Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeJust ideas SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Just ideas

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Guy

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-08-13

Just ideas Empty
PostSubject: Just ideas   Just ideas EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 2:19 am

Not sure what I want my first character to do just yet, probably an Adept or a Mage, but maybe a Technomancer. The personality for the first one will probably reflect some of my in-experience. These are just some of the sheets for now, I guess. You can tell me if I did something wrong or not. The physical details are left blank since the gender/name and appearance will vary, I haven't got a set idea on how they'll turn out just yet, so for now it's just the Stats, for record keeping. This is using the bits and pieces of the Core Set Book that I've read up until now (relating to the setting and building characters sections).

Given that I'm a newbie, could anyone recommend me some traits to pick for Adept? I can't seem to find a list of spells anywhere (though I'll probably have them focus on things that are lightning based, mage path). For Adept I'm thinking some of the improved reflexes traits, and maybe the increased fist damage abilities, as well as sense increasing, and the ones that make them immune to sudden changes in light (like flash-bang grenades).
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

Just ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just ideas   Just ideas EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 10:08 am

Hi Guy, and welcome to SRO.

I always find that it's much easier to complete the character sheet once the character story is done. If you take the time to flesh out who your character is, then it will help the rest of us make suggestions on how to build him.
Back to top Go down
Sly Hound
Team Leader
Team Leader
Sly Hound

Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2011-03-07

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

Just ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just ideas   Just ideas EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 10:33 am

Shadowrun can also be a bit rule and choice overwhelming for new players....a good trick is to pick a theme like "Hey i want a guy thats good at parkour, Or hes really good with katana,I love hacking or stealth,I want my character to talk his way out of anything, do i like magic? if so do i want to do support magic or offensive,Does the idea of an over cybered up grunt sounds cool to me.

Once you get a couple idea of what kind a theme you want check the books out and pick everything you think will be relevant to your character and put it on a sheet...it dosent matter if your weak in some area since thats what your teamates will be there for...my only rule of thumb is my character needs to be decent with at least one weapon..usually a pistol... then try to fit what you think is the most important to you into your 400 Build Points
Back to top Go down
PresentPresence
Team Leader
Team Leader
PresentPresence

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2010-07-31

Character sheet
Character Name: яөъөсөр
Race: Human After All
Sex: French

Just ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just ideas   Just ideas EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 8:39 am

Also keep in mind that characters who are purely focused on combat will not be that fun to play during the other 80% of the run. It's also a good idea to have some points in the Stealth skill so that you can sneak into the supermax facility with the rest of your team instead of being left in the van with the rigger and hacker. Razz
Back to top Go down
Ou!!!
Meat
Meat
Ou!!!

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2010-01-18

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

Just ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just ideas   Just ideas EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 8:32 pm

PresentPresence wrote:
Also keep in mind that characters who are purely focused on combat will not be that fun to play during the other 80% of the run. It's also a good idea to have some points in the Stealth skill so that you can sneak into the supermax facility with the rest of your team instead of being left in the van with the rigger and hacker. Razz

I disagree my favorite char in shadow run was a hyper active street sam with no social or stealth skills. Granted he used a sword, was implussive but fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Just ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just ideas   Just ideas Empty

Back to top Go down

Just ideas
Page 1 of 1