Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeLiving on the Edge - OOC - Page 4 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Living on the Edge - OOC

Go down 
+4
Kouryuu.LV
Jagger
Aalith
DaedalusK71
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Number of posts : 658
Registration date : 2011-03-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Kouryuu.LV
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 4:48 pm

DaedalusK71 wrote:
Like you, I'm sure, I'm not interested in arguing about game mechanics. I'd rather play the game. If you expect me to not make mistakes, you're in for alot of disappointment. I'm not a hardcore gamer with nothing else to do. And I hardly consider a handfull of posts 'running in circles'. I did read the book on the sensor and was concerned with it unbalancing the game. Not the least of which is having the ability to instantly know (nearly) every piece of cyberware and weapon in your area. Perhaps I phrased things a bit more concretly than I intended. Clearly I did not understand its limitations.

That being said, I'm going to let the tech stand RAW.
the thing is it only allows you to know the size and the placment, not the exact thing.
example radar can tell that you carry a pistol, what kind, not
radar sensor can tell that there is cyberware in the head, but not if it is math spu or comlink
Of course a medic or a weapon expert could tell more from a knowlage roll seeing it's 3D image, but not everyday Joe

this sensor has it's advantages in knowing, but knowing some extra knowlage, does not mean being able to deal with it, Radar sensor could be sumerised as a bit more precise ultrasound goggles with Astral perception mod, for detecting guns and cyberware.
Back to top Go down
Aalith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Aalith

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Character sheet
Character Name: Tokko Tsuonomi

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 3:14 am

OK, then let's play the game! Smile Enough about the radar sensor for now, and Daedalus, if you have problems with something, I'll gladly look it up for you and pm the results, because until about march, I'm just sitting in work doing nothing at all, so I have time to be a hardcore gamer, and I know most of the books pretty well. cyclops
Back to top Go down
Aalith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Aalith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 9:26 am

Hey Nougat, why 10d6? The things listed equal 15 dice, 14 if you adjust your charisma to 5, but certainly not 10. I was surprised a specialized face adept can only pull 10 dice on a negotiation test, but it turns out you have more.
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Big Daddy
Race: Troll

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 10:04 am

I guess its to early in this part of the world for me to add up 4 numbers.

pretty sad since I'm a fraggin' engineer.

Rolling more dices
Back to top Go down
DaedalusK71
Runner
Runner
DaedalusK71

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2011-12-18

Character sheet
Character Name: Kaneis
Race: Gnome

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 10:05 am

He just didn't want to scare the guy too badly...
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 10:09 am

Daed already posted the results so I will forgo the extra dice, especially seeing how I got him to double the price as it is
Back to top Go down
DaedalusK71
Runner
Runner
DaedalusK71

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 10:11 am

Yeah considering you beat his roll by nearly double as it was...
Back to top Go down
Aalith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Aalith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 11:35 am

Poor broker guy, he's just an in-between. I'm sure they don't trust him with the blueprints of the safehouse where they want the super important package to be held.
Back to top Go down
Aalith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Aalith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 12:20 pm

Bossy women characters are in nowdays. What's up guys, trying to get a piece of that sweet power the girlfriend/wife has at home? Smile I know it's unfair, but we have to learn to live with it! Very Happy (Try to pull something like Z did if you don't have a...khm, pretty face.)
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 12:26 pm

when you're rolling 15 dice against a pissant go between you get to boss him around. Against a 'real' johnson I assure you that she would show much more respect.

But I do love that she just dismissed the johnson, she has chickballs of brass today
Back to top Go down
Aalith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Aalith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 1:09 pm

OK now we have the room for an hour so we can get to pissing and hissing at each other ( meaning introductions) then the chip and such. In here OOC, I'd like to propose an idea: what do you think, democratic group or should we point out a leader who calls the shots? Either has advantages and drawbacks, so opinions?

And Nougat, why hand the chip to Andromeda? And "you know what to do"? Have you gals met before? Or do Z knows anything about her?
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 1:15 pm

Democratic most of the time. But as much as shadowrun allows. And expertise in certain regions could give extra say.
Aalith wrote:
OK now we have the room for an hour so we can get to pissing and hissing at each other ( meaning introductions) then the chip and such. In here OOC, I'd like to propose an idea: what do you think, democratic group or should we point out a leader who calls the shots? Either has advantages and drawbacks, so opinions?
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 1:16 pm

Neither,
It was calculated. She was the only other person to say anything in the meeting and it was all based on technical aspects. Z wanted the Johnson to think the group has worked together and knows what they are doing.

Agreed democratic most of the time but in situations where there is an expert then the expert's word is law. Confrence room would be Z, in combat would be Letha, when running from the cops: Andromeda, etc.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 1148
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 6:10 pm

Agreed on Democratic with specialized chars taking point when in their specific element. Its the best way to get each char their share of the 'spotlight' and thus highlight the whole reason for differing archetypes.

Ok, my fingers are tired from typing all the big words...
:p
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 11:32 am

what's the time and distance ratio?
will the team have much time to get there, will they have time to go to the safe house first, what the status on that?
Back to top Go down
DaedalusK71
Runner
Runner
DaedalusK71

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 12:08 pm

From Mickey's to the safehouse: 10-ish minutes*
From Mickeys to the Pickup: 10-ish minutes*
From the Safehouse to the Pickup: 15-ish minutes*

*assuming only moderate traffic and no interruptions
Back to top Go down
DaedalusK71
Runner
Runner
DaedalusK71

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 12:14 pm

I have a fifth if you guys are interested. I can Jedi hand wave him in right now or try to work him in later and watch the fireworks Smile

Tora
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 12:04 am

DaedalusK71 wrote:
I have a fifth if you guys are interested. I can Jedi hand wave him in right now or try to work him in later and watch the fireworks Smile

Tora
He can come with the package.
no problem with that
2 Face character, will be interesting to see them do something
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 6:11 am

Fine by me
Back to top Go down
Aalith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Aalith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 9:43 am

It will certainly be interesting and if D. thinks another face will be a good addition, I have no problem with it. I remember him saying that we have enough muscle with us for the mission so I think this will be more than a tower defense run (Tora with dodge 2 and pistols 2 wouldn't last long in a siege) and who knows what an adept and a wired face can do together?
Back to top Go down
DaedalusK71
Runner
Runner
DaedalusK71

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 9:57 am

I PM'd him and asked if he could field a Mage or a Hacker. We'll see what happens.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 12:24 pm

Thanks for catching that, SN. I'm going to have to cut back on the hallucinogenics before posting, ha!
Razz
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 12:30 pm

Or at least share Jagger
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 12:59 pm

St. Nougat [Desk at work]

Control:
We are at the safe house what do we see!!
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 1:34 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Living on the Edge - OOC
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next