Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeIt's Only Nuyen IC - Page 4 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

It's Only Nuyen IC

Go down 
+4
Ghostmaker
Mikel Amroni
Yogismith
Tani
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Tani
Runner
Runner

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2013-07-06

It's Only Nuyen IC - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen IC   It's Only Nuyen IC - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 3:14 pm

It isn't long before you receive a message from Johhny White-walker

TO: Silk

<< Begin Message >>

Complications, yes, I agree! I was 'made' aware of the lag in time. I heard about the KE 'party' so I let Annie know about you all. She is the best and has long advocated for the rights of Shadowrunners. She was one once but law was always her passion. We both agree that KE got the wrong people and I told her about the nuyen shortage. She often helps newbie Shadowrunners for free. If she has a job I would take it. You are unknowns and nobody is banging down the doors to offer you jobs. She never mentioned a job to me though but then she moves in many more circles than me. It's a good in-between time job but it's your call. My 'ethics' won't allow me to charge you for her job. Lol!

I did some searching on the Chink. He seems legit. Your call if you want him to join you. He has some fight in him and is a 'recent' entrant in some cagefighting competitions. The Yak seem to think he rolled on them while inside with you guys after he was entered into a strictly 'Yak' cagefight tournament. The Yak run them between factions to settle old scores or for a bit of fun. Some Yak factions have taken to 'best for the job' as opposed to keeping it strictly 'Nippon'.

I have sent through a 1,000 nuyen for each of you - feeling bad about the lost time and nuyen with the first job. Work it as you guys are gonna make me a very rich White-walker.

JW

<< End Message >>

Last edited by Tani on Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tani
Runner
Runner

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen IC   It's Only Nuyen IC - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 3:48 pm

Silks' commlink beeps with two new messages.

<< Begin Message >>

Pinched by KE? Whoa! You haven't made the News or the chat rooms. Must be small timers.

Your dame in shining armour is Annie Goldsmith, lawyer extraordinaire and Shadowrunner saviour. She is well known to most of us. She is fairly busy and has a two week waiting list. How did you manage that? Got some pull huh??

Will look into your ID problem! Gonna cost yah though Chummer!

Sorry - got no data on the Chinese friend you have!

You've owed me one for ever! Lol!

<< End Message >>

<< Begin Message >>

Whoa! What did you do right? KE? Hahahaha! Nice one!

I know nothing about Annie Gold. Lawyer huh? Didn't think you dated that sort!

I'll sort out the ID scare and I can't help you with the Chinee guy! Usual time and place or shall I seagull it to you?

Jose

<< End Message >>
Back to top Go down
Tani
Runner
Runner

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen IC   It's Only Nuyen IC - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 1:36 am

OCC: Please post in and keep the run moving! Thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
Mikel Amroni
Runner
Runner
Mikel Amroni

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2012-07-10

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen IC   It's Only Nuyen IC - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 3:54 am

Rolls here: http://www.shadowrunonlinepbp.com/t1042p15-it-s-only-nuyen-dice-rolling-thread#32004

Ghostmaker wrote:
Lastly pings his COM code to D-Man and says "ok little guy hit me up for planning or what ever we should all meet before the delivery date... Soka chummers see ya's around"
Darkon wrote:
"A-and now?" The redhead asked, looking around. "Um... at least we don't have to rush things, right?" She got her comlink from a pocket and quickly beamed her comcode over to Dman. "I guess we're a team now. Right?" She asked with a shy but bright smile. "We should keep in contact now."
"There's a good girl." The dwarf nods to everyone, but addresses Dirk.. "You got it, I'll gather everyone a week before for a meet, greet, recon, and planning session."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

D-Man's answers are very succinct. "I have no recollection of these events Officer." "I was no where near that location Officer." and "I don't know anything about any of this, Officer." The loss of his UCAS SIN weighs on the dwarf's mind. Part of him wants to dive right into the KE node right here and now, but he decides that would be too obvious. He's no registered technomancer, but there's no need in tipping his hat. His lack of a cyberdeck actually helps reinforce his part-time job as a coder for hire. When asked about the fake SIN, he shrugs. "My immigration papers got lost in the Crash. I've had to resort to the black market so I could go rent a movie. I just do security coding for a couple of start ups and kids who want their own customized WallSpace sites. It isn't good work, but it pays the bills." It was all true too.

In the jail cell, D-Man doesn't acknowledge anyone except the lawyer when she enters. When she mentions their "UCAS rights" D-man snorts audibly, the first real noise he's made the entire time. If anyone asks him about it, he shrugs. "Something tickled my nose. Dust or something." Not, of course, the amusement at his very real lack of UCAS rights.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To the lawyer, he nods. "I'll be there."
When the issue of the martial artist comes up, D-Man snorts. "Not a one of us know the other, aside from perhaps one chance meeting or another. I'll run your credentials anyway. Name's D-Man. You can talk to the White Walker or C-Money over in Pullyaup if you need references for me."

Only when outside the KE area, does he compose a few messages,

JWW,
    KE picked us up. Had some legal eagle BS us out. I assume that was your doing? Thanks.
    I am going to need a good line on a new SIN though, a good one. They burned my other one in there. Left the licenses, but let's face it, without the SIN, they're useless anyway. Unless some KE Johnson is about to offer us a counter-offer on our previous job. You might want to ask around on that. Might be the very real possibility of us getting paid twice on this, and of course double your commission.
    Oh yeah, see what you can find on a guy named Specter. Works for some guy named Kuon Hyu, or something like it. Sounded Chinese or Korean maybe. It's not Japanese, that much I can tell ya.
    -D

(OOC: 3 hits on Swag to find a line on a new SIN, p. 388)

C-Money,
    Yo wattup my brotha from another culture. Hope everything's Null Sheen for you. Got a couple things I need, and a couple things I can offer. My offering first: A truckload of commlinks went missing, and the KEystone cops think I had a hand in it for some idiotic reason. Dunno who took it, I know I didn't, but I'd stay away from it. They also sprung a trio of teens. One might have links to the Ancients, so be careful. That's my number one for who took it. Got 150 nuyen attached as a finder's fee for anything you find on the kids. I got more if you find anything "good" for me.
    -D

(OOC: 2 hits on Legwork about the kids)

Z,
    Hola mi Tio, (translation: Hello, my Uncle)
    Como estas? (translation: How are you?) Good I hope. Got something I want you to ask around about. Knight Errant lost a truckload of stolen commlinks and three teenagers with ties to the Ancients and some other criminal elements around the Megaplex. First, stay the hell away from any deals to move either commodity, and second, if you find anything out, pass it to me. I got pinched by the Errant Knights, and they burned Damien King. I'm out thanks to "Imaginary" Annie Goldsmith, Invisible Esquire. I think White-Walker sent her our way. I got a team I'm supposed to do a run with. Johnson put it together. I think I have the most real world experience, and given how much I don't know, that scares the hell out of me.
    -D

(OOC: 2 Hits on Legwork for info on the kids or the commlinks; Also warning Uncle away from the deal if he's offered it)
After this, he begins searching for news stories. In the meantime, he's quiet and doesn't say or offer much.

D-man tries to find the local GOD or demiGOD or their agents (1 hit, no glitch), and hope he notices them before they notice him. He threads a basic static veil, and uses it to hide his searches. Nothing important, but at least this requires fewer questions.

Static Veil: Software 1 + Resonance 6 = 7 dice: To hide self and my searches from the local demiGOD: level 1 (2 hits; not a glitch - barely; will work for the public grid; Limit=1); Sustained via Focused Concentration Rtg 1

He also pulls the public profiles of the first of the three prisoners lost this morning. (2 hits, no glitch); Public profiles of the second of the three prisoners lost this morning. (1 hit, no glitch); Public Profiles of the third of the three prisoners lost this morning. (2 hits, no glitch).
He also looks for any news information on the van, its contents, or the kids (3 hits, no glitch)
Back to top Go down
Tani
Runner
Runner

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen IC   It's Only Nuyen IC - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 6:18 pm

Even by your standards, Banshee is not a nice place. If it wasn’t evident enough from the rundown facade of the building (consisting of crumbling twentieth-century wood and brick) and the blinking red neon sign slowly dying away to the last phosphor, the state of things would be made clear by the guy who comes crashing out the batwing doors as you’re attempting to wander in. Not running, but thrown, he crashes to the ground and rolls. He’s a brown-haired Anglo norm in a synthleather jacket, with snot and puke crusting his chin, whiskey staining his shirt collar, and a hell of a shiner.

It's Only Nuyen IC - Page 4 Drunk
Drunk

“And this time remember to stay out,” shouts the pissed-off ork bouncer, dusting off his hands (one of which is cybernetic).

It's Only Nuyen IC - Page 4 TrollBouncer
Ork Bouncer

Then his red-eyed gaze turns to you. He points to a peeling paper sign on the brick wall just inside the door that reads NO WEAPONS in jagged capitals (the Defiance T-250 leaning on the wall below it is apparently an exception), and then extends a metal mesh basket where you can deposit yours. From inside you can hear the wailing of orxploitation-influenced nu-metal from a sound system that sounds suspiciously like a busted jukebox, rising above the tumult of clinking glasses, raucous conversation, and at least one bar fight about to break out. Your nose detects a unique mélange of stale whiskey, spilled beer, sawdust, and sour sweat. Handing over your most obvious weapons to the bouncer, you scan the place for Mr. Johnson, hoping you can find him before someone puts him—or you—in a body bag.

All in all, it’s just a typical night in the Redmond Barrens.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Number of posts : 1442
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Character sheet
Character Name: (0d3\/\/R3(|{
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen IC   It's Only Nuyen IC - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 6:49 pm

Silk never liked going unarmed in the Barrens. It just wasn't a good idea. Then again, he was never really "unarmed." Looking the ork in the eye, Silk decided he was better off complying than attempting to hid his sidearm. Sure, his lined coat mostly covered the bulge, and the slimline holster he had helped a bit more, but there was no one he was likely to get around a pat down.

Take good care of her chummer. I've grown attached to her, and I don't know what I'd do if something happened to her. His tone was light and joking. Like he was talking to a good friend who had every intention of protecting Betty, his old-man's RS Warhawk. All Silk had left of him except his mother's stories and brother's curses.

He enters the Banshee. Bean Sidhe. Bean Sith. Well, it was certainly load enough between the drums, base and screaming lyrics to have earned it's name. I just hope that's where the comparison ends...

He scans the crowd for familiar faces and auras from a place near the bar. The bar was a seething mass of bodies almost as dense and complicated to maneuver as the "pit" in front of the stage, but it seemed an infinitely safer place to observe the room from in comparison.
Back to top Go down
Tani
Runner
Runner

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen IC   It's Only Nuyen IC - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 7:57 pm

Any weapons handed over are replaced with a plastic chit. Upon leaving you may use the chit to get your weapons back.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen IC   It's Only Nuyen IC - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 5:04 am

Scoping the crowd, Silk doesn't recognize anyone he knows, but he does see a slot who, in this crowd, is a calm bay in a sea of rage. Silk decides to take a chance and approaches the, what on the physical plan, is a Korean man with a thin mustache. His gleaming data-jack catches the strobing lights like a bacteria infected snail tentacle.

You Mr. J? I heard from Mz Goldsmith that you needed some help with a delicate situation.
Back to top Go down
scawire
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
scawire

Number of posts : 612
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Character sheet
Character Name: Night Fist
Race: Ork
Sex: M

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen IC   It's Only Nuyen IC - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 12:34 pm

Specter decides he has a few back-up skills to help him when he can't use his side arm so he hands over his Browning Ultra Power and a smoke grenade. Well if I have to hand over my side arm most of the other people in the club will be in the same boat. This night might not turn south but best keep any eye open for anything hostile. Specter walks into the bar still sporting a black eye, maybe that will keep the orks and trolls from starting something, unless the liquid courage their drinking over come there senses too much.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen IC   It's Only Nuyen IC - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 2:51 pm

It all happened so fast! One minute she sat in a cell, the next, she drank tea with a lawyer and got invited to another meet with another Johnson.

Wow. I'm really sought today. But the lawyer was right. She owed her. Least Robyn could do was to show up at the meet.

For a girl, and even more for an elf, Robyn had never been one for pretty clothes and makeup. And thus her looks were all natural, albeit quite charming. She had set her jumpsuit to display patterns in red and green. Nothing glaring, but she was going out, wasn't she? Thus the young elf girl wanted to look the part at least.

The bouncer eyed her suspiciously. ”Kindergarten is around the corner.” He scoffed at her.
Her reaction was a healthy blush. As usually. But she composed herself quickly. Looking this young had some disadvantages. ”School's out.” Was her reply. She had seen the guest before her give up his firearms and knew what to do. Robyn slowly drew her Ares Light Fire and put it into the basket.

Again, the bouncer scoffed. ”Cute toy, kiddo. It isn't my business, but I gotta li'l girl like you at home. You sure you wanna get in there? Those guys play rough. Real rough.”

Robyn looked at him with determination. ”I can look out for myself. B-but if you are so concerned, you could give me back my gun?” Not that she would necessarily need it. She had other ways of protecting herself.

”Nah. Rules are rules. It's your funeral sweet meat.” He tossed a plastic chit at her which she caught effortlessly.

Robyn entered the Banshee. She had set her PAN invisible, but told it to scan for the com number the lawyer had scribbled on that card. Gosh, I'm so glad I got it back. I wouldn't be able to buy a new one. Stupid cops. I haven't even done anything wrong... yet. That thought almost let her giggle.

For a moment, the young shamaness thought she had seen Silk in the crowd. Acting on a hunch, she  started to make her way into that direction. ”Um... h-ey there.” She almost bumped into some drunk ork. But evaded the collission, turning on the palm of her foot, only to nearly topple over some dwarf with a beer in each hand. "Eep... ack sorry!"
Back to top Go down
Tani
Runner
Runner

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen IC   It's Only Nuyen IC - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 3:01 am

Nearly everyone in Banshee is scum looking for a tussle: street survivors, mscle, enforcers, wannabe runners, and plenty of gangers. Both the Mountain Bloods and the 162s are here in numbers, and while not currently at war with each other, they are keeping well to their own in corners.

Following Silks lead, you walk over to a large table. Silk is talking to a thin, somewhat greasy looking male human, with a pencil-thin mustache and a comb over. He's wearing a lined coat in a dull crimson clour over a black business-casual dress shirt and white tie, and has a gleaming datajack on his temple but no other obvious augmentations or weapons. He seems to recognise you as you come closer to the table and waves the rest of you over.

It's Only Nuyen IC - Page 4 PencilSketch-KoreanMan
Korean Johnson

He introduces himself as Mr. Johnson when you sit and then a strung-out ork barmaid, half comatose from the derms of bliss on her arm, comes over to slurringly take your drink orders (Mr. Johnson is half-heartedly nursing a 7 and 7).

Mr. Johnson suggests (sarcastically) that having sampled enough of the place's delectable ambience, you get down to business. He leans forward and lowers his voice.

"This is a very simple piece of work that I'm sure is well within your capabilities. The only catch is that it has to be done in a very short timeframe. I need an item retrieved from a nearby business and brought back here. Security should be minimal, with no need for overt violence, although I'll be honest, " he smiles less than charmingly, "I really don't care at all what you do to get it. The pay is (1,000 nuyen times the number of runners) for your group to split up as you see fit. If you agree, I'll tell you where you're going and what you're looking for."
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen IC   It's Only Nuyen IC - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 10:36 am

Dirk holding cell:

The lawyer chica was hot but dirk was cool about it he never even looked at her wrong but he did figure she had been paid already or else why help him hell why help any of them not one to look a gift horse in the mouth Dirk was happy be out of that cell and he followed and listened smiling at the officers as he left…

Dirk Soybucks:

Dirk listened to the lawyer talk answering none of the questions in his head swirling about He started to speak up and ask one of the most prominent ones who was the Chinese guy when he noticed him there. But the lawyer left not without leaving a token a Job offer it seemed About this time the china men spoke up giving like his whole Id pretty lame Dirk liked his name though He did not bother checking his cover Dirk was not use to too many people putting one over on him his arrogance perhaps his only Achilles heel as far as he was concerned anyway… Silk got up and left shortly after the lawyer he seemed perturbed Dirk hollered after him “Oui silky smooth if you think O’ something gimmie a ring…”

Slip Stream Banshee:

Slip Stream moved up to the bouncer nice and easy pulling out his stun baton and handing it over then he pulled out his telescoping staff and handed it over “All good” he exclaimed and he strolled into the putrid Club…

Some of the faces here were familiar to Slip Stream he’d see them at the low level races betting he hoped none of t hem noticed him as his last race did not go off to well the rest were obvious scum buckets and he paid them no mind like the pictures you love so much that you hang them on the wall never to look at them again A few faces were worth noticing he’s former cell mates were her even the Chinese guy what was his name again never mind he strolled up to the J’s table and took a seat nodded to those he kinda knew and bowed to the Chinese guy nudging Slik he whispered “That’s what they do right Bow” lastly he looked at the Johnson and bowed again saying “Mr. J nice to meet ya slip stream” He listened to the pitch and all he could think was how weird is all of this things were moving real fast but Dirk/Slip Stream liked things to go fast and he was perfectly happy with the pace thought nothing of it in fact… But before he accepted he thought however he should let one of the more mouthy runners do that haggle thing, that he liked to watch so much……
Back to top Go down
scawire
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
scawire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen IC   It's Only Nuyen IC - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 2:04 pm

Specter bows at his fellow runner then to the Johnson. Specter takes a seat and decides not to order a drink. This place looks like you will get something extra you don't want in your drink. odds are I'm wrong but I best keep a clean head anyways. The Johnson makes his offer and not being a talker Specter sits back in his seat and waits to see if one of these other guys have any negotiation skills, if not 1k will get him a bit of his rent payed and since his fight was cut short at the underground cage he needed some more nuyen.

As Specter waits to see what skill the team has he rums the inside of his left wrist where he has two nano tattoos making up a yin yang. Specter can't help but be thankful that Master Hu gave him and his best friend Taz some gifts when they left the hidden temple to explore the world. It had been fun at the temple learning skills that he would hopefully get to put to use in this up coming run. Specter and Taz had both signed up for the decking training the temple had but Taz was pulled more towards medicine and Specter to exploring hand to hand combat. The two would always be friend and there for each other no mater what happened.
Back to top Go down
Tani
Runner
Runner

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen IC   It's Only Nuyen IC - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 1:22 am

Mr. Johnson looks around at the group and says:

"So are you in or out?"
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen IC   It's Only Nuyen IC - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 6:47 am

Silk looks around at his group. Some faces hadn't made it after the coffee shop. Especially that smooth talker that had rammed a rod up the last Johnson's hoop.

Sir, we owe Mz Goldsmith a debt. She has requested we take this job, therefore we will help you. That being said, we've recently had a setback due to our last Johnson, and unless this job is in the Barrens, that pay won't even cover our costs to do the job. If it is here, then it would go along way toward increasing moral if you were to... say... offer a bonus for early completion of the contract.

He looks the Johnson in the eye with as much sincerity as he can. His good looks have usually gotten him by just fine with the ladies, but this was a bit out of his element.

Back to top Go down
Yogismith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Yogismith

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2012-07-09

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen IC   It's Only Nuyen IC - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 9:51 am

Slip Stream Banshee:

Eve sat with the others as the Johnson gave them a job offer. It wasn't much but at this point they didn't have much choice in what they did. Having just been sprung from jail and having next to nothing to work with they were in a jam. Lets just hope this J doesn;t screw us over like the lady Johnson did. She thought. Now that the lady Johnson was on her mind again Eve started thinking about how they could find out exactly who she was and maybe extract a little payback.

She listened as Silk talked to the Johnson. She hoped the Elf's was a smooth talker. If not this was sure to be a low paying job.
Back to top Go down
scawire
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
scawire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen IC   It's Only Nuyen IC - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 4:22 pm

Specter sits back in his chair wearing his black bottomed and blue topped jumpsuit. Lets see how our talker does then I really need the nuyen since the yaks got raided I don't get any coin out of them. I don't think they much cared for me anyways. I feel they where doing their best to stack the fight against me from the first place. At least I learned a few tricks at the Temple or there would be no way I would be sitting here right now to get this 1k coming my way. Specter keeps chewing on his gum trying to juice out all the flavor. [color:4ecf=#yellow]I wish I brought my chemical gum that is always more satisfying then this stuff, I guess if we do get a run out of this I might be able to pick up the pack from home before we hit the mark.
Back to top Go down
Tani
Runner
Runner

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen IC   It's Only Nuyen IC - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 8:57 pm

Mr. Johnson turns and smiles at Silk. He clears his throat and responds to the negotiation with an open outstretched hand. Inside is a shiny new credstik:

"I think I can only offer you a further 500. That 500 is for the group though. That 500 is here in my hand now and is yours as soon as you accept the job. The earlier fee stands of course and will be paid upon completion. Basically, you are being paid to walk down the street and walk back again. I wish I could make a 1,000 and a bonus of 500 so easily and so quickly! Do we have a deal?"
Back to top Go down
Yogismith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Yogismith

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2012-07-09

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen IC   It's Only Nuyen IC - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 8:10 am

Eve listened as the Johnson offered another 500.  It wasn't much but it was more than they started with.  She looked at Silk who had garnered the extra cred.  She gave him a slight nod indicating she was straight with the offer and the job.   Lets see where this takes us.  She thought looking back at the Johnson.

Last edited by Yogismith on Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen IC   It's Only Nuyen IC - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 8:39 am

Silk smiles at the Johnson as he reaches out to shake the man's hand. Just a walk down the street? If it was that simple, you wouldn't need us. He takes the man's hand and accepts both the deal and the upfront fee.

Now that we are in business, there are a couple of questions. Where are we going, and what are we retrieving?
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen IC   It's Only Nuyen IC - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 11:01 am

Ooc: im on my phone so...

Dirk manages a smile at the mention of another five he watches the group for a second reaction before agragreeing with a smile...
Back to top Go down
scawire
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
scawire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen IC   It's Only Nuyen IC - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 11:55 am

Specter is not one to be picky about a job after he took a beating and didn't get a single nuyen for it. I'm in but we still need more info about the job.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen IC   It's Only Nuyen IC - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 1:27 pm

"Um yeah. I'm in." She didn't feel very comfortable agreeing to do the job before knowing what exactly it was, but she felt she owed the lawyer. And it was a bit of credit to get trough until he would start the other job. If that job was still on at all. After KE had sacked them.

She looked around at the others, let Silk do the negotiation and waited quite passively otherwise. Nevertheless, her gaze wandered around almost by itself. The people around were not really encouraging any feelings of security, and part of her wanted to make sure there were no threats for her and her team.
Back to top Go down
Tani
Runner
Runner

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen IC   It's Only Nuyen IC - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 1:33 pm

Mr. Johnson wastes no time now that you have accepted the job. In fact you get the sense that he would never have shared this next piece without your agreement to the offer. He looks each of you in the eye and shakes your hand sealing the deal. Then he gets down to it:

"What I need is a commlink. It's currently held by this guy named Oxycode, a real piece of drek - small time pimp, pusher, hustler. I don't give a drek what happens to him. He could win the lottery or get sold for parts to Tamanous for all I care . I just need his commlink. He's at room 312 at the Novelty Hills Sleep & Eat. That means the commlink's there too. You have any questions? If not you should get going before those 162s get hungrier. I need that commlink tonight!"

Other than that Mr. Johnson has no other information to give. He has no reason to expect any heightened security at the Novelty Hills Sleep & Eat and he knows that time is ticking.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen IC   It's Only Nuyen IC - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 3:32 pm

I've just got a couple more questions, sir. Silk said as the J gave the details of the job. First, do you need the commlink intact, or is just the data enough? Second, you said security shouldn't be that tight. However, that implies there may be more security than the standard fare for the motel. Are you aware of any of Oxycode's affiliations or acquaintances? This information could help speed things up.

Silk files away a few other concerns he wants to bring up with the crew once they roll out of the club.

He seems so certain that the mark has the package on him... whatever is on it is probably worth a lot more than a few thousand nuyen. I wonder if we can copy the data in the time it takes to get it back to him. Maybe someone else will be interested in it as well...

I also find it hard to believe that someone with a name like Oxycode is just lounging in a motel room enjoying some blue-sims. He's likely to have more protection than our Mr. J is letting on...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen IC   It's Only Nuyen IC - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

It's Only Nuyen IC
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next