Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeDragons don't cut deals with me... SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Dragons don't cut deals with me...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
10d6
Meat
Meat
10d6

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2012-04-21

Character sheet
Character Name: Billy Gibbs
Race: Human
Sex: Male

Dragons don't cut deals with me... Empty
PostSubject: Dragons don't cut deals with me...   Dragons don't cut deals with me... EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 4:50 am

Hey, all. A little about myself:

My RPG background is extensive, though I am unfamiliar with 4th edition...yet. I played SR at release and through second edition, as well as D&D, RIFTS, Chivalry & Sorcery, HOL (a must-read if only for the joke game pamphlet stapled into the middle of the core rulebook) and every other pen and paper RPG I could get my grubby little mitts on or shake some dice at. Most recently I have been collecting and painting Warhammer armies, as my work kept me on the road for the last 20 years and away from my gamer friends and the internet.

Now I have a stable job and time to see what's been going on in the world, so I checked up on Shadowrun. I loved the old SNES game, and was horribly disappointed in the Xbox FPS, so I decided to see if there were any upcoming Shadowrun computer games, and I stumbled into this place. I found this site about a week ago and have been creeping around ever since, checking out the games in progress and FF threads and I have to say I'm glad I made it here. I joined the site tonight but I'll not make a character or try to get too involved until I ingest the 4th edition ruleset.

I try not to be a min-maxer or a powergamer, but more of a role-player. I hate to argue rules, and would rather play a character with interesting flaws than super powers. I've seen way too many GM's allow way too powerful characters, had too many friends who seemed to always roll natural twenties and I feel it takes away from the game. All that being said. I'm excited to be here, and looking forward to whatever may come.

I am curious about something. Is the PACKS system acceptable for character creation, or should we be sticking to core rulebook exclusively? I am assuming that characters will be created with a max. 400 BP's, but I'm scared to make a character yet...I may just go overboard and make 5-6 of them.

Alright. Enough of this idle banter for now. Must read rulebook. See ya out there, 'runners!

-J
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Big Daddy
Race: Troll
Sex: Male

Dragons don't cut deals with me... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragons don't cut deals with me...   Dragons don't cut deals with me... EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 5:30 am

Hello and welcome.

You might be pleased to know that there are 3 upcoming shadowrun computers games (that I know of) in developement. There is "Shadowrun Returns" which has a kickstarter page and has raised over 1.5 million dollars last I checked. There is another one being developed by cliffhanger studios. And there is a grass roots effort at an MMO called (I believe) Awakened MMO.

As for learning the 4th ed rule set, I found that a patient GM and diving right in are the best way to learn any game. Of course with the PbP format you have the advantage of being able to look up the rule and system as you go along as well.

And for character creation rules: when a person volenteers as a GM he/she will post the character creation rules that they want used for that particular game.

--SN
Back to top Go down

Dragons don't cut deals with me...
Page 1 of 1