Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeSaw this, and thought of all of you.  SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Saw this, and thought of all of you.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Number of posts : 1442
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Character sheet
Character Name: (0d3\/\/R3(|{
Race: Human
Sex: Male

Saw this, and thought of all of you.  Empty
PostSubject: Saw this, and thought of all of you.    Saw this, and thought of all of you.  EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 7:38 am

I know I've been out for a long time, but I've been checking the boards once a month or so when I've got a free moment. My schedule has been insane since I got back in country.

Any way, I saw this article http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/113630-Shadowrun-Online-Steps-Into-the-Light and thought if you all hadn't seen it, you'd appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 1148
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Saw this, and thought of all of you.    Saw this, and thought of all of you.  EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 5:08 am

A new Shadowrun game! Rad!
Very Happy

(and the medical researchers will have perfected one of their experimental procedures for restoring my sight before the release date, right? Right? C'mon guys, right??)
Razz
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Saw this, and thought of all of you.    Saw this, and thought of all of you.  EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 8:09 am

Let's hope this one doesn't bomb like the last one did! The XBox game was a complete waste!
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Saw this, and thought of all of you.    Saw this, and thought of all of you.  EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 5:50 pm

The old Sega game wasn't all that great either... You'd think they could do better given the awesomeness of the concept. I mean... c'mon!
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Saw this, and thought of all of you.    Saw this, and thought of all of you.  EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 7:46 pm

The only game that even came close was Fallout, and even that was barely adequate...
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Saw this, and thought of all of you.    Saw this, and thought of all of you.  EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 8:41 pm

Which is sad, because Fallout's premise is completely different. I really enjoyed the first two. The third kept more than enough of the gritty feel and canon to appease my inner child... and enough new eye-candy to appease my outer child.

I figure in a year or two I might have enough free time to play New Vegas.

There was a game in the early 2000s that was a mix of steam-punk & magic. Don't remember what it was called though. That might have been close.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Saw this, and thought of all of you.    Saw this, and thought of all of you.  EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 7:11 am

interesting how despite the general poor rating everyone gives previous Shadowrun games, everyone played them
Razz
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Saw this, and thought of all of you.    Saw this, and thought of all of you.  EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 10:21 am

I didn't play the xbox one. I heard it was really bad. I only played the Sega one because I had just gotten into Shadowrun. It wasn't very good... so I stopped, I think it had been like an hour? Of course, this was back when you could still rent a game.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Saw this, and thought of all of you.    Saw this, and thought of all of you.  EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 10:33 am

I didn't play the Sega one, I only played the XBox one. I bought it fresh off the presses, so to speak, and returned in under the "3-Day Rule". I only used one, and that's only because the store I bought it from was near work, not home, so I had to bring it back to work the next day. It was terrible.

@Wreck: Yeah, it's sad that a game from an entirely unconnected genre ends up being the closest we've come to a playable version of SR. Fallout was actually half-decent, in the end. Unlike the SR games.
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Big Daddy
Race: Troll

PostSubject: Re: Saw this, and thought of all of you.    Saw this, and thought of all of you.  EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 11:44 am

Check out the Deus Ex Series for good cyberpunk video games. Granted I only played the first one years and years ago but the recently came out with a new one
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Saw this, and thought of all of you.    Saw this, and thought of all of you.  EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 2:23 pm

My son works for GameStop, a local retail store, and he told me the same thing, St Nougat, the new Deus Ex is a good one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saw this, and thought of all of you.    Saw this, and thought of all of you.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Saw this, and thought of all of you.
Page 1 of 1