Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeCharacter Concepts: Hackers/Technomancers - Page 4 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Character Concepts: Hackers/Technomancers

Go down 
+2
wngd_phantom
Wreck
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Number of posts : 1442
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Character sheet
Character Name: (0d3\/\/R3(|{
Race: Human
Sex: Male

Character Concepts: Hackers/Technomancers - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Concepts: Hackers/Technomancers   Character Concepts: Hackers/Technomancers - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 7:34 pm

The cocoon also has massive bonuses to armor and structure, so even if someone gets inside, we can maybe get to her before she's dead.

Oh, and a satellite link would be good. Either a portable one, or one built into the suv.

Where did you find the Ultrasound sensor? I like it, but I need to know how many slots it takes up.
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Number of posts : 1139
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Character sheet
Character Name: Priest Sarah Gaven
Race: ork
Sex: female

PostSubject: Re: Character Concepts: Hackers/Technomancers   Character Concepts: Hackers/Technomancers - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 10:04 pm

the ultrawideband radar is found in (arsenal, pg60)

i was off on the cost of the van as well. turns out it should be ¥25,000 for the van + ¥3,600 armor + ¥4,000 sensor = 32,600

that brings our total to: 396BP + ¥915

lets see, the ultrawideband radar takes up 2 capacity out of our vehicles 12 sensor capacity, not slots. (see page 105 in arsenal). The camera takes up another capacity, bringing us to 3/12

From what i currently understand of sensors, we role the sensor rating (in this case 4) + clearsoft rating (rating 4-6, depending on the pilot) then the specific sensor tells us what we can see, the roll itself is how well we can see it.

I wouldn't mind an internal camera and possibly an internal speaker/microphone so we can talk to whoever is in the van with us.

A rigger coccoon does sound pretty sweet if we are spending a lot of time in full VR mode, if you want to tack on the extra ¥1,500 for it go right ahead, becuase it would also be useful if we have to put someone in it.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Concepts: Hackers/Technomancers   Character Concepts: Hackers/Technomancers - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 10:38 pm

slots, capacity... potato, potato Different name for basically the same thing. I understand the reason for calling them different things, but I'll be lucky if I can ever convince my fingers of it.
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Concepts: Hackers/Technomancers   Character Concepts: Hackers/Technomancers - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 11:34 pm

anyways... got any other ideas for things we could probably use?
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Concepts: Hackers/Technomancers   Character Concepts: Hackers/Technomancers - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 4:41 am

Okay, here's what I'm thinking for the SUV:

SUV (Total Sensor Capacity:12; Total Modification Slots:13; Total Weapon Mounts:4)

Sensors
Camera Neutralizing R6
Ultrawideband Radar R4
Camera (included)
+Low Light
+Smartlink
+FlareCompensation
Camera (included)
+Low Light
+Smartlink
+FlareCompensation
Radio Signal Scanner R6
MAD Scanner R3
Directional Microphone (Internal)

Vehicle Modifications
Rigger Cocoon (Basic)
Gridlink (included)
Gridlink Override
Morphing License Plate
Spoofing Chip
Drone Rack (Mini)
Drone Rack (Mini)
Drone Rack (Mini)
Drone Rack (Small) (Also counts as a WM)
Satellite Communication
Camera (internal, this is a vehicle mod not a sensor)
+Low Light
+Thermographic
+FlareCompensation
Weapon Mount(normal)
WM(normal)
WM(normal)

NY: 44275
Remaining Capacity 0
Remaining Slots 3
Remaining Weapon Mounts 0

Last edited by Wreck on Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Concepts: Hackers/Technomancers   Character Concepts: Hackers/Technomancers - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 4:45 am

I went ahead and put three weapon mounts, but we could drop one if you want. Also I left out weapons on the mounts as well as counter tracking gear. I don't think we've got the NY for that.
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Concepts: Hackers/Technomancers   Character Concepts: Hackers/Technomancers - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 12:15 pm

Wow, um.. wow. I don't think it is going to be easy for anyone to hide from us. The drone racks sound nice and spiffy, with how much you have added to the van, how much do we have left?

The Ares Alpha is the rifle i want in the weapon mounts, it can fire in all three modes, since its in a mount it suffers no recoil, and it has grenade launchers, for the extra bit of kick.

We do have just one slight, itty bitty little problem though with all your modifications to the van, we can't afford anything else, we can't even get the rifle i like for it. Sad

Any ideas on what we could slim down on?

On the flip side, we can afford getting 3 of the LMG's that i have on the doberman, they cost 1,500 a piece. not including ammo, i would also suggest then also having the flexible flexibility added to the turrets, as well as internal visibility, which is 3,000 total per weapon mount.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Concepts: Hackers/Technomancers   Character Concepts: Hackers/Technomancers - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 3:37 pm

The book "suggests" to GMs that only 1 turret be allowed per vehicle. Unless it's a really big one, like a tank which might have two.

Flexible flexibility is strange, it says the turret can only fire in a hemisphere. If it's mounted on the roof of a van, then it couldn't actually fire at any vehicles smaller than the van... unless we were lobbing grenades or heavy ammo at a serious distance. *shrug* guess that's a GM call.

Since we can only have one turret, do you want to drop the other two weapon mounts?

We could drop the camera neutralizers, and she can rely on her hacking skills instead. It's better that way anyway, since even using camera neutralizers, some one could track you via the blinded camera route.

We could also remove the internal camera system, and just get a single camera for the interior. The problem with that, is we'd have blind spots. Lots of them.

Oh, there aren't any seats in this SUV, except the rigger cocoon. There isn't any room for them.

With the above changes, and 1 Ares Alpha(Extended Clip: Drum 100rnds), turret mounted, internal visibility, 200rnds reg ammo, 12 High Explosive grenades, 1 spare drum, one spare grenade clip.

The new grand total is:
NY: 48,225
Remaining Capacity: 4
Remaining Modification Slots: 1
Remaining Weapon Mounts: 3 (I made a mistake, we get 1 more than I thought for a total of 5)
Remaining Modification Slots for the Ares Alpha: 4

That's a total of 10 BP with NY1,775 left over.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Concepts: Hackers/Technomancers   Character Concepts: Hackers/Technomancers - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 3:39 pm

If we want to drop it any lower, we'll have to take out sensors like Ultraband Radio, maybe the MAD scanner.

That drops us to NY46,000 and gives us 7 Capacity to play with later.
It's still 10BP, but we get 4K to play with.
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Concepts: Hackers/Technomancers   Character Concepts: Hackers/Technomancers - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 3:48 pm

actually this sounds pretty good to me. and with the last grand we just button up any loose ends that we want. Otherwise i agree with your changes.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Concepts: Hackers/Technomancers   Character Concepts: Hackers/Technomancers - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 5:03 pm

Okay, I don't really feel like entering ALL of the stuff from Arsenal into my Char Gen right now, so I'm going to keep track of the Vehicle/drones in a spread sheet. The software we need I'll keep track of in the Char Gen because that's already there.

Regular Gear (Not Including SUV) + Software + other char stuff comes to 387BP. 15 of which is Gear/software(Not Including SUV).

so 387BP + 10BP (SUV) = 397.

We also have a total of 25BP in gear and currently we have NY4,065 left of that 25BP.

We still have 3BP (NY15,000 + 4,065= 19,065) for drones and such.

Will that be enough?
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Concepts: Hackers/Technomancers   Character Concepts: Hackers/Technomancers - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 5:07 pm

There may be enough room in the vehicle for the two front seats + the cocoon. No guaranties though, that's up to the GM.
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Concepts: Hackers/Technomancers   Character Concepts: Hackers/Technomancers - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 7:31 pm

actually i say thats more than enough, we are for the most part done, we have all the gear, all the ammo/drones/guns, the pimped out ride, the character with fairly decent stats, and we have a contact, what should we do?
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Concepts: Hackers/Technomancers   Character Concepts: Hackers/Technomancers - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 7:59 pm

Can you re-post the ferret drones and the doberman? With the money breakdown of upgrades, etc. I'll add that to my running total and see where we stand over all.
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Concepts: Hackers/Technomancers   Character Concepts: Hackers/Technomancers - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 8:06 pm

sure no problem, here is the breakdown for the ferrets and the doberman. what do you think our girl should call them?

Ferrets ¥14,730 total
3x Ferret RPD-1X
3x Weapon Mounts
3x Ares Predator IV
9x EX-Explosive Rounds (10 shots)(2 full clips per drone)

Doberman ¥5,300 total
GM-Nissan Doberman (Medium)
Ares MP-LMG (arsenal,p29, much better than the ingram white knight)
external smartgun
20x Regular Ammo (10 shots)(4 clips of 50 or 2 belts of 100, your pick)
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Concepts: Hackers/Technomancers   Character Concepts: Hackers/Technomancers - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 9:55 pm

I don't know about the ferrets, but the doberman should be called Fenris.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Concepts: Hackers/Technomancers   Character Concepts: Hackers/Technomancers - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 2:49 am

Are we sure we want to use the ares alpha on the SUV? If we use a belt fed weapon, the weapon mount holds 250 rounnds. Then we don't have to buy the extended clip, and we can get more shots before we have to "change" clips.

Last edited by Wreck on Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Concepts: Hackers/Technomancers   Character Concepts: Hackers/Technomancers - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 3:05 am

Okay, accounting for the drones we are at 401BP. We are over by NY300

If we drop the lower arm and shin guards, and get 250 rounds instead of 200 of regular, we are exactly at 400BP with NY50 to spare.
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Concepts: Hackers/Technomancers   Character Concepts: Hackers/Technomancers - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 3:13 am

i was just looking for something with a bit more punch just in cast, but since belt-fed is cheaper for us, then lets just go with the Ares MP-LMG, its the gun i have mounted on the doberman, and it is cheaper than the ares alpha by 200 dollars, and we would save money on ammo.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Concepts: Hackers/Technomancers   Character Concepts: Hackers/Technomancers - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 4:00 am

Okay, switching to the Ares MP-LMG with external smart gun mount lets us keep the forearm and shin guards and with the 250 rounds, we are still at 400BP with NY400 remaining.
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Concepts: Hackers/Technomancers   Character Concepts: Hackers/Technomancers - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 3:22 pm

So, except for a backstory and a name, we are done, right?
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Concepts: Hackers/Technomancers   Character Concepts: Hackers/Technomancers - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 4:46 pm

Yep
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Concepts: Hackers/Technomancers   Character Concepts: Hackers/Technomancers - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 5:38 pm

Then since you were primarily in charge of the build you get to name her.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Concepts: Hackers/Technomancers   Character Concepts: Hackers/Technomancers - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 5:42 pm

meh, I won't be playing her. I say the Player should name the Character. I do think she should at least be of some Scandinavian descent, but how much is unimportant. Also, the Player should pick some Knowledge skills, we didn't put any of those in.
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2009-02-19

Character sheet
Character Name: Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Character Concepts: Hackers/Technomancers   Character Concepts: Hackers/Technomancers - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 11:17 pm

Sorry I've not been around the past few days guys. Been working my hoop off. Took me the better part of an hour just to read through the posts to this point.

Wreck, if you want to name her, that'd be fine. The only name I've come up with is Skuld (after one of the norns). I'm still working on her backstory but here's what I've worked up so far:

She's from a small town in Iceland. She's a worshiper of the old gods, and her mother had been the local Seidhe worker. She is enthralled by the practice of magic, and wishes to learn it from her mother, but doesn't show any magical ability. She beseeches all the gods to grant her magic, so that she may follow in her mother's footsteps, but gets no answer. She does well in school though, and loves to learn. She spends hours at a time in the matrix, looking up anything that catches her interest.
That's what she was doing during the Second Crash.
She found herself trapped in the matrix as it came down around her. She blacked out, her world spiraling down into points of lights, like a thousand stars. Her sight returns slowly, and as it does she sees a trio of women appear, their hair like liquid sunlight, their skins like liquid silver. They are clad in gowns that run with alpha-numerals like individual threads made up of the data of the 'trix itself. Skuld was terrified of the three, for she knew them as the Norns, the guardians of fate.
"My name-sake," said one of the three. "You've looked for us for so long, searched for what we have to give with such fervor. Do not fear now that you have found us." Refusing to be seen as a coward, Skuld steeled herself and spoke the three.
"What would you have of your daughter?"
"We have singled you out of the weave of time and fate, young Skuld. Your thread is intertwined with those of two others. They shall be your brothers, and they shall have traveled far to find you. You will meet them in the New World, Erikson's new found land. You will know when to go to them, for we shall guide you child. When you do, you shall be their guide in this benighted century. Until that day, grow strong."
Skuld would awaken to find the song of the matrix flowing around her. She had found her magic, though it was not as she imagined. She could speak to the souls of machines. Her seidhe effected the digital matter of the matrix, her scryings peered into the databases of the world.
The day finally came, when she heard the call to come to her brothers. She heard their names, and knew where she would meet them. She stretched out in the matrix took what she needed. She left for the city of Seattle.

For knowledge skills, how about these?

Language Norwegian: N
Language Norsk: 6 (The Norns gave her the ability to speak it along with her knowledge of her brothers.)
Language English: 4

History (European): 1 (3)
Magic Background: 4
World Relgion; Norse: 1 (3)
Matrix Security: 4
Data Haven (European): 2 (4)

Please, check my math on those, I drew them up with a char gen and I'm not sure what the point total is. Is there anything you think she should know that doesn't show up there?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character Concepts: Hackers/Technomancers   Character Concepts: Hackers/Technomancers - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Character Concepts: Hackers/Technomancers
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next