Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomePast Tense, the second IC - Page 5 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Past Tense, the second IC

Go down 
+3
Kesslan
Dr_Cynic
Darkon
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

Past Tense, the second IC - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Past Tense, the second IC   Past Tense, the second IC - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 5:53 am

- Huh, he looks mundane, but his staff is a focus... Ashe thought to herself. - The two obvious possibilities are: he is Masking, but has not yet mastered Extended Masking, or he has Extended Masking, and wants me to see the staff... She thought to herself, amused by the puzzle. - Or it could be a gift from someone else who is magical, or he could be holding it for safe keeping... Her mind continued to wander through various other, less probable possibilities.

1 Success

When the tea arrived, Ashe gratefully took the offered cup and held it under her face with both hands, allowing the steamed aroma to drift about her face lazily, in a similar fashion to how she had described the magical effect of the positive background count the Gardens had. After giving her face a bit of time to take in the aroma of the tea, Ashe took a deep breath, taking the aroma of the Oolong tea deep in to her lungs, and smiling. "MmmmMMmmm." She veritably hummed with the accumulated calm given by the Gardens, Shen's soothing presence, and the tea. Finally, Ashe took a small sip, letting the flavor fill her mouth. The temperature was just right; and the flavor... Ashe wished she knew enough about tea to guess at the brand, but this certainly was not the Red Mountain to which she was more accustomed. Ashe made a mental note to ask Shen, some other time in the future, which brand he used. Though she likely couldn't afford it...
"Oh, Shen, the tea is just right." She said in thanks. She watched him over the rim of her cup as he went about his business, turning her attention back to Mr. Johnson as soon as Shen was no longer a visual focus. The Johnson immediately launched his pitch, which was surprisingly straightforward. - What an afternoon... Full of surprises... She thought to herself, nodding and continuing to slowly sip at the Oolong tea.
"Indeed I do not. How much are you willing to tell me about the two teams; the first in particular? I am curious about the make-up and management..." She asked, again finding herself surprised by her choice of questions. In a more ordinary setting, she would have ignored the first team, and asked about the object, the security, and his interest in the object... But the Gardens, or this day, seemed to have an alarming effect on her.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Past Tense, the second IC   Past Tense, the second IC - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 11:43 am

Around the corner, Shen was busy with what sounded like scissors. He was also humming some tridshow tune under his breath.

The Johnson seemed comfortable with the question. After a moment of thought, he replied to Ashes question: "The first group consisted of a norse mage, an adept face, an archeologist with whip and leather jacket and a man with big guns. Each went ones own way without ever getting even near doing any recon." "The second team consists of a streetdoc, a 'psion'," he gave the term a somewhat flat intonation, "and a face."

He drank a tiny sip of tea and smiled. "The tea is excellent as always, Shen."

Shens head peeked around the corner. "Thank you both. My cousin Song sends me a crate full every blue moon. I could give you a small portion to take home."

"That would be lovely." The J smiled and drank some more tea before getting back to business. "There was a fourth, but he hasn't shown up at all lately. The others had at least started to work together. I am not sure about their status at the moment. At least, I haven't given up on them yet. You would, assuming you accept, be an enhancement to the group. And depending if they managed to establish a structure, you will either be part of the team or its leader. But that will have to show." He put a small chip between them on the bench. "On this chip, you will find all the information I have gathered. There is still more to know of course, but that is part of your teams task." He paused a few moments, watching a bird landing on the fountain, chirping, and then flying off again. "I also have a hacker ready to join in on the fun. All together that should round the team."

After that, he gave Ashe time to think, and to ask questions. Every now and then, he sipped of the tea or inhaled the aroma.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Past Tense, the second IC   Past Tense, the second IC - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 6:15 am

Ashe nodded, listening carefully to Mr. Johnson's answers to her question. She joined in, voicing her appreciation for the tea, and agreeing with Mr. Johnson in regards to taking home a bit.
"What a surprisingly uncharacteristic response..." Ashe mumbled to herself, once Mr. Johnson slowed down in regards to the team which never even addressed the task.
"I am honestly surprised that they never even addressed the task after having accepted the mission. But letting bygones be bygones, I am now a proposed new addition to the latest team. I suppose I should ask for more details about the task, and what you're paying." Ashe said after he had finished. She looked down at the chip Mr. Johnson had placed on the bench. Obviously payment would be an important part of her decision as to whether or not she took the job; though she didn't have anything else to occupy her at the moment.
"Why don't you start by telling me what you're paying, and then tell me this: Aside from the museum security, which I can estimate in my mind, do you anticipate any additional threats during this job?" She asked, hoping that this piece of information, which would actually be an important one for her, would be something that he could tell her.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Past Tense, the second IC   Past Tense, the second IC - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 9:07 am

His whole demeanor was relaxed and friendly, if maybe somewhat distanced for business reasons. "I don't know much what the other team did. But my guess is they got sidetracked and lost their way. I would be very dissappointed if the same happens with you. Although I am hopeful that it is idle worry."

Johnson was smiling politely the whole time, nevertheless his inflection made the point clear what dissappointing him might mean. On the other hand, in their niche of business, such things could be expected.

On the question of threats he replied: "None on this job. Aside the museum security." His answer came quite promptly. "But after you have finished this job, I have more jobs for the team, if they are willing. And you of course." He smiled charming. "At the moment, I can not tell you any more about it. I'm sure you understand. If you take on the other jobs after successfully providing me this statue, you will be briefed on the rest. All in due time." He thought for a second, taking a long draw from his cup, then added: "The statue might have a magical aura. My information state nothing of any danger coming from it, but it is a small detail that might be of interest to you."

The Johnson reached into his pocket. "As for payment, the team gets five thousand nuyen each. Half in advance, half after deliver." With these words he put a credstick next to the chip. "There is the prospect of a somewhat more substantial compensation for the," he chuckled, "long run."
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Past Tense, the second IC   Past Tense, the second IC - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 6:57 am

"The long run..." Ashe returned his humor, while covering her mouth, with a very slight giggle of her own. She raised the teacup immediately afterward, as though she was embarrassed by the laughter, though it was perfectly appropriate.
"Ok, I'll do it." She said. She transferred her teacup from her right hand to her left hand, and held her right hand out to Mr. Johnson, in the old and ageing sign of an agreement. Call her a traditionalist...
"So, where and when do I meet the rest of the team?" She asked, after they had shaken hands. She then gathered up the Chip and the credstick. She would review the chip later - the Credistick she slotted in to her Public commlink to review the funds. Satisfied, she pulled the credstick back out, and shoved them both in to her handbag.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Past Tense, the second IC   Past Tense, the second IC - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 9:54 am

For Bishop, there was much to see, in case he was interested in ancient artifacts. Of course Ericas cleavage was a pleasant distraction anytime. His comlink showed him a message from Twitch: Keep the feed going. We're around.

"Jon. What a cute name" The girl blinked with her long lashed, blue eyes, clearly flirting.

The Johnson took her hand in a reassuring grip. "Very good. The chip contains comlink numbers for your team mates and the hacker. I will inform them about their new companion, then you can appoint a meeting yourself." The man sat up a little straighter. "Are there any other question you'd like me to answer?" He asked patiently. It didnt seem to be intended to finish the conversation.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 1148
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Past Tense, the second IC   Past Tense, the second IC - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 12:07 pm

Relieved at hearing from his team, Bishop relaxed into his role as a common tourist, and even managed to actually enjoy Erica's company (as well as her generous cleavage.) It all worked out better than he could have planned. The girl's natural curiosity kept the two moving through the various exhibits more than enough for the dark elf to get live footage of the layout of the main exhibit hall as well as shots of some potential 'extras', all from varying angles.

The charming Erica even smiled her way into getting a shot or two with the guards, allowing Bishop to catch their uniforms and security equipment on film (what was readily visible anyway.) Bishop was amazed to find himself enchanted by this lovely woman.

But as all good things must, the 'date' had to come to its conclusion. But before leaving, Bishop could not resist inviting Erica into the souvenir shop.
"Pick out whatever you like," he told her, smiling at the twinkle that came to her lovely eyes.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Past Tense, the second IC   Past Tense, the second IC - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 3:46 am

"That's excellent. I presume the chip also contains the remainder of the details of the run?" Ashe asked, not really concerned. If it didn't, she would just get that from the rest of the team. If it did, she would be in a position to do a bit of recon herself, before even meeting the team. It would be a good idea for her to show up to the first meet with a few ideas in her head, if possible. But, again, not necessary. Moving on, Ashe mimicked Mr. Johnson, straightening her posture slightly. Ashe wasn't one to slouch, but when the energy shifted, she always shifted slightly with it.
"Hmm, questions..." Ashe thought out loud.
"Well, I don't suppose you could tell me why it is that you chose this place as your meeting spot?" Ashe asked. She was extremely pleased that he had chosen this place, otherwise Ashe may not have been introduced to such a gem, and may not have found, or made, the time to come here herself.

Last edited by Gala on Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Past Tense, the second IC   Past Tense, the second IC - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 12:32 pm

While Bishop walked through the exhibition, he noticed that three dimensional models of each specimen could be watched on AR.

Erica beamed at the prospect. And she looked through the merchandise very thoroughly to find the perfect gift for herself. There were figurines, some real paper books about archeology, faksimile coins and jewelery. Mostly glass beads and bronze trinkets. "Ooh, those look nice." She pointed at a pair of earrings behind glass. "Like the ones in the exhibition. And they aren't even that expensive, are they?" She asked. The tone indicated she was probing if it was too expensive for her newfound friend. She took his arm and pulled him closer, pressing said arm against the soft, round parts of her form.

The Johnson smirked at Ashes question. "I could say the mood it sets helps negotiations. Or that the meeting here would have privacy and yet be in a public place." He winked. "Or that it is a lovely place I like to visit. Truth be told," he continued, not without an ironic undertone, "it is a bit of each. But mostly because this is what one could call a perfect place. And of course, Shen Sifu does make a mean cup of tea."
It wasn't easy to determine whether he had joked or if indeed he had told the truth. Each reason for itself was plausible enough. Combined they made a strong case.

"When our paths intertwine more often, I will tell you more about my conciderations."
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 1148
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Past Tense, the second IC   Past Tense, the second IC - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 6:31 am

Composure Test = 2 hits
Etiquette Test = 3 hits

Bishop leaned slightly into Erica's inviting form, taking maximum advantage of the girl's contact with his arm. He gave her a warm grin and, eyeing the pair of earrings that had caught her fancy, he regarded her with one eyebrow raised.
"Hmm...gorgeous," he murmured close to Erica's ear, letting her decide for herself whether he was referring to the earrings or her. "but their full potential will never be realized sitting on such a drab setting as that." He indicated the gift display with a slight nod of his head. "Tell you what - I have some business I have to attend to that just can't be delayed. Give me your commcode, agree to see me again when my biz is complete, and I'll see what I can do to find those poor earrings a better home." With these last words Bishop reached up and gently tugged at Erica's earlobe, sending, he hoped, a small thrill along the girl's nerves.
Back to top Go down
Twitch
Meat
Meat

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2012-06-28

Character sheet
Character Name: Twitch
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Past Tense, the second IC   Past Tense, the second IC - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 4:45 am

Twitch hurried off of the ferry as soon as it docked, so entranced by the museum and the wealth of knowledge that was flowing into his eyes. It took him several moments to realize that he had lost track of both Soren and Bishop. Whirling around his eyes darted through the crowd, until he realized that he was quite obviously searching for someone.

Cursing in his own head, Twitch headed towards the entrance, taking care to locate any cameras or guards. He spotted Bishop on his way in, and followed the elf for a little bit. The girl that was clinging to his arm was quite lovely, Twitch wondered if they actually knew each other, or if the elf was just that good.

Shrugging, Twitch sent Bishop a brief message to let him know that he was still around. Then He sent Soren a message.

>>Hey man, what happened? Did you become another new person? I'm wandering inside the museum, anything important I should look for?<<

After he sent the message, Twitch began a very thorough circuit of the museum.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Past Tense, the second IC   Past Tense, the second IC - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 1:21 pm

"Hmm; yes, each reason makes sense to me. And each is appropriate in it's way.
"And with that, I believe it is time for me to meet the team. May I presume they are expecting me?"
She asked, standing up. She took a deep breath, almost as if she was trying to syphon off her own bit of the energy of the gardens. Once standing, she finished off the last of her tea and smiled, again, thinking about how delightful a cup the tea had turned out to be.
"Mmm, I will have to thank Shen, when I next see him. This tea is really excellent." She said, almost as an afterthought, and not really directed at Mr. Johnson. She turned to him and offered her hand, in the age-old manner of sealing a deal. With the proliferation of violence in the 6th world, and the lack of sway the courts had, a handshake had come back in to it's own, becoming just as valuable (or not) as a paper contract once had been.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Past Tense, the second IC   Past Tense, the second IC - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 12:28 pm

Erica leaned in on Bishop. "Are you sure you can't delay it?" Her voice oozed of honey. "But ok." Her comcode beeped on his link. Then she gave him a peck on the cheek. "Just so you know you're missing out on something." Miss Wriggle giggled and left for the kay.

Twitch could make out Bishop just two rows away while he was talking to a good looking young woman. One of the rows held a set of ancient surgery tools. They didn't look that different from the scalpels and pincers used today.

Johnson shook his head. "No they do not know yet. But I will inform them shortly." He took her hand and shook it with a firm grip. "I am looking forward working with you. But now I bid you farewell."
Shen came around the corner with two wooden boxes. "Here is the tea." He hands one of the boxes to each of them. Johnson took one of the boxes. "Thank you Shen. See you later." He waited for Ashes response, then walked out through the hidden gap in the hatch.

A few minutes later, Twitch, Bishop and Soren got a message on their comlinks. I have aquired another member of your team. She is a mage and will add her expertise to your group efforts. Expect her to contact you soon.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Past Tense, the second IC   Past Tense, the second IC - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 7:41 am

"Oh, Shen, thank you so much. This tea is the best Oolong I have ever tasted, and I really am looking forward to drinking it at home too!" Ashe gushed quietly. She took the tea in one hand, and gave Shen a firm squeeze on his hand. She was still somewhat interested in his appearance, since, as she had stated, there was no way for a dwarf to be his age unless there were "immortal" dwarves, like there are immortal elves. Or, if he was born a dwarf during a mana spike, like Merlin was a magician during a mana spike. Ashe realized that this was neither the time nor the place to puzzle over how a dwarf, with several hundred years lifespan, could look like he was in his last quarter. She would have to puzzle it over another time.
Turning, Ashe made eye contact with Mr. Johnson, and gave him a quick, short bow. She had said everything she needed to say, for now, and didn't have any further farewell than she had already given. She would be following him out shortly, but she thought that discretion, at this point, was likely a wise choice. Ashe loitered there, in the center of the garden, for another 1-2 minutes, giving Mr. Johnson time to head on his way without her inadvertent observation. If she felt he needed surveillance, she would track him down later, while he wasn't expecting it. But not now, now it would just be rude.

Then she made her way out of the garden, slowly. Enjoying every intricate detail. And finally, as she left the garden and ended up back on the hubbub of the street, Ashe informed her home to have a warm meal of Breakfast for Lunch ready for her when she arrived. She would need some protein to get her through what would undoubtedly be a long day. Her following call was to the first name on the list of her new team. She used her "Public" commlink for this call, not yet certain of whom it was she would be speaking with. And she would make certain to use "public" discussion rules as well.
"Good afternoon, my name is Ashe. I understand we have a date set up for the museum. I apologize for my delay, it is ever so difficult to dress for a blind date." She said, by way of introduction. She hoped that her choice of words was sufficient to indicate both that she knew what she was calling, and that she was intentionally utilizing "public" language.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Past Tense, the second IC   Past Tense, the second IC - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Past Tense, the second IC
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5