Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeRigging Motorcycles SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Rigging Motorcycles

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ex3lev3n

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2012-12-29

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

Rigging Motorcycles Empty
PostSubject: Rigging Motorcycles   Rigging Motorcycles EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 4:54 pm

As a preface to this post, I only have the SR4A, Runner's Companion, and Unwired books at my disposal, so if the answers to my questions is stated in another book (most likely Arsenal) I apologize in advance. And with that out of the way:

Can an operator with a Control Rig jump in to a Rigger Adapted motorcycle and not fall of his horse? It's my understanding that your body goes limp in VR, and that seems SUPER dangerous if you're hauling ass down a highway at 200 kph, especially if you incur a -6 dice pool modifier for physical actions while in VR (SR4A pg. 226). I read in the core book that you can remove the RAS of your Sim Module (SR4A pg. 328), but would even that help you maintain your meat body's balance if your brain thinks it's a two-wheeled street demon?

And that brings me to the other question that popped up: exactly how does one buy Response and Signal for your Rigger Adapted vehicle? The Software Packages (SR4A pg.330) are pretty clear on purchasing Pilot, Firewall, and System programs, but Hardware Upgrades (SR4A pg. 222) state that "A Device's hardware ratings may only be upgraded by +2 with regards to their original ratings". That's all well and good, but a Suzuki Mirage doesn't start out with either Response or Signal, so where do I begin?

I've been wracking my brains trying to figure this out, folks, and any and all help on the matter will be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Number of posts : 1442
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Character sheet
Character Name: (0d3\/\/R3(|{
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Rigging Motorcycles   Rigging Motorcycles EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 1:28 pm

He would need to start by getting a motorcycle gyro to keep the bike upright when his meat went limp anyway. From there, you could maybe play around with straps & ties? Sort of like when an old biker can't hold his grips tight enough any more, he'll sometimes tie his hands to it with a bandanna. Not the safest thing, but at least he's less likely to drop the bike when he slows down or tries to shift gears.

Assuming the bike is an automatic (not sure how a rigger control unit deals with manual clutch systems), then the unit can handle breaking and clutching. The straps & ties would at least keep you on the bike so long as it didn't tilt too far. Which is where that gyro mod I mentioned earlier comes in. There is the option of getting a covered bike. Then, even if the driver slips a little, he still doesn't hit the 'crete. I'm not sure is those are in Arsenal or Junk Yard.

If we go by RAW of what you just quoted on the response/signal upgrades, then you could upgrade the device to R2/S2 (0+2=2). But I seem to recall something about all devices having a rating equal to it's listed pilot? I could be wrong though, so you would need to check.
Back to top Go down
ex3lev3n

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Rigging Motorcycles   Rigging Motorcycles EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 1:59 pm

Indeed! Thank you much for the info, Wreck. Hmmm, it seems that it would just be a lot easier to replace the idea of a Control Rig with Wired Reflexes (Rating 1). It won't give the character the... well, the control he would have as a Rigger, but it would give him an extra IP each round so be could drive and attack every round. And you know what? I think that would actually fit the concept better anyway... Thanks again for the input :]
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Rigging Motorcycles   Rigging Motorcycles EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 2:17 pm

I would still think about that gyro mod. It gives a +1 to handling at the cost of speed. Which you can rev back up with engine mods.
Back to top Go down
ex3lev3n

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Rigging Motorcycles   Rigging Motorcycles EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 2:56 pm

What book are these mods found in? I have Chummer on the home PC so I can check it out later
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Rigging Motorcycles   Rigging Motorcycles EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 3:53 pm

Probably Arsenal.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf

PostSubject: Re: Rigging Motorcycles   Rigging Motorcycles EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 11:28 am

Definitely arsenal
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rigging Motorcycles   Rigging Motorcycles Empty

Back to top Go down

Rigging Motorcycles
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadowrun Online :: Library :: Archives :: Archives - :: Questions and Answers-
Jump to: