Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeRPG posting rulez SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

RPG posting rulez

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Big Daddy
Race: Troll
Sex: Male

RPG posting rulez Empty
PostSubject: RPG posting rulez   RPG posting rulez EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 2:34 pm

Hey I was looking at another PbP site (no SRO, I'm not leaving you) and saw this post from a GM and really liked it so I'm sharing it here.

msg #1
Rules for Posting (Required)

Anyone who joins this game must read, AND REPLY to this thread.

I am a firm believer in posting the rules of conduct for any game I run. By joining the game you are submitting to these rules:

Conduct:
1) No Godmodding
2) No Metagaming
3) Do not under any circumstance post any thoughts, actions, dialogue, or reactions on behalf of another PC. This is not negotiable.
4) Treat each other with respect.
5) Unless specifically stated in a post, no PC's should physically attack any other PC's. Verbal confrontations are ok, and even expected. If it comes to blows one of your GM's will decide who wins.
6) This is an adult game and will involve adult situations, including sexual situations, within the RPOL TOU. If you do not want to take part in such scenes, do not apply to this game.
7) ONLY I may accuse someone of playing against the story because it is MY story!

Posting:
1) Post at least once per week, unless you have given advance notice of absence in the absence thread or the OOC. Anyone who fails to post for two weeks will be placed on inactive (Z - thread) status until they return. If you have two such absences you will be removed from the game.
2) When posting please consider the following:
a) Your Charcters Logical thoughts about what is happening
b) Your characters Emotional thoughts about what is happening
c) What, if any, actions your character takes to affect his/her enviroment
d) What, if any, dialogue your character says.
3) One line posts are subject to being deleted by a GM (though not necessarily will be). If you consider and write about the four things above you should have at least four lines in your post.

Rolls:
In the event that a player does not make the appropriate roll, I will assume they have taken 10 or 20 as appropriate.

If stress or other conditions prevent this, then I will ask you to make the roll.

If a skill normally does not allow taking 10 or 20, like bluff, and there is no stress, I will still assume you have taken 10, but not 20.

Charm, seduction, or bending another to your will through sexual persuasion is a bluff.

Using a witty personality but not in a sexual way is diplomacy.

Using your personality to bully is intimidation.

Copied and pasted from http://www.rpol.net/display.cgi?gi=42701&ti=2&date=1319538828
I salute the original author
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 1148
Registration date : 2008-12-22

RPG posting rulez Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPG posting rulez   RPG posting rulez EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 4:09 pm

Hear hear!
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Big Daddy
Race: Troll
Sex: Male

RPG posting rulez Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPG posting rulez   RPG posting rulez EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 5:42 pm

and for the record, spelling rules with a "z" is a genuine typo

Stupid touch screen
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 1148
Registration date : 2008-12-22

RPG posting rulez Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPG posting rulez   RPG posting rulez EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 5:45 pm

It still workz
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RPG posting rulez Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPG posting rulez   RPG posting rulez Empty

Back to top Go down

RPG posting rulez
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadowrun Online :: General Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: