Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeThe Spanish Suitcase (3rd ed) - Page 2 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

The Spanish Suitcase (3rd ed)

Go down 
+2
Nathanius
Velve
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2009-02-19

Character sheet
Character Name: Shadow
Race: Human
Sex: Male

The Spanish Suitcase (3rd ed) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Spanish Suitcase (3rd ed)   The Spanish Suitcase (3rd ed) - Page 2 EmptySun May 10, 2009 11:47 pm

Wolf looks first left then right, watching the others. Not seeing anyone jumping to ask questions, he then directs his attention to the Johnson, and shakes his shaved head.
Back to top Go down
Nathanius
Meat
Meat

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2009-04-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Nathanius Gather

PostSubject: Re: The Spanish Suitcase (3rd ed)   The Spanish Suitcase (3rd ed) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 11, 2009 8:59 am

"So we'll be hearing from you shortly about where we'll be meeting this buyer then?" ScareCrow wanted as much detail about the place as possible, not wanting to jump into an ambush with both feet. "Or is that something that we will be arranging on our own time?"
Back to top Go down
Velve
Meat
Meat
Velve

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Character sheet
Character Name: Words
Sex: M

PostSubject: Re: The Spanish Suitcase (3rd ed)   The Spanish Suitcase (3rd ed) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 11, 2009 12:01 pm

No agreement has yet been made, I have left it in the hands of your good selves to arrange a meeting on mutually agreeable ground.
Back to top Go down
Nathanius
Meat
Meat

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Spanish Suitcase (3rd ed)   The Spanish Suitcase (3rd ed) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 11, 2009 12:12 pm

"Well in that case, I would suggest we contact this Mr. O'Maley and see what kind of information he can get for us, and we'll set it up from there," ScareCrow looked around the room to see if the others agreed or disagreed with his analysis.

Keying on his pocket secretary he sent a quick message to his hacker friend, Mr. Slim, to see if he could dig up any information on either Professor Dee or Mr. O'Maley.
Back to top Go down
Velve
Meat
Meat
Velve

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Spanish Suitcase (3rd ed)   The Spanish Suitcase (3rd ed) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 12, 2009 1:35 am

The Johnson smothers another smile.

But, my dear sirs, you are Mr O'Maley. He gestures to them all to emphasise the word you.

It has been set up so you can be in command of the details that are so important in such matters.
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Number of posts : 1139
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Character sheet
Character Name: Priest Sarah Gaven
Race: ork
Sex: female

PostSubject: Re: The Spanish Suitcase (3rd ed)   The Spanish Suitcase (3rd ed) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 12, 2009 5:01 am

Taur would sit in his chair, frankly bored to death, he hated this bit o' planning part of all runs. "So's far as i see it, We go in pretendin' to be this Mr. O'Malley, and trade your goods and get it back to you. But we have to call them to set-up the arrangement. Shouldn't be to bad if we can pick our own spot. I'd say somewhere with a decent view o' the ocean would be nice."
Back to top Go down
Nathanius
Meat
Meat

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Spanish Suitcase (3rd ed)   The Spanish Suitcase (3rd ed) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 12, 2009 11:49 am

"Ah, I seem to have misheard," said ScareCrow "I apologize. In any case, which of us is going to pull off an irish accent to be the Mr. O'Malley? And I'd agree with Mr. Taur here, a nice ocean view would be nice and open, plus the waves could mask any unwanted listeners. Not to mention the obvious place to dump a body if need be."
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Spanish Suitcase (3rd ed)   The Spanish Suitcase (3rd ed) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 12, 2009 2:08 pm

"If ye be needing a true son of eire, i'm about as close as your going to get in this part of the world, my mother's a daughter of the emerald isles, my father's was french. Besides i have a certain way with people, to make them see that our interests are in their best interests." A smile would begin crawling over his lips as taur had the imaginings of making all the people he was about to meet his daily lunch.
Back to top Go down
Jimb011
Team Leader
Team Leader
Jimb011

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Character sheet
Character Name: Dex

PostSubject: The Spanish Suitcase   The Spanish Suitcase (3rd ed) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 12, 2009 6:57 pm

Burk speaks into the screen again.

Time to provide some use out of me.

"I'll volunteer to hold on to the test kit. I know my way around equipment, the matrix and can hold my own in the field. In any case; where are we going to meet as a base of operations? I'd like to see everyone face to face."

Over the wire was good and all but burk needed to be where the action was. Sure he was a Decker but getting up close and personal was his preference when on runs. 'Deck on the fly' is his motto
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2009-01-28

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: The Spanish Suitcase (3rd ed)   The Spanish Suitcase (3rd ed) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 12, 2009 11:00 pm

The Shadow chuckled at the comments so far. "Well, there are plenty of people named O'Malley that ain't from Ireland. But yeah, someone with the skills to talk a mean game should probably be the one to pose for the part. The rest of us are simply there as backup."

He paused, considering the decker's words. "As for a spot to meet, I know a nice little dive a couple blocks from the Renraku Arcology. Don't worry, there aren't any drones allowed in the place." He chuckled at his own joke. Ok, so maybe for them it wouldn't be so funny, and really, it wasn't all that funny to him, either, but at least he was alive, and still in (mostly) one piece, right?
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Spanish Suitcase (3rd ed)   The Spanish Suitcase (3rd ed) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 1:16 am

"Renraku Arcology? Heh. Works for me." Wolf had walked over to the bar and helped himself to another Guinness. He sat back down and took a sip as he thought for a moment. "Should we all show at the meet, or would it be better for some of us to hang around out of sight? And where should we meet up with our decker friend there?"
Back to top Go down
Velve
Meat
Meat
Velve

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Spanish Suitcase (3rd ed)   The Spanish Suitcase (3rd ed) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 3:16 pm

Bowing formally the Johnson makes his exit through the door he arrived from.

Ahem.

Maurice clears his throat before continuing.

The room is yours for a further half hour. If you require anything, please ring the bell for service, and I will be with you post haste. He indicates an old fashioned bell pull, then leaves through a door disguised in the panelling behind the bar.
Back to top Go down
Nathanius
Meat
Meat

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Spanish Suitcase (3rd ed)   The Spanish Suitcase (3rd ed) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 9:10 pm

"Well, looks like we've got ourselves two Mr. O'Malleys," ScareCrow nods towards Taur and The Shadow, "As for setting up a meeting time, Burk, you think you could get in contact with Professor Dee and set it up?"
Back to top Go down
Jimb011
Team Leader
Team Leader
Jimb011

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Character sheet
Character Name: Dex

PostSubject: TSS   The Spanish Suitcase (3rd ed) - Page 2 EmptySun May 17, 2009 9:31 pm

(ooc sorry I'm late what happened to this run?)

Burk looks at the screen and thinks:

I really need to get over there

"Well uh, I'd like to but the case, that Mr. Johnson mentioned; with the information on this buyer is over there... I guess you could check it out and send me the info? We really need to meet somewhere. Somewhere close to where we are going to make the trade. Anyone got a time-share on a beach house?"

Things need to pick up. If this Professor D. was waiting for a buyer he might sell it to someone else and then we would be in deep drek.
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Spanish Suitcase (3rd ed)   The Spanish Suitcase (3rd ed) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 18, 2009 12:59 am

Wolf is no longer sipping his Guinness... he gulps it. His stomach, empty for so long, was now being filled by the thick drink. He finishes with a deep sigh of appreciation, and gets up on his feet and heads over to the bar for yet another refill. As he pours his drink, he turns his head and looks back over his shoulder at the group. "I'm thinking that we got a few things that need doin'. We need to contact the buyer, and set up the meet point. We also ought to do some snoopin' on the parties involved, so ka?" He takes a swig of his newly poured drink. "Why don't we split ourselves into parties and each take a task?" He walks back to his seat, drink in hand. "Frag, but I love having a full stomach!" He takes yet another swig.
Back to top Go down
Velve
Meat
Meat
Velve

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Spanish Suitcase (3rd ed)   The Spanish Suitcase (3rd ed) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 18, 2009 9:08 am

The case contains stacks of notes, all neatly bound in bundles of ten thousand, a small electronic device with two probes and instructions, and a thin manilla envelope.

The instructions for the device seem straight forward "Dissolve one gram of the substance in 200ml of water. Insert the probes with 2mm separation between them (plastic spacer provided) and activate. Green light = Sample OK. Orange light = Sample Diluted - Readout will indicate estimate of percentage. Red light = Sample fake."

Inside the envelope are transcripts of a conversation between Prof. Dee and a man representing a Mr O'Maley and hinting at being a member of the Seattle Mafia. The nature of chemicals in question isn't mentioned, merely the possibility of a purchase, some minor haggling, and the Professor making plain his preference for paper money.

A single page sheet entitled "The Professor" shows a picture of a white haired orc in labcoat and safety glasses. the scant information it provides informs you he is an ex-academic thrown out of his professorship at Spokane some thirty years ago for unethical techniques used in his bioware research programme. Now resident in the Seattle orc underground, known handles include Professor Dee, James Dorell, 'Meatman'.

Another sheet of paper has card has two phone numbers and coffin motel cublicle address scrawled on it.
Back to top Go down
Nathanius
Meat
Meat

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Spanish Suitcase (3rd ed)   The Spanish Suitcase (3rd ed) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 18, 2009 11:40 am

ScareCrow thinks back to any contact he'd had with the mafia recently, then keys a quick note to Guido Cagliarri (lvl 2 contact, Mafioso) to see if he had heard anything about a Professor Dee. He knew the Professor hadn't necessarily done work with the mob before, but he certainly wasn't unable to, and seemed pretty quick to sell to O'Malley.

"Unfortunately, I don't have any properties on the beach, maybe we could use the advance cash to rent a neutral spot for the meet?" He begins to mentally calculate the money they had been given so far. About 25,000 nuyen. Not a bad sum to rent a little spot with a nice view for a couple days. Hopefully whoever owns it won't mind a few bullet holes or broken walls if the drek hits the fan like it always does.

"Hey, Burk, you wanna scan the matrix for a spot that might look good for the meet? Something away from the locals as much as possible preferably. And also see if you can't find anything about Professor Dee while you look. I'll see if I can get in touch with Scopes, he might be able to arrange a little visit to the Ork Underground, maybe we can get a closer look at the good Professor before the buy." He then opens his pocket secretary one more time to send a message to Scopes about possibly 'visiting' the underground in the near future. (Scopes Lvl 2 contact, Fixer)

" What ya guys think? Wanna take a field trip to the dregs of society?"
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Spanish Suitcase (3rd ed)   The Spanish Suitcase (3rd ed) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 18, 2009 11:56 pm

Wolf looks over the rim of his drink at the tall elf, his face puzzled. "We not going with that Renraku Arcology idea? Why blow money on a meet spot when we got a whole abandoned arco to use?" He runs the back of his hand across his mouth, wiping away the foam from his drink.
Back to top Go down
Nathanius
Meat
Meat

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Spanish Suitcase (3rd ed)   The Spanish Suitcase (3rd ed) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 19, 2009 12:13 pm

"Oh, I've got nothing against the arcology, just trying to compromise. The idea of a beachfront property that could hide noises, guns, and bodies could be very useful. You know something about Renraku's failed fortress that the rest of us don't?"
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: The Spanish Suitcase (3rd ed)   The Spanish Suitcase (3rd ed) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 19, 2009 6:36 pm

"He might not, but I do."

The Shadow looked at the others, and decided a moment of truth, or at least semi-truth, would be called for. "I worked at the Arcology, before the AI decided to turn people into his experiments. Its where I got a lot of my ware. So I'd say I know the ins and outs of the place pretty well. Worst comes to worst, I know someone else familiar with the place, who can help out."

"And the only people likely to be on the Arcology grounds would be the truly desperate squatters. Everyone with means to be elsewhere is scared that the AI will come back, I reckon. And you really think anyone will respond to a call of gunfire at the Arcology? Its free, isolated, and no one will come looking. I can't think of anyplace better, can you?"
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Spanish Suitcase (3rd ed)   The Spanish Suitcase (3rd ed) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 20, 2009 1:52 am

"Why meet in someplace quiet, why not public, it's free, and innocents mean that this will indeed be a fairly safe environment. IF you truly wish to use your arcology, be my guest, but i would insist that we personally setup the meeting zone for our own safetly first, cleaning out any undesirables. Than set traps along the way, we use the arcology as our base, and have them meet us on our terms. Either way, we meet at the arcology, and i have a phone call to make." Taur would take the number on the card for Professor D and send it a text message that it was time to set up an appointment, signed Mr. O'Malley.
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: The Spanish Suitcase (3rd ed)   The Spanish Suitcase (3rd ed) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 20, 2009 9:44 am

"Using the Arcology as a base and fallback point wouldn't be a bad idea. And as I said before, I know a nice little bar a couple blocks away from it that would do nicely for a meet site. But I don't know about being in public. We're supposed to be buying stolen narcotics. If we're going to test them on site, that is not something you do where there will be witnesses."
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Spanish Suitcase (3rd ed)   The Spanish Suitcase (3rd ed) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 20, 2009 8:15 pm

Wolf puts down his empty glass, a look of satisfaction on his face. "Why not both? We invite them to meet at the bar, then invite them back to the arcology for the actual item swap. That way, they get to feel all nice and safe, and we use the excuse of not wanting to conduct the test in public to get them to the killing ground." Wolf grins... well, wolfishly. The thought of bringing down easy prey fills him with a warmth that matched the alcohol he'd just drank.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Spanish Suitcase (3rd ed)   The Spanish Suitcase (3rd ed) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Spanish Suitcase (3rd ed)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2