Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomehelp help!! SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

help help!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Silver
Meat
Meat

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2010-09-05

Character sheet
Character Name: Felisha "Silver" Smith
Race: Human
Sex: Female

help help!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: help help!!   help help!! EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 7:13 am

There's a few things I do that help me unclog the creative ideas...

1) Answer a questionaire about your character. There's a 50-question list floating around this site, or the 20 questions in the SR Companion. It's a good way to think about character stuff 1 nugget at a time.

2) Poke around and try to find a good picture for your character. sometimes that can bring some inspiration

3) I typically write longer background stories from the character's perspective in a blog or journal style. It doesn't need to be neat then, and can written up a bit at a time.

4) Start small. Just write a paragraph with whatever basic idea you may have about your character. Then start filling it out from there as ideas come to you.

Maybe some of this will help Smile
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Number of posts : 1442
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Character sheet
Character Name: (0d3\/\/R3(|{
Sex: Male

help help!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: help help!!   help help!! EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 10:54 am

I like to start from my negative qualities. Especially the more rp heavy ones. I don't ever finish building a character before I have a good idea about his personality.
Back to top Go down
Silver
Meat
Meat

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2010-09-05

Character sheet
Character Name: Felisha "Silver" Smith
Sex: Female

help help!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: help help!!   help help!! EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 4:33 pm

Wreck wrote:
I like to start from my negative qualities. Especially the more rp heavy ones. I don't ever finish building a character before I have a good idea about his personality.

I typically have some basic idea of the character's background before I even get started on the stats. Like "Rich girl's parents die under mysterious circumstances, she starts shadowrunning to find out why". Then that influences the qualities I'll take (a rich girl should be a SINner, have lots of money, and probably shouldn't have the In Debt negative quality, for example), and what sort of approach I'll take with the way I implement the character (Rich girl gets skillwires and lots of activesofts instead of spending the BP on skills directly for the most part, and she likely has some fancy-shmancy cloths / armor / gear, as well as some cosmetic augmentation).
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Number of posts : 1442
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Character sheet
Character Name: (0d3\/\/R3(|{
Sex: Male

help help!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: help help!!   help help!! EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 5:38 pm

Similar idea for me. I wanted to run a character with no past beyond a few months. So I picked clone, don't need amnesia because he is literally only a few months old. Toss in Enemy for the Corp that grew him trying to find out where he went. Throw in Debt because, let's face it, where'd he get the money to get from Germany to UCAS? Smuggler Contact because he had to get through, and made friends on the way. etc.
Back to top Go down
Ou!!!
Meat
Meat
Ou!!!

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2010-01-18

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

help help!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: help help!!   help help!! EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 4:19 pm

My first thought is Weapon. What is this character's weapon? From an Ares Pred IV, sneaking, to Talking, etc. Why do they use it, what skills will make them better, What made them choose it? How good are they with it? Does the weapon fit them? Anyone knows the most important thing about buying a gun is can you hold it comfertablely.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

help help!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: help help!!   help help!! Empty

Back to top Go down

help help!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadowrun Online :: Library :: Archives :: Archives - :: Questions and Answers-
Jump to: