knowledge and pron that is the trix, but I want him to do more then just a general data search, also include a picture of Mr. Johnson. no reason not to do some leg work on this guy too

Agent 5
Exploit 5
Browse 5
Spoof 5
Stealth 5
Armor 5

then I'm gonna call Joe, a local beat cop
Connection 2 Loyalty 1
see if he knows the Perps
or if he can run the photos for ID

I will offer a little cred and if we take them down
he will be the first to know where to be to make the arrest
Back to top Go down
TheOneBigOne
Runner
Runner
TheOneBigOne

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 7:25 pm

Ok below is a spoiler! When you are ready to leave look at it.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Fugitive Unknown
Meat
Meat

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 8:20 pm

Last edited by Fugitive Unknown on Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wait, no, that was the BATES motel.)
Back to top Go down
TheOneBigOne
Runner
Runner
TheOneBigOne

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 8:25 pm

Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Something went wrong. OOC
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next