Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeSomething went wrong. OOC SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Something went wrong. OOC

Go down 
+4
Mirikon
Fugitive Unknown
Azonalanthious
TheOneBigOne
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
TheOneBigOne
Runner
Runner
TheOneBigOne

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2009-07-14

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

Something went wrong. OOC Empty
PostSubject: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 2:09 am

Greetings players and fellow GM's my game is open to anyone that would like to participate. I hope to check it daily, but life does interrupt. I am not a rule Nazi, I like to run my games like a Hollywood movie. If something you want to do sounds like it comes from a bad John Woo movie I encourage it. But... and this is a big but, have a reason why. No using grenades to open the supermarket door when you can just walk in. (but if there are guards behind that door and its after hours... may I suggest C12) I have no problem striking a balance between OP international runner characters and street ganger level runners.

I have plans for the direction of this run but you will find I am extremely flexible and try to tailor the story to the players involved tastes. We will see how and which direction the story goes. Oh and expect to have some flashbacks to fill in what happened.

About ME: (and make no mistake it is always all about me)
I have played with gamers in multiple conventions (both paid and unpaid) and for several decades with a steady group of players IRL but alas... I moved away and lost my group. Which brings me here today.

GM - Nick Scratch
Back to top Go down
TheOneBigOne
Runner
Runner
TheOneBigOne

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 9:32 am

Rolling Eyes I have seen some views and no posts as of yet. Hopefully that's not a bad sign. If you have taken a look and feel this game is not right for you lemme know why. Maybe I can alter my presentation to gather more interest. If you do want to play post up! You can start here or in the IC post. (Don't tell me your afraid of some rats?) Razz
Back to top Go down
Azonalanthious
Team Leader
Team Leader
Azonalanthious

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 10:00 am

You might want to put a post in the help wanted thread, which is where games are typically announced. They usually don't a setup thread here until they have a compliment of players. That being said, I'll probably be interested. I'll see about dropping your a character later today.
Back to top Go down
Fugitive Unknown
Meat
Meat

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2009-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 10:28 am

I'd be interested in joining up.

I'd play anything BUT a rigger.
Back to top Go down
TheOneBigOne
Runner
Runner
TheOneBigOne

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 11:48 am

I would reccomend you play a character you enjoy and are familiar with. I can fill in the gaps in the team with NPCs.
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2009-01-28

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 12:51 pm

I'll play. I've got a combat mage and a street sammy on tap, or I've got an idea for an AI Hacker/rigger.

Standard 400 bp builds?
Back to top Go down
TheOneBigOne
Runner
Runner
TheOneBigOne

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 1:10 pm

I am not picky about characters. If you want an older more karma character that has been around thats fine. I scale the runs to the groups levels. Example: if everyone is low level you might run into gangers with bats. If instead you are all high level you will run into cyberzombies, dracoforms, and elite shock troops.
So keep that in mind when selecting your characters for my games.
Back to top Go down
Azonalanthious
Team Leader
Team Leader
Azonalanthious

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 1:32 pm

Hmm... in that case, anyone other then me want to start at reasonable levels of karma? I had a 3rd ed game I played in a few years back where everyone played an 'elite' opertative and started with 200 extra karma at character creation that was a lot of fun. And it would give us a chance to play around with some things like initiation/submission that don't show up in online games too often.
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 2:41 pm

I like the idea of starting out with a standard 400 bp build, with an extra 100-150 karma at chargen, and an extra 100K nuyen to spend. Allows people to play with Initiation and Submersion, get some higher end ware, or diversify their skills. We could all be seasoned runners, who could have all worked together before, though maybe not all at once.
Back to top Go down
Azonalanthious
Team Leader
Team Leader
Azonalanthious

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 4:13 pm

Sounds good to me. Lets split the difference and say 125 karma, 100,000y, and avaliablity of 18 rather then 12? That work for everyone?
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 5:32 pm

That's beautiful for me. I'll start work on a combat mage.
Back to top Go down
Azonalanthious
Team Leader
Team Leader
Azonalanthious

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 7:10 pm

Alrighty - I'm putting together a gunslinger (well, knifeslinger) adept.
Back to top Go down
silverjezz
Meat
Meat
silverjezz

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2009-06-25

Character sheet
Character Name: Words
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 7:22 pm

I would like to bring in Secure but i need to adjust him
he was built on a 430 point build maybe some neg Quals

I warn you I am still relitivly new to shadow run but love to play
but please tell me what city this is so i can make some knowledge adjustments too
Back to top Go down
Azonalanthious
Team Leader
Team Leader
Azonalanthious

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 7:27 pm

Strike my last - as I started to play with things... I'm definately going with a troll adept.
Back to top Go down
TheOneBigOne
Runner
Runner
TheOneBigOne

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 7:37 pm

I generally run Seattle but don't plan on staying anywhere too long. Even the best runners need to skip town to avoid the heat from time to time.

As for extra karma and Nuyen, it sounds fine to me. But remember the more jacked up sammies with move by wire I see the harder things get for the team.
Back to top Go down
Azonalanthious
Team Leader
Team Leader
Azonalanthious

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 7:52 pm

Narry a wire in sight for Baldur, moving or otherwise. Though I do plan on carring a couple of doses of K-10, just in case things REALLY hit the fan.
Back to top Go down
TheOneBigOne
Runner
Runner
TheOneBigOne

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 4:32 am

Ok for your consideration: Blank PDF character sheets I have hosted for you @: http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/view.php?id=1261674&da=y

You can login to the account to post your filled in char sheets the HOSTNAME/LOGIN for keepandshare (case sensitive) = theonebigone / and the password = login1
You can save the PDF to your own computer and keep it for yourself.
Call me oldschool but I like a character sheet that's familiar.

P.S. I don't expect you to post this way nor do I require it. But I do like it and maybe I might give an extra karma award for properly filled out PDF char sheets

GM - Nick Scratch
Back to top Go down
Azonalanthious
Team Leader
Team Leader
Azonalanthious

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 6:46 am

Can I get a quick ruling on attribute boost adept power? It doesn't list an action type to use it - to me this says that it is something that doesn't take an action, like walking or talking. But I've seen others run it as requiring a free action to use. I'm fine with either way, but the answer will change my build slightly.
Back to top Go down
TheOneBigOne
Runner
Runner
TheOneBigOne

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 7:02 am

I view it the same way I view the adrenal pump it's something that you trigger and lasts for a time. No real action is required to activate it but you have to announce at the start of the turn that it is on or off.
Back to top Go down
TheOneBigOne
Runner
Runner
TheOneBigOne

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 9:59 am

It looks like we have a core group to start with. Post your characters and lets get the ball rolling on the story! bounce
Back to top Go down
Azonalanthious
Team Leader
Team Leader
Azonalanthious

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 10:02 am

Working on it. Though I changed my character's handle from Baldur to Odin. He should be fun though.
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 10:12 am

Yeah, the sheet you posted is a bit buggy, especially in the area of letting you type in skills. Won't allow me to type more than three characters in the knowledge or language skill areas. So I'll just type it up like normal, or if you don't want that, I can go over to Mythweavers, and use their sheet.
Back to top Go down
Azonalanthious
Team Leader
Team Leader
Azonalanthious

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 10:16 am

Don't suppose anyone wants to bump the build point total up to 435 so I don't have to figure out how to shave the extra 35 points I've got off my character, hmm? *whistles innocently*
Back to top Go down
TheOneBigOne
Runner
Runner
TheOneBigOne

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 10:32 am

You guys can post your characters however you want. I only played with that PDF sheet a little sorry if it was bugged.

As for the 35 points over... Negative Qualities make a character interesting
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 11:07 am

TheOneBigOne wrote:
As for the 35 points over... Negative Qualities make a character interesting

Agreed. I've always found that its a character's flaws that make them more compelling than their abilities.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC Empty

Back to top Go down

Something went wrong. OOC
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next