Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeMercurial OOC SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Mercurial OOC

Go down 
+4
Stampede
Gala
Sureal
T_Hawk
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2009-02-19

Character sheet
Character Name: Shadow
Race: Human
Sex: Male

Mercurial OOC Empty
PostSubject: Mercurial OOC   Mercurial OOC EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 10:40 pm

This will be the OOC page for “Mercurial” and its recruitment run. I've put it up before the actual run so that everyone can read through the information I've got to give you before we begin. This post will be very familiar to vet players from my other runs, but it should still be skimmed through at the very least.

To start with, before everyone posts into the game for the first time, I want you to put up some info here on this board.

• I want you to include the colors or manner in which you will display languages, thoughts, matrix activity, radio/cell phone communiques, etc.)

• I want you to include the information included on any SINs or fake SINs, and what type of license/fake licenses you have. Also give me a name, type, and area of activity (geographical and business-related) for your contacts.

• I want you to describe your basic "walking around" gear (i.e. the clothes you'd wear most often), and how you distribute equipment about yourself while in this garb. If it's not in this description, you'll need to change/load up in character before you have access to your equipment. Any equipment you don't mention in this description will be assumed to be stashed at your living space. (I may ask you to alter some of your load-out if I don't think someone could truly carry all this around as described.)

• I also want you describe your character in your first post (in-character, please), so that everyone gets an image of who they're dealing with. Try to capture in words how you feel your character is seen by, and how he tries to present himself to, the world. When I need to describe you, or have an NPC react to your character's appearance, I will refer to this. So, make it good: It can set the tone for your character for the rest of the campaign.

• I won't accept a post from someone on the game board without this info first.

Secondly, some notes on the game itself:

• One of my favorite quotes found on this site was this question:

Quote :
    Men in black, or pink mohawk?

This refers to the way that the world of SR is approached. The source material (especially back in the days before SR4) generally used both approaches. And it worked. Beautifully. Reading through the 3rd Ed corebook, one got a sense of a world that was bleak, dark, and hopeless. And yet some of the characters encountered within that world were beautifully whimsical.

My game will definitely be grim and dark for the most part. To me, the future described in Shadowrun, where megacorporations control the world and are trying to squeeze every last dime they can out of its people before it's all gone, where the government is just as bad if not worse because of its hypocrisy, and where everyone thinks greed is a far more desirable trait than compassion, seems an all too real possibility. It's a world where you wouldn't notice the sun shining in the sky because it would be all you could do to keep watching the ground in front of you, afraid of taking a wrong step. The chaos and upheaval of the Awakening just adds to the overall feeling of being lost in a world where everything is against you.
    Yet, oddly enough, finding the occasional character with a bright and/or outlandish personality (or appearance, as the pink mohawk suggests) amongst all these shadows and grim realities somehow makes such a world more believable and alive than it would be otherwise. It gives it character and makes it breath.

So, expect the world to be severe, dark, and grim. Expect it to be full of people who seem to think that black is the ultimate fashion statement, who smoke enough to kill a bull elephant in a minute, who have more bad habits than you could describe if you sat down and did nothing but list them for a year, who will be selfish, self-centered, and out to get ahead no matter how many corpses they have to climb over in the process, or who will be completely hopeless and just trying to get by, no matter how many corpses they have to ignore in the process... and occasionally, just occasionally, to be wearing a pink mohawk while they abuse your human rights for their own agendas.

Notes on gameplay itself (these rules are posted on the want-ad, but I'm replicating them here for future reference):

• Edge is limited off the bat to 5. I limit it off the bat since it can be applied to any roll, which makes it more potentially unbalancing than any other stat, but dice pools may be limited if I get a lot of character submissions with pools so high that failure is a statistical outlier.

• Essence loss: One of the mages has just gotten their arm blown off by a ganger with a wide-bore shotgun. The team manages to save the magician's life. However, the magician finds that the wound has caused them to lose essence, and that their magic is now much weaker than it was before.

• Damage: Wounding will occur, especially if someone fails on a damage resistance test. Expect wounds to be a real problem, and for damage to stick with you through the story. While most everything can be healed, not everything can be taken care of by a medkit. If you've lost an arm, you'll have to see a doctor, or at least get the team healer into an operating room, before you can expect to be back on the road to full health.

• Defense: Full defense can only be entered into on your action phase (there are some power/maneuver combinations that can get you around this... sometimes). Dodge will only be applied against ranged attacks when the situation warrents it, or if the character is using Full Defense. So expect to be rolling only Reaction against most ranged attacks. Melee attacks will generally allow you to use your dodge/parry/gymnastics ability though. The difference between using dodge and just using reaction is if you are aware that an attack is coming at you. This can be difficult to do in a fire-fight with multiple opponents. In such a situation, it is not always apparent who's aiming at who, and you have little concentration to spare for anyone except the enemy in front of you.

On Rolls:

• In the past, I've had players roll for themselves and their targets when in combat, in the hopes of making combat go faster. This time around, I will have you roll only for yourself. I will supply the results of your actions (though I want you to describe what you're doing when you post your rolls.) If things slow down, I may have you start rolling for your opponents as well.

• I will not always show the results of an opposed roll. I will almost never show the opposed roll for a social test. You will need to determine the outcome for yourselves based on in-game context and results. I will award extra dice for the person making the test if they do a good job in making their argument, threat, speech, etc. Likewise, I will apply negative dice for bad arguments etc.

• There are some things that you can't talk a person into, no matter how good you are with words, or how scary you can be. If you want the UCAS Army sergeant, who is well known to be a hard-case but to actually love his men, to turn around and walk away after you've killed one of his soldiers right in front of his eyes... Well, don't be surprised when you hear him chamber a new round into his rifle as a reply. Of course, if you're dealing with a sergeant whose only concern is getting off on easy duty until he can retire, and padding that retirement fund by selling military supplies on the black market in the meantime, you may very well be able to convince him to walk away.

The situation is key, and will often determine a lot about how the game evolves.

• Very Important: When you post rolls, I want you to use this site. At the bottom, where it says "notes" I want you to include:

• What the action is for. I.e. "Perception roll upon walking into the bar." (including the bar's name)

• Your dice pool formula: I.e. Attribue # + Skill # +/- modifier #'s.

• If in combat, I want this formula on every roll: Turn#:Initiative Pass #:(Action Type): Description of action (the same as I mentioned above, and may be substituted for that).

Abbreviate if you wish, so long as I can definitely tell what you're trying to say. I have no problem with a note that looks like this: T1:IP3:SA (For simple action): Att (attack) vs. Ganger #1. Note that if I can't tell what you're saying, I may ask you to re-roll with clearer notation.

• If you do not have these notes on a roll, I will not accept it! Best case scenario then is that I will re-roll for you, and you'll have to take whatever comes from that.

• I also want your rolls recorded in the post they are made in. The post should contain the same information I've asked be noted on the rolls themselves. This will let me pair a roll with its context.

Here's an example of how this works:

Shadow is facing down a Go-ganger. The street is dark, and the sodium-lamps lining the street have been destroyed by vandals long ago, save for one lone remainder down at the far end of the street. Shadow grits his teeth and raises his Predator IV. He takes a moment to place the white dot of his smartgun targeting system between the ugly trog's eyes before pulling the trigger.

Simple Action: Take Aim

Simple Action: Attack (Pred IV) vs. Ganger

Agility 5 (Improved Attribute +1) + Pistols 5 (Semi-Auto +2) + 1 Take Aim (1 SA) + 2 smartgun – 2 partial light = 14 dice = 8 hits

Note how and what I put in the actual post, and how and what I put in the roll link. This is how all your rolls should look.

• A further note on rolls: I will sometimes ask you to revise a roll with modifiers that I'll supply. When possible, I will give these modifiers to you before you actually make a roll, but sometimes I may simply be unable to do so.

• Add modifiers in to your rolls as per the examples given in the Corebook. Generally, these will be perfectly suitable, and I encourage you to do so. In general, this saves time and can often give me a hint of what you're trying to accomplish within the mechanics of the game. There may be times, however, when I'll ask you to remove one, or alter one.

On GMing:

• I will make rulings as we go along. I will also make mistakes. Whenever you see something happening that you take exception with, I encourage you to bring this to my attention. You may do so on this thread, or by PMing me. I will always take under consideration anything you say, and will research your views according to source material when possible and/or applicable. (So it really helps if you give me page numbers to which to refer when you bring these matters up.)

• However, when I make a ruling, it needs to stick. Even if it's a wrong. So, once I've decided on something, we need to let the matter drop. If I later discover that my ruling was in error, I will post a statement stating so on this board (as well as why), so that in the future we can do things correctly. But the ruling itself applies to the instance in which I make it.

• I've got matters that occupy (and often preoccupy) me in real life. Unfortunately, some of these matters require that I give them more of my time and energy than I can give to the boards here. I will do my best to let you know when I won't be able to update, especially if the time in question is more than a day or two. Please bear with me when this occurs. It is, unfortunately, unavoidable.

On Players and Characters:

• Be civil to the other players. Arguments happen, but we must always approach them in an adult manner. I know it seems like the sort of thing that's so obvious it doesn't need to be stated... but the fact that I'm including it on this post shows that the matter has come up before. I will never, ever tolerate one player being abusive to another. If it happens, I will take steps to rectify the situation up to and including banning the player from the game. If it gets to that point, I will most likely message Digital Doom and ask to have the player banned from the site as well.

• In character, in the game, you are free to RP however you want, even if the character you are role-playing is not a very nice person and the things that they do even less so. That being said, I expect you, as a player, to exercise discretion. If you want to roleplay a situation that may be morally objectionable, think about it hard. Then think about it some more. Then PM me asking whether or not it's alright, especially when it involves another player ('s character.) And don't forget this is a PG-13 site.

• I expect my players to differentiate between the player sitting across from them at our virtual table, and the character they play in the game. The two are not the same. Nor are they even more than remotely related at times. If a character is slotting you off, do not take it out on the player. And vice versa.

• Don't metagame. I know it's hard, and I've fallen into this trap myself at times. OOC information is not usable in character. Even though you, the player, may know that something bad is about to happen when you walk into that abandoned warehouse, or into that Aztechnology R&D laboratory, your character probably won't. Oh, they may be paranoid and prepared. That's part of running the Shadows. But if I think you're using OOC knowledge, or basing your actions off of what you think would work best in the game as opposed to what your character would do, I will call you on it. For minor infractions, I'll probably just warn you over PM that you seem to be metagaming a bit. For major infractions, I will most likely delete your post and then have you make up a new one without the offending actions.

• As it happens to me, I expect it will happen to you at some point. Life gets in the way. I absolutely understand, and commiserate. That being said, if you let me know ahead of time that it will be happening, it will keep the game from slowing down. I can play your character for you (and reserve the right to do so) when you're not going to be around to play him yourself. If I think that a player's holding up the game by not posting, I will move them regardless of whether they've asked me to do so or not. But if I know that someone's going to be gone, it will help me keep the game moving quickly, as I usually wait a day or two before I take things into my own hands.

• Everyone can die. I try for realism in my games, and it's absolutely possible (in some cases, even probable) that your character may bite the big one at some point. Believe it or not, I don't like for this to happen any more than you do (yes, even when it seems like I'm going out of my way to kill you!) But according to the rules of the game and the story we're telling... well, sometimes it's unavoidable. I intend for my run to test your characters, and sometimes they won't pass. When that happens, death may be the result.
    But... that's part of where the fun of the game come in. After all, how enjoyable would it be to never have death or failure as a possibility? To walk through the game without exerting yourself at all, and have tons of karma and loot drop in your lap? For me that's worse than boring. I hate it when there is no challenge. So, death is possible in this game, and there are going to be times when it will be a more than likely outcome.

• There are consequences to your actions in character. As mentioned before, I try for a certain amount of realism in my games. Shadowrunners are professional criminals: keeping to the shadows keeps them alive and running. Hence the name. However, your character is often perfectly capable of killing just about anyone they meet, and may be tempted to do so as a matter of convenience (or perhaps boredom... though I hope not). You are, of course, free to to this. As I've mentioned before, I want you to play your character however you want. But be aware that there will be consequences to your actions in game. If you blow up a building downtown, don't expect the police to sit around and twiddle their thumbs, while remarking how awesome the fireball from the explosion was.

• Play creatively. Creative thinking will get you out of just about any situation. Just about. Does that heavily cybered ganger have your mage on the ground, staring down the barrel of a gun aimed right between his eyes? Sure, you might be able to nail him with a spell before he pulls the trigger. Maybe. But how else can you get out from under the gun? Do you know anything about his gang that might help? Or maybe you suspect his employer is the big bad you're running against. The one who wants to level the ganger's neighborhood to clear the way for a new shopping mall. Maybe the best thing to do is faint and hope the ganger won't shoot someone who's already unconscious.
    The moral here is think. You're not always going to be the baddest razorboi on the street. So it will behoove you to use your mind as well as your muscle. I encourage you to put yourselves in your character's shoes, and try to think about what you would do in a situation like that. How would you get out of it?

• Above all else, I want you to have fun. That's the reason we're playing, right?

That's about it. Let me know if you've got any thoughts or questions. Oh, and before we start remember:

“Watch your back; shoot straight; conserve ammo; and never, ever cut a deal with a dragon.”
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Character sheet

Mercurial OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mercurial OOC   Mercurial OOC EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 11:28 pm

A few notes on the world of "Mercurial" for the those who haven't encountered the Sixth World before 2070 (and perhaps a refresher for those who have):

One of the biggest differences you will find between 2050 and 2070 is that there is no wireless Matrix. Instead, accessing the Matrix is accomplished through cyberware. A datajack is necessary for a character to enter into the voluntary mutual hallucination that embodies the digital shadow of the world.

Messages (re: text messages and emails) can be sent over comm units. These aren't your 'links though: they're usually stationary video-phone units. Think of a personal computer with fewer bells and whistles, as well as real-time video-chat. Cell-phones are also around, though they're mostly used to inter-personal voice-calls.

What does this mean for you as players? First off, most of you won't be interacting with the Matrix. You won't be able to use your 'links to communicate with each other on a run. Instead, you'll rely on either cellphones (hand-held or head-ware models) or radio-mic relays to talk with anyone not in shouting distance. Secondly, hackers don't exist yet: instead, we have deckers, so-called because in order to ply their trade they require large, intricate "decks" ("Axes" in decker lingo -but if you use that term you'd better know how to sling code, chummer, or you're likely to offend the wrong slot and find your bank account empty alluvasudden!) which are essentially dedicated coding-dedicated computers that resemble overly complicated keyboards. In addition to a deck, a decker will also require a datajack to access the Matrix. This is where the term "jacked-in" originally came from.

Riggers require an eponymous cyberware augmentation and datajack to interact with drones and vehicles. While drones and vehicles can still be remotely piloted, a rigger in 2050 doesn't have the wireless infrastructure common in the future to held him route his signal, and is limited by whatever bandwidth he can bring with him. Vehicles don't come with the high-powered computer pilots common to 2070 models off the lot. You'll find a lot more "dumb" cars around than you would in the future. A rigger has to have specific modifications installed on a vehicle before he can use it.

Automatic account deductions of credit aren't how you do business. The certified cred-stick is how you pay for things. Some places (especially in the ghettos and slums) still use paper currency as a medium of exchange... but if you try to pay for something with cash in one of the more upscale establishments (such as a corporate arcology, for instance) you'll find security heading down to have a chat with you.

Beyond the Matrix and other technology-related issues, you'll find that 2050's streets tend to be a bit... meaner than those you've seen before. By 2070 the world has adapted to the Awakening. Sure, the Comet and the Second Crash are still putting a hurt on some folks... but these problems had the benefit of coming after the catastrophes that afflicted the world at the turn of the century. People had learned how to deal with them... at least, they knew a bit more about how to deal with them than did their grandparents and great-grandparents.

However, in 2050 the various social, economic, and magical catastrophes that shaped the 6th World are all too fresh in the minds of its people. The Night of Rage wasn't but 11 years ago, and all metas and paras are viewed with suspicion, distrust, and outright malice (yes, even elves and dwarves!) While dragons may sit in boardrooms and host television talk shows, no one really trusts the various sentient beings who have suddenly appeared in the world that was once humanity's alone, and there are more than a few people who believe that everything would be a lot better if they were all gone.

Similarly, magic is viewed with paranoid distrust. While in 2070 your average citizen may not exactly regard magic as a boon to mankind, he'll likely have a better opinion than would his 2050 counterpart, due to having been exposed to decades of media glorifying it in holo and trideo serials. While magic may not be understood in 2070, it's downright feared in 2050. At least, for the most part. There are enlightened individuals out there, in regard to magic and metahumanity... but to find one you might have to canvas a neighborhood or two.

You'll also find that law and order aren't quite what they are in 2070. The idea of private police corporations is still relatively new, and this is reflected in Lone Star and Knight Errant's performance. For the most part, they serve and protect primarily in those areas that are paid-up on their subscriptions, and everyone else can rot. Everyone's got their problems, right chummer? And there're too many going around for them to take care of those who can't afford their premiums.

As a result go-gangs and other criminal elements are rampant in the more impoverished areas of the sprawl (and the world, for that matter.) While gangs are a problem in 2070, expect them to be the catastrophe-du-jour in 2050. Wrapped in studded leather, often sporting outlandish appearances, and mean enough to make a rattle-snake slither away right quick, these motorcycle-riding criminals are often the de-facto law in certain neighborhoods. Just pray they're not bored. Or hungry.

Shadowrunners have been around for a little while... but in 2050 they're only just becoming part of the mass consciousness of the world. They're still regarded more as criminals, murderers, and terrorists than as glamorous outlaws. Fortunately, the collapse of the 20th Century nations and their replacement as the powers-that-be by the MegaCorps, as well as the Awakening and it's own particular brew of problem have created a world where sometimes the only way to get something done is to hire one of those SINless specialists who can work the extra-legal (and illegal) trenches that surround the so-called "civilized" world.

The world economy of 2050 is even shakier than that of 2070, if you can believe it. The gulf between the "haves" and the "have-nots" can best be described in units usually reserved for astronomic measurements. The governments of the world haven't recovered from their troubles earlier in the century, and the MegaCorps more-or-less have carte-blanche to do whatever they want, to whoever they want, and there are no consequences. At least, none that they're worried about. At this point in history, the worst thing that can happen to one of the AAA 'Corps is to lose a few points on their stocks.

Of course, when you see their stocks take a dip like that, there's usually a whole mess of dead people, burned buildings, and lost rights that go along with it which will never make it to your trideo set. Why? Well, for starters your local news is likely owned by the company that just took the hit.

But yeah... your job's not going to be easy, omae. These shadows all around? They're dark. And there ain't no lights to be seen anywhere.
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Character sheet

Mercurial OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mercurial OOC   Mercurial OOC EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 12:02 am

Alright. I believe I've got everyone who's submitted a character approved and ready for the mission. We're about to start the in-character interviews, so I'll need you all to post up the info requested on this page ASAP. Remember, without that info here, you can't post into the game. Which means that your character might keep the biz-wiz setting up the team waiting at the appointed hour. Not good etiquette, eh chummer?

Also: For those of you who sometimes use foreign languages in character: I like it when people actually use the language in question, rather than just indicating its use. For one thing, it's more immersive. For another, it cuts down the temptation to metagame.

I don't require this, though.

If it's something you would like to do, but you yourself do not know the language(s) your character can speak, you can always ask for help. There are several polyglots on the boards here, and most of them are right helpful.

In that vein, I can help anyone who needs translations for Japanese or Spanish. I can try to help out with a few other languages as well (French, German, Italian, Latin, Mandarin) but I won't guarantee accuracy. For Sperethiel and Orz'et, there are online dictionaries. In Sperethiel's case in particular, blending the current vocabulary with Gaelic provides a fairly convincing product.

But, that's all an aside. The main thing I need from all our prospective players now is the information I requested in my first post. Also, if any of you have any questions about the differences in the setting (2050's Seattle as opposed to 2070's Seattle) please feel free to post them and I'll supply answers as best I'm able. If you have any such questions, better to ask them now than get bit later by something you didn't know.
Back to top Go down
Sureal
Team Leader
Team Leader
Sureal

Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2010-06-07

Character sheet
Character Name: Medusa (Face)
Race: Elf
Sex: Female

Mercurial OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mercurial OOC   Mercurial OOC EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 2:11 am

Faith
Mercurial OOC A11
Speech .......Green
Cell Phone ..Red
Latin ..........Yellow
Thoughts ...Orange
Astral .........Pink
Actions .......blue

Sin...........Mercurial OOC Faith_12

Fake Sin..
Mercurial OOC Fake_f10

Day To Day Items….I wear my form-fitting armor under my Executive Suite a girl cant be to careful these days. I do carry a small gun cavalier Scout in my left jacket pocket and the 5 spare clips on my belt on the back. My Cell phone hangs on my belt on the left side. My glasses I keep in there case in my right hand pocket and my most important items my sins are in my notebook alone with pen are kept in my inside right hand pocket of my jacket.

Who I am or Who I hope I am....In a British Accent... That’s a good question well I try to be a confident woman but most of the time it comes across as being a bitch. Don't let the blond hair fool you being only 5' 6" 110 pounds I have learn to handle myself, and stop giving me that look you git I really do weight only 110 pounds. For the most part I come off cold unfeeling and heartless, and for awhile I was that person. I know I have done some things in my past that I am not proud of. I am chokes back tears really I am trying to make amends for all my sins. While I know I cant just wave my hand and make everything better. turns away and tries to wipe away the tears with out you seeing Sorry there must be dust in the air my eyes wont stop watering. After a few moments gathering her composure I find if i keep up the cold bitch persona most people leave me alone.

Contacts

Talismonger(L2 C2) Madam Elisha has a shop near the king county fair grounds in Puyallup she a palm reader during the fair for extra cash.
Mercurial OOC Tas10

Fixer (L3 C3) Marcus Church well he is at umm hell i dont even know where is is he just seams to find me when there is a job but every time we do meet is has been in Seattle.
Mercurial OOC Fixer10

Last edited by Sureal on Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:16 pm; edited 12 times in total
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala

Mercurial OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mercurial OOC   Mercurial OOC EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 7:05 am

Ok, updated below:

Last edited by Gala on Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:09 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Stampede
Runner
Runner

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2010-07-04

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

Mercurial OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mercurial OOC   Mercurial OOC EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 11:33 am

Colors (Languages other than English are explicitly stated):
Normal talk
Mumbling / Whispering
Shouting
Thaught communication, e.g. with spirits
Handy or Matrix
Descriptions and thaughts

Original SIN: Thomas Vic Sanford, CAS, Born in Memphis, 2026-05-07, Wanted for involuntary homicide and desertion
Fake SIN Level 4: Rave Wistler, UCAS, Born in Seattle, 2024-09-13, Security Guard in Seattle working for a firm located in Boston, resident in Seattle Barrens

Fake License Level 4: Ares Predator II
Fake License Level 4: Smartlink II
Fake License Level 4: Muscle Replacement 2
Fake License Level 4: Wired Reflexes 2

Impacts height is 1,78 m and he weighs 88kg. He looks like the guy in the following picture, just a little younger:
Mercurial OOC Vic-ma10
His datajack is behind the left ear.

Impact has 3 typical gear sets: a) "Day to day life", b) "Upperclass business" and c) "On the run"
If not stated otherwise, he wears the "Day to day life" gear.

a) Day to day life:

His Day to day life - Gear is similar to the things he wears on the picture in character section. A blue jeans or cargo pants, biker boots, a jeans or leather jacket and a shirt over form fitting body armor (half). He wears the quick draw holster below his jacket, with his Ares Predator II in it, normally loaded with gel ammunition. He has two spare clips in the inside pocket of his jacket, one loaded with gel and one with Ex-Ex ammo. The silencer is in the inside pocket on the other side. His mobile (a prepaid registered to the Fake SIN) is in his pants pocket, as well as a credsticks with between 50 and 250Y and the Fake SIN and his Fake Licenses.

b) Upperclass business

This is the gear he wears for business meetings, like Johnson meetings or undercover runs in upper class. Depending on the location at hand he has no weapon (if he really really really can't avoid it, the AAA security area, bellevue 5 star hotel or stuff like that, where the Fake License might not help him either because of high level scanners) or his Ares Pred (loaded with gel ammo) in the concealed holster of his Actioneer business suit (classical black + white with the bow tie). The silencer is in the inside pocket of the suit, like the Fake SIN and Licenses, and one spare clip is on the belt in the back (Ex-Ex ammo).

c) On the run

This is the gear for combat missions. Impact wears his military boots, flecktarn cargo pants, flecktarn shirt over his form fitting half body armor and an armor vest. The armor vest is similar to an arsenal, with 6 spare clips for his assault rifle (3 gel, 3 ex ex), the silencer for his Ares Pred, as well as two flash grenades and two gas grenades (pepper punch) for the grenade launcher of his assault rifle. On the belt in the back he has 3 spare clips for his Ares Pred (2 ex ex, 1 gel). The assault rifle with the additional clip modification is loaded with one clip exex and one clip gel and is additionaly hold by a robust lanyard. If available he has a trauma patch and two stimulant patches in the inside pockets of his vest. He wears a quick draw holster with his Ares Pred (loaded with gel) in it. At the belt hangs a Tonfa in a special sling-holster.

(On a rainy day somewhere in the southeastern barrens)
*I'll never get used to these strange folks* he thinks as he pays his stuff at the stuffer shack watching the orc on the other side of the desk trying to hit one number at a time on the pad. He grabs his plastic bag and walks out onto the rainy street. Just as he leaves the shack and sets his foot on the street he stops for a moment, scanning the street especially the people. After he is convinced that all the people are acting normal and noones paying attention to him he walks on. Taking some extra turns arround the block carefully watching if some people show up a little too often and accidental he arrives at his little backyard appartment. 2 rooms, one including a small kitchen unit and a separate little bathroom not worth the designation.
He sits down at the little plastic table right next to kitchen unit with a hot soy-"coffee", an apple (yeah, quite expensive these days) and a donut *made of...whatever they make such things these days* he whispers to himself. After his breakfast he stands up and goes to a niche in the other room where a blue sports bag is laying on the floor.
"Time for our little day to day meeting honey" he says showing a smile including some "I'm nuts"-irony. He takes the bag with him back to the table and pulls an Ares Alpha assault rifle and a small weapon-foster-kit out of the bag. "Hey Josephine, what have you planed for the day?" he says grinning again as he starts cleaning up the weapon and checking the ammunition. "Yeah right, a little boring the last days, hu? But don't worry, I hear rumors there's work to get done, soon." The grin vanishes and a stonecold facial expression appears as he continues "I just hope they don't send us with such a fool again. Fracking bloody amateur, nearly got us all killed. Thaught he could just talk us past the security guards. But nooo, these guys have magical security and an .. how do these freaks call it...adept with two spells on him attracted a little attention. Damn magic stuff, not worth drek, just gets you into trouble. All of a sudden hell broke loose and the guards started shooting, but we showed them, didn't we honey?" he nearly shouts with a grin coming back on his face while he pats the assault rifle. He puts the gun and the kit back. He changes to training clothes and assumes shape in front of the mirror. "There still work to do" he mumbles looking at the mirror. He seems to fall face down and intercepts the fall with his hands in the last second, starting to train with push-ups.

Contacts:
Lionel Zuna: A Fixer in Seattle. Contact is purely business related, Impact got that contact for just a few weeks, made a few runs through him.

Last edited by Stampede on Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Character sheet

Mercurial OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mercurial OOC   Mercurial OOC EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 6:48 pm

Good deal. I would like to clarify a few things:

With your sins, I need more than just a name. I need corporate affiliation and/or nationality, date of birth, and an address. Sort of like a drivers license plus passport. (Stampede, you did a good job here.)

With licenses, I'll need the type of license: conceal & carry, federal firearms (for anything with more steel than a semi-auto), vehicle license (and type, if more than a commercial car), etc. (Stampa, ditto.)

I really like what you've all written for your descriptions, but I'd like a physical run-down as well. This helps me when I need to describe your character in my posts. I can say something other than "<insert char-name here> does x, y, z." It also helps your fellow players know who (and, in some cases, what) they're looking at. But I do like the emotional/visual impact descriptions you've all put up. Good job.

Also, don't forget the info on your contacts. I need where they are... and what they do. For example:

Wayne Greymoor: Black Market Armorer: Smuggler running with a group out of Seattle (Everett) to various Pacific ports. Works in his crew's armory, modifying, upgrading, and customizing weapons for the group, as well as their more discerning customers.

Last edited by T_Hawk on Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Number of posts : 1139
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Character sheet
Character Name: Priest Sarah Gaven
Race: ork
Sex: female

Mercurial OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mercurial OOC   Mercurial OOC EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 9:50 pm

"Cá bhfuil sí?"[Gaelic] His usual airy Irish accent was sharpened against the coarse words that he spoke. His wife had been taken for months now, and yet he has had no clue to where she could be, none. His outfit, a simple 3 button black business suit, belied little information about him, except that he had the cred-stick to burn on clothing. Beneath most of his clothes, and hidden inside the leather jacket however were things that stated that nuyen and clothes were the very very last things on his mind, "Cá bhfuil sí?" Where is she, the only phrase that repeated itself through this wandering man's mind.

The most obviously striking feature about the man was that his long platinum blond hair contrasted with the draconian scaled form of his black cyber arm, the machine was like any normal arm, except this one had scales that extended past his head, and the physique that looked like it went beyond what the man was normally capable of. He moved through the crowd quite easily, some of the people avoiding the odd looking man, others he seemed to flow right through them, like a ghost that was already lost to the world.

His fingers played back and forth against each other on his cybernetic arm, they moved with nearly preternatural speed and most on lookers would think that he was playing some sort of game, or trying to feel once again with the hand that was no longer truly his. In reality he was keeping another part of his mind busy by mentally ticking off each item that he had on his person, each item that was truly necessary to his very survival. First finger flicked several times, counting off the two items that were magically enhanced. The first would be the arm itself, it looked to be ordinary enough, but if one were to touch it, it would feel as if they had just stuck there hand against a frozen pole in winter, if a careful onlooker cast a suspicious gaze at the arm, they would see that it was covered in lines of Gaelic runes that when combined made the arm an even more imposing threat. he ticked more times for more items, the autopicker in his black leather wallet in his back pocket along with the Fake SiN's that he had in there as well.

Each carried an off shoot of his name, but the pronunciation was the same. Tour, who lived just a few blocks down from his current home, was a real estate broker, which made sense since that was supposedly the upper crust side of the neighborhood, they shared a birthday, although Tour was one year younger than him. They were also the same nationality, from the emerald isles that is now the Tir nation. The other false sin was closer to the real deal, but still enough to bluff with. Tyr was a corporate exec that lived in Seattle as well, although this man lived in one of the most expensive suites available at the space needle's hotel. While Tour may have been the same age as the man, Tyr was twenty years older, although shared the same day and month. These two false identities seemed to do him a good bit of work lately, they quite people that might catch him sniffing around, should he care enough to actually talk to them instead of using some of his more playful options.

"Cad é atá againn anseo?"
His eyes wandered down a familiar alleyway, a minor look of concern on his features as he saw two men corner a lady in the back, her hair reminded him of Aleanah, and that was enough to draw his attention, "Níorbh fhéidir go mbeadh sé?" Seeing the threat to the woman caused the heat in his body to seemingly shut off, his usually sparkling blue eyes turning darker and colder, much like the underside of a glacier at midnight. He felt power coarse through his veins, a power that emanated from the locket on the inside of his clothing and the beneath the form fitting full body suit that protected him from the nastiest of bullets. Switching on the thermal sun glasses that he wore, he saw them in a different life, heated rage that needed to be snuffed. He stalked the men, keeping in mind the tight quarters as his long leather coat seemed to flare lightly from the breeze that he created. Mist entered the area, thick and filling the void quickly as the usually warm humid air of the alleyway seemed to begin to feel closer and closer to an arctic chill blowing down from Canada. The temperature drop and the mist itself seemed to create a coating along the bare skin of the thugs, the freezing water causing the briefest amounts of pain, not unlike a bee sting, as the weight of the water forced the droplet to fall off the skin, the woman being left out of the arctic chills wake. "Ye who attack a helpless woman, ye who bring pain to where it is not meant to be. Ye two who have decided to take what is not yours, take what I have to offer ye. Your lives, run from this place, run from this frozen hell i will imprison ye in, and live to see another day, and ye will see changes for the better." The two men, although shivering and turning colors from the cold air, smiled to one another, thinking this man but just a talker, much as this woman had tried to, and failed miserably.

They came rushing at him, running at full sprint till they hit the patch of ice that he had frozen along the ground, failing to keep their balance and falling to the ground, feet against the wet, cold pavement as the ice shifted, beneath their hands. It came in quickly, but easily slow enough to move out of the way, had they not seen the sight and been frozen stiff. the ice warped itself and created long tendrils that wrapped itself around the neck, ankles, and wrists of each man, freezing them face first against the ground, the freezing flesh against the sheets of glacial water that cooled them down further. "Ye chose to attack your better. Ye chose to try to fight a man who has every capability of ending your life. Know this gentlemen, i leave ye with my gift, only at a cost, the ice shall freeze your flesh, and if you try to move at all, even to shiver, your very skin will suffer the after effects of frost bite, and ye will be in more pain then ye can possibly imagine. It will be shortly after I leave that the ice melts, and ye can both leave in the peace of the All-father."

He walked away from them, to the woman who was stricken with horror. Most people feared mages, they feared that with such great power, one of them could conquer the world, and before the draining effects of his spells could take hold, he took the woman's hand and led her out of the alleyway, hurrying through the crowds with the dark haired lady tucked under his sheltering left arm, for fear his cyber arm would frighten her too much at the moment. He mentally rattled off his list of contacts that could help her. She had no need of a black market fencer in Portland, and no need of his fixer. Watcher kept on the move in Seattle, but always kept him alert, but she did need a safe place to rest till help arrived. Taking out a playing card from inside his coat pocket, "Ye are not the one I search for, this man will take ye in till you can get help, ask for a royal flush, he will know who sent ye and give ye a room for the night, if not longer." He tucked the card into her hands and shoved her into the bar doors as he moved back into the crowded streets, now a few blocks away from the combatants of earlier, he let out a brief breath as he continued down the streets of Seattle, ticking the last finger of his cyber hand, and the list rattled off again, a fake Realtor license (useful for getting into properties), the earbud that was tucked into his front pocket that had a few modifications, the hardliner gloves that was in his breast pocket, the insurance card for the basic services of Doc Wagon inc., and lastly the universal pass port, he carried at least 200y in credsticks on him at all times.

"Cá bhfuil sí?" Where is she, Once again the question ran through his mind, a lithe bit of familiar depression at his failure of finding her once again as his cell phone rang, it was Watcher. "You are needed, King of Diamonds."

Languages:

Red for Gaelic.
Orange for English.
Thoughts are in italics.
Matrix activity in Green.
Communication over Cell Phone or Radio: <Inside Brackets.> Sub-vocal gets double brackets <<>>.

Picture:
Mercurial OOC Death_knight_talents

Picture holds only to facial features, hair color, skin color and grooming. Clothing and all else are described elsewhere below. Has a cyberarm, specially modded so that the skin is composed of black scales. Stands at 6' even. Slight body, lean build. Wiry, but not without strength. Fit, though slightly malnourished due to stress and forgetfulness.

Gear:

Normal Day-to-day (and all other occasion):
Form-fitting Full body armor, worn beneath chic clothing, beneath a leather jacket.
Magical Foci: within the innards of his arm, near shoulder joint. Small bead of orichalcum attached to the socket bearing, set so that it touches the inner flesh of his shoulder through the ally casing between the meat shoulder and the cyberarm.
Magical Foci: Picture of his wife in a locket. The locket is worn around his neck, between his skin and the FF body armor.
White noise generator: Right lower jacket pocket.
Cell-phone: Wrist-flip model, worn around right wrist.
Radio Transciever: Clipped to belt, set around to the left and rear.
Radio Head-Set and Subvocal mic: Carried in right front pants pocket.
SIN and Licenses: Carried in right rear pants pocket.
Hardliner Gloves: Right breast pocket, jacket.
Thermo-glasses: Worn whenever socially acceptable.
Auto-picker: Left lower jacket pocket.
Doc-Wagon Contract: Medalert bracelet, on right wrist, above cellphone.

Home: Magical Lodge Materials (books, reagents, athame, incense, prepared chalk, ruler, brazier, charcoal, tallow candles (2 dozen). Kept in study.

Fake Sin #1: Tour Orleans, Tir na nOg citizen (Resident Alien, UCAS). Employee of Hardesty Realtors, LLC. Date of Birth: 3-15-2026. SIN: 2C2U-8K6B-AL17

Fake Sin #2: Tyr O'Broin, Tir na nOg Citizen. Resident Alien, UCAS. Employee of Gaeatronics, Inc. Date of Birth: 3-15-2028. SIN: 9G4A-0C3E-QN49

Fake License: Realtor, Hardesty Realtors, LLC.

Bartender: "John" at Shorty's, 2222 2nd Ave, Seattle. Good to go to hear the word from upstairs or down in Downtown.

Black Market Fencer: Richard Corder, next to Voodoo donuts 22 Southwest 3rd Avenue, Portland, Tir. Specializes in illegal magical paraphernalia.

Game Watcher: Name Unknown, identifies himself as Roarke. Currently in residence in Seattle Space-needle. Has connections with 'runner contacts in the city.

Last edited by wngd_phantom on Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

Mercurial OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mercurial OOC   Mercurial OOC EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 8:10 am

Street Name: Ashe

Spoken words: "Green, Bold, Quotations"
Thoughts: - Hyphenated, Green, Italics.
Other Languages: Will be preceded and followed by a {Language} designation.

1 Fake SIN: Name on file: Ashe Galanodel

Walking around gear:
Chic Clothes.
Fake SIN - Ashe Galanodel, Address: High Lifestyle, Downtown Seattle (I'll look it up later...), Born: 6/13/2029 (I will check against my questionnaire later), No current or past corporate affiliations.
Fake License - Driver's License. Matches Fake SIN above.
1 Credstick - Generally between 100 and 1000 Y
A minimal amount of cash (never more than 50Y)
Ashe is always impeccably dressed. She likes her clothing, takes care of it, and it shows. Among friends, her "dressed down" look is frequently somewhat over dressed for the occasion. But she is quite satisfied with that.
Ashe has dark green eyes. On any human, or most Metahumans, the colors would denote colored contacts, and would look out of place. Among Elves, however, the color can be found naturally, if rarely. Her hair is a light brown, otherwise known as a nut-brown. She is a stunning woman, very well put together. Her mannerisms, and dress, generally add to, rather than detracting from, that impressive natural beauty. She is kind, thoughtful, and careful with what she says, and does the best she can at matching her spoken word and style to her surroundings and companions.

Day-to-Day:
Ashe would generally be seen, even on morning errands, and visiting with friends in their homes, in what would usually be considered "Business Casual". She would likely be wearing either a skirt, or slacks, and a blouse. She won't always be wearing heels, but will only rarely be seen in anything but nice business appropriate shoes.
If she is attending an event, she will likely do the best she can to "scout" the event before hand, getting information not just on what the "posted" attire will be, but what people will actually wear. Ashe likes to be on the "nice" end of the clothing available. Never the best, but always among the best.

Business Clothing:
This really depends on the engagement. If she is meeting with the team, she will likely stick with her "Day-to-Day" attire, focusing mostly on the business, and less on the presentation. If, however, she is meeting with a client or Johnson, she will always go "all out" in regards to her clothing. She is no stranger to fully-formal clothes, attending major events on a semi regular basis. However, depending on what the event calls for, Ashe will be willing to dress accordingly. Afterall, "Jimmy Chou's" and a full length evening gown are not quite what you should be wearing for a meet at a Troll bar in the Pallyup Barrens. Ashe would likely wear combat boots, a grey urban explorer jumpsuit, and a black wool knit hat to that event. Proving, once again, that as long as your attire matched expectations, you are in the appropriate clothing.

Running Clothing:
Ashe will wear her Form Fitting Body Armor underneath a Long Coat. Other than that, she will wear street clothes. She carries a pistol, but regards it's use as a "Last Ditch Effort" situation. She is no stranger to Combat, but is firmly under the belief that once the bullets are flying, that means that the group has already messed everything up. There is rarely a bonified need for shooting, or blood. Frequently problems can be solved without any injury, or even confrontation. Even in a 'Run.

Contacts:
Bartender (2/2) - Barney. Ashe's favorite bar, requires a membership - or guest of member, "Unsung Glories" in downtown, high class. Ashe earns her continued membership by inviting Janette to occasional events, and Janette brings along her friends.
Fixer (2/5) - Thomas Jones - An "Old Guard" fixer, one who likes to take care of his 'Runners, knowing that they will all make more money in the long run this way. Ashe appreciates the sentiment, and returns it in kind. They work well together.
Simsense Star (3/4) - Janette Sutanto. Has known Ashe for a long time, human, partier, they love to gossip together.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

Mercurial OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mercurial OOC   Mercurial OOC EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 8:01 pm

Languages:
English will be in Bold
Aztec will be in Brown
Matrix will be in Green
Thoughts will be in italics

Fake SINs
Mouser has a single R4 Fake SIN, with no attached fake permits or licenses.
Name: Jeremy Graves
Born: Toronto, UCAS

'Walking Around' Gear:
Armour Jacket Jacket
Combat Boots, Full Height
Form-Fitting Body Armour
Forearm Guards
Pocket Secretary: Right jacket pocket
Sun Glasses: Head
Earplug Telephone: Ear
Micro Transceiver: Belt
10 Plastic restraints: Right leg pocket
White noise generator: Right leg pocket
Subvocal microphone: Beneath collar
Backpack if needed: back
Respirator: Left leg pocket
Wire Clippers: Right leg pocket
Collar: Worn on neck
4 Throwing Knives: On belt
Cargo Pants

Running Gear Add:
Pretty much everything else. The gun will be in a holster on the combat vest along with 1 CS Gas, 1 Thermal Smoke, 1 Flash Bang and 1 HE grenade and a set of throwing knives. Spare grenades will be in the backpack. Shuriken will be added in a belt pouch. When possible the motorcycle helmet will be worn to help conceal his features from cameras/witnesses. Shock gloves will be worn or in the backpack. Mag lock pass key will be in left leg cargo pocket.

Contacts:
None. As it stands Mouser isn't even entirely sure of his own name, and has only relatively recently woken up.

Physical Description:
Mouser's heritage seems to be decidedly South American, from his raven black hair to his slightly shorter stature of 5'2 and dark tanned skin. Beyond that he seems to bear no particularly unusual physical features, lacking any notable scars, tattoos or anything else to make him stand out; that is until one gets a look at his eyes. He usually wears a pair of mirrored sun glasses, but when he cant wear those, or contact lenses designed to change one's eye colour his one strongly notable feature stands out; his eyes are a bright yellow and slitted just like a feline's. Even in the day and age of the 2050's that's a highly unusual characteristic. Beyond that the only standard piece of dress he seems to have everywhere is his collar, and it's the one thing of his that seems to actually be worth any serious cred as the buckle seems to at least be plated with orchalium, the leather is most certainly real, as opposed to the far more common synthetic leather these days, and even the name plate seems to be of high quality machined metal with the name 'Mouser' stamped into it.

Ultimately it was the slight leak in the roof right over his bed that woke him up as drips of water started to land on him in his sleep. He let out a low growl in his throat as he sat up groggy and annoyed at being disturbed from deep sleep. He sat up on the bed in.. in his disguised form. He blinked a moment as he tried to pull himself together and blearily looked about the room, suddenly realizing that just about everything seemed rather.. strange. The clothes thrown over a nearby worn out computer chair or otherwise dumped on the floor near the bed looked familar, and he at least recognized the brand labels of the empty, knocked over bottles of booze. Mostly cheap synthetic crap, beer, bottle of what at least claimed to be vodka fallen over the last of it's contents spilled over the cheap linoleum flooring some of which had been soaked up by the edge of equally cheap floor carpeting that had definitely seen better days and could use a good cleaning. There was his pocket secretary and earbud telephone on their chargers near a wall socket.

The gun was new though, or so it seemed to him. He couldn't recall buying it, or even why he particularly might need one, much less the small pile of loaded magazines that were with it. Still, it didn't take him long to think of potential uses for it, even if he barely knew how to use it.. especially with that conveniently built in silencer. Course that wouldn't be remotely legal, but neither was the backpack piled full of hand grenades of assorted types. The ID seemed legitimate, though he wasn't sure if it was actually his name or not. The name tag on the collar rang a bell as he looked at it in the mirror, it even felt like an old familiar friend and he could feel some... other nebulous but very deep connection to it. That brought a few more memories to the surface.. yes, that was his talisman. That was his name. The other.. might be his real one? Maybe not.. didn't quite seem right but what ever. The motorcycle helmet raised a few more questions though, given that he didn't' recall owning a bike, or if he did he had no idea where it was placed. However a few text messages left on his pocket secretary gave him enough clues. No his insurance company wouldn't cover enough of the cost of the stolen bike to replace it, sucks to be you. A few notes on client addresses and even a thank you note for dealing with some one's rat infestation.

And then there was the appointment on the calender.

He checked the time and date twice, seemed to match. Hmm.. today. Well that would mean he'd have to get going soon, going by the time, and he didn't have a clue what the hell this appointment was about but what the hell, might as well go check it out and see what's up.... hmm.. leave the hardware at home though, he felt he wouldn't really need it and it would be a bad idea. He frowned slightly at the added note to pick up some contact lenses on the way... why.. Ohhhh yeah. People would ask too many questions if he wore sunglasses inside, but they'd ask even more if they saw his eyes, the one feature of his true self he couldn't readily hide. And it was a very, very bad idea to let them know what he was....

Last edited by Kesslan on Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Character sheet

Mercurial OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mercurial OOC   Mercurial OOC EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 8:17 pm

Guys, I'm really enjoying your writing, and I don't want to do anything to quash it but...

What I'm trying to put together here are essentially quick-reference sheets, both for myself and, in the case of character concepts and descriptions, for the other characters.

Kess, you did really, really well with the gear description. Thank you.

You're all doing amazing describing your characters'...well, character.

Now, something that most everyone's left out: the physical description. Here's some guidelines: Eye, hair color. How do you wear your hair? Is that your natural color? Are you short, tall? Are you fat, skinny, or somewhere in between? Are you physically fit (and yes, you can still be this even if you're fat... and even if you're skinny, though most people don't realize that the latter can be as much a qualifier on fitness as the former.)? What does your face look like? I'm willing to accept "good looking" or some equivalent, but a description of your features is a much better way to go about this. What's your skin color?
Any other information that you want to put in here is fine too. Do you wear your nails long, or cut short? Are they bitten, or do you cut them. Anything. I just need to know what you look like.

I apologize on all this: I must not have communicated well what it was I was needing.
Back to top Go down
Sureal
Team Leader
Team Leader
Sureal

Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2010-06-07

Character sheet
Character Name: Medusa (Face)
Race: Elf

Mercurial OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mercurial OOC   Mercurial OOC EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 8:22 pm

would a pic of the character work or do you want more
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Character sheet

Mercurial OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mercurial OOC   Mercurial OOC EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 8:34 pm

"A picture's worth a thousand words." Of course, if there are any diffs between the pic and your actual character, describing them is a must.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

Mercurial OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mercurial OOC   Mercurial OOC EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 12:56 pm

I think most have posted, or edited, with descriptions now. Anything else you would like us to add to our posts in here, Mr. Slave-Driver? I... uh... mean, T_Hawk...
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Character sheet

Mercurial OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mercurial OOC   Mercurial OOC EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 8:26 pm

Razz

We're good to go.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

Mercurial OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mercurial OOC   Mercurial OOC EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 6:00 pm

I'll get a written character description up later. Just got home from being out of town for a few days.
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Character sheet

Mercurial OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mercurial OOC   Mercurial OOC EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 8:28 pm

Please do, Kess. Remember, you can't post into the game until I have the necessary info.

The recruitment thread is now up. Gala, Phantom, take her away.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

Mercurial OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mercurial OOC   Mercurial OOC EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 9:25 am

edited in the description.
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Character sheet

Mercurial OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mercurial OOC   Mercurial OOC EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 10:14 am

Awesome. Thanks, Kess.
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Character sheet

Mercurial OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mercurial OOC   Mercurial OOC EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 6:06 pm

I've started school again. I hope this won't impact my post rate too much, but I thought I'd give you all a heads up.
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Character sheet

Mercurial OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mercurial OOC   Mercurial OOC EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 10:11 pm

I'm posting up some info on the team, which will be replicated on the want-ad. Please look it over, as it directly effects all of you.

Basically, the team leader and I've more or less put together a tentative team role roster:

Team-Leader: Face/Magician
Slot2: Magician
Slot3: Muscle (Sammy, Adept, Weapons Spec, etc.)
Slot4: Stealth Spec (perhaps another sammy, but definitely a bonus if this one also has combat skills.)
Slot5: Open (a rigger or decker would get extra consideration for this role.)
Slot6: ditto.

If any of you want to alter your characters to fit in with this better, just let me know and you can go ahead.
Any new applicants who put together a character to fit one of the non-represented roles will be increasing their chances to get onto the team.

At the moment, here's the breakdown on all applicants:

Taur: Magician, specializing in combat magics.
Faith: Magician, with social skills, specializing in interrogation.
Shaolin: Magican, healer archetype, with some wheel-man skills.
Impact: Cybered Street Samurai.
Mouser: Shapeshifter, split between stealth and combat skills.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Number of posts : 1442
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Character sheet
Character Name: (0d3\/\/R3(|{

Mercurial OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mercurial OOC   Mercurial OOC EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 8:38 pm

Pad

Height: 1.74m
Weight: 65.4kg
Hair: Brown (shaved)
Eyes: Brown

Mercurial OOC Ln-sg-prominent
Datajack & two Chipjacks behind right ear.

Mercurial OOC Front (minus racing stripe, fully tinted windows)

Descriptions
English
Internal monologue
Spanish
Italian
Die Rolls
Matrix communications
Radio communications

FSIN Level 4: Jason Hanson
FLicense Level 4: Ares Predator II
FLicense Level 4: Ingram Valiant
FLincese Level 4: Smartgoggles

Pad wears the same faded and worn clothes on a run as he does when "walking" around. His Ares II is kept tucked between his leg and the side of his wheelchair. Under the frayed t-shirt he wears a half suit of form fitting armor. He wears a hands-free earpiece on his right ear.

His deck is usually stored on his other side

South West 128th St.
A plain black GMC step van pulls up to the curb. A booster steps up to the side panel. It opens smoothly revealing two empty bench seats. From one of the speakers comes a surely voice What are you waiting for, Chorra? I ain't got all day, if you've got a delivery for me, drop it and close the door. Otherwise, Gumby, I'm gone.

The booster hesitates for another moment, he was hoping to get a glimpse of the driver. But between the tinted windows and what appeared to be a sheet of steel dividing the front and rear compartments, he was out of luck. The engine revs and the voice snaps out, "Oi! get movin' already, you keep standing there with your jaw hanging open, and the Star will get suspicious."

That gets the beetlhead moving. He drops the envelope and slams the door closed. The Van was already pulling away before the latch was finished closing.

I hate working with these pompinaios. Always trying to get a peek at me. Like I'm some sorta freak on display so they can run back to their case della merda and tell their hermanos maricón they saw the cripple!

Now to just make the drop site.

Two hours later a GMC van screeches to a halt next to a drycleaners on the corner of 38th & 77th Sts NE. This van has a few new scratches in the paint, and a small ding in the fender than the one seen earlier on the SW side. There was also the faint whiff of burnt gunpowder hanging around. A Chinese man came out promptly, opened the side door panel, and was overwhelmed with a fit of coughing as the oder of recent gunplay washed over him. It took him a moment to locate the envelope as it had fallen onto the floorboards and slid under the seats. As soon as he had the package, he stepped back, shut the door, and walked back to the store.

That's what I like about these fellas, they don't waste time looking for what they can't see. In, out, The van peeled away making a left a few blocks down. and I'm on my way.

A couple of minutes later a Lone Star Patrol unit cruised down the street. One Denton Fairfax stepped from the patrol car and walked into the dry cleaners. A few minutes later, he left with his next weeks uniforms, all clean and pressed. To the perceptive eye, his coat breast bulged just a fraction more than when he entered.

Twenty minutes later on South Graham St, a GMC van idles as Alton Descartes walks up to the club on the corner. Descartes pauses and answers his phone. The voice on the line says, It's done. Antone smiles and looks down the street at the van before continuing into the club.

Last edited by Wreck on Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

Mercurial OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mercurial OOC   Mercurial OOC EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 7:11 pm

Hey: I'm back... sorry for the delay in posting. Looks like we're only one post further than when I left. I don't think Ashe needs to be posting in right now... So I'll post some thoughts and stuff, and continue to hold actions.
Back to top Go down
fuzzbutt

fuzzbutt

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Character sheet
Character Name: tranix
Race: human/ adept
Sex: m

Mercurial OOC Empty
PostSubject: re: mercurial ooc   Mercurial OOC EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 7:56 pm

matrix activity
english
sperethial
cell comms
thoughts
Mercurial OOC Jock11

sin
Jock Dresden
UCAS
DOB 10/31/32
employed Teacher

r4 fake sin
juax drailion
Tir Na Nog
DOB 10/31/30

no licenses
Contacts
treavor nail l3c3
usually meet at the Ruusty Anchor

Jasmin Dresden l5c1
sister and minor pawn broker

I want you to include the information included on any SINs or fake SINs, and what type of
license/fake licenses you have. Also give me a name, type, and area of activity
(geographical and business-related) for your contacts.

Jock has what he calls a Utility Kilt for his everyday wear, lots of pockets(where he has
a few non-leathal projectiles) and hangs to the knees, it has a 2 inch wide leather belt.
He usually will wear a t-shirt with some local band or a as he see's it funny caption. He
will usually have several throwing knives(4) in quick release sheaths in the pleats of the
kilt. He also wears black leather steel toed combat style boots, 1 throwing knife per
boot. His combat gear is more utilitarian, full body formfitting armor, with special
adaption overcloths there are sheaths sewn into them for throwing knives. shirt 2 at
wrists, 2 at elbows, 2 below armpits, 2 on outersleeve shoulder, 2 on chest. pants 5down
each outer leg, 2 in inseam. boots 2 in pop sheath which are triggered from toe and heal
latch.

A short 1.5M blue skinned man weighing around 120lbs with long flamered hair in 2 braids
and a beard in a braid, all the braiads to his mid section, was seen leaving an apartment
building. Jock was travelling the same route he always walked to meet with Treavor at
their favorite watering hole The rusty Anchor down by the water. He was somewhat lost in thought about what Treavor said he needed to talk to him about when he sensed a threat. The pair of thugs where wearing Human
First shirts, a bad idea in Jocks mind.
Thug 1" dont try anything ya Gnome and we'll only ruff ya up a little"
Thug 2 snickers at that and adds" well probably only a little, but your bluehide might
need to be retinted" Normally Jock would have given them a chance but anyone who would walk around advertising
their lack of intelligence on their shirts, especially Humanists, wouldnt be getting any
from him. The first thug didnt even see the rubber ball until it hit him between the eyes,
he went down like a sack of potatos. Thug 2 started to reach into his pocket when the ball
hit him in the chest, he let out a uuhhmmph as all the air left him. Jock made sure they
where alive, cleaned out their pockets and disposed of their weapons in the grease bins in
the ally. Jock then took their shirst and tossed them in the rubbish bins where they
belonged. When Jock got to the bar Treavor asked "what took so long?"
Jock said" just stopped to take out the trash". Treavor nodded, understanding the
impications of the statement. Jock said " so whats so important that ya needed me to see
you now
?"
Treavor had a lead on a job that might be just up Jocks ally.
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Character sheet

Mercurial OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mercurial OOC   Mercurial OOC EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 3:42 pm

Given that the system for rolls and their interpretation may be new to some of us, I figured I'd try to give a general outline of what is and isn't acceptable. By no means should this be seen as exhaustive: it's merely meant to act as a guide and point you all towards the correct way of doing things in game.

Out of Combat:

For physical skill tests, for example, if a player makes a jumping test, he may refer to the examples on pg. 117 of SR4 to see how well he did. The only time these results may vary from the book is if there is some unknown factor which I, as the GM, know about, but which you as the player do not. In such a case, I'll PM you with the relevant info so that you may alter the results accordingly.

Social Rolls: I will post a reply in-character. It will be up to you to determine how you did from context and the like.

Attempts to garner information, physical, astral, or matrix-based, will be met with a PM sent by myself. The info I give is yours, and you may share it (or not) as you wish. Interpreting the info is also at your discretion.

Combat Rolls:

If I call for a roll, and have appended a threshold, you may assume success if you meet or surpass it (assuming a defensive position: if, for some reason, I've called for an attack roll and you only meet the threshold, the defender is assumed to have won.) Given you success, you're welcome to describe how your character managed to accomplish said victory in his or her own idiom. Be careful, though, that you do not manufacture unfair or unreasonable advantages for yourself in doing so.

For example:

One of our sammy's is being fired upon by a ganger. He must meet or beat a threshold of 4 in order to avoid their attacks. By whim of the dice gods, he manages to do so, scoring 5 hits on his dodge test. He may assume he:

-Dodged the attack straight out, with grace and awesomeness if using the dodge skill, or quick-reflexes if a reaction roll was called for... no less awesome, but likely a good deal less graceful.

-Dived for cover, if cover is within his movement range for 1 IP (depending on the situation, I may subtract this from your movement rate for the turn).

-Hit the ground so that the shots went over him. Dropping prone is a free action. He will have to spend an SA to get up next IP, if he wishes to do so (If many free actions are being taken, I may decide to not allow one on the next IP).

-Got lucky, i.e., the ganger was just a bad shot and missed him.

Now, our sammy dodge the attack, in true Jet-li fashion, and gets the opportunity to return one of his own. He fires, scoring 3 hits. As a player, you may describe this action in any way you feel, and I'll generally try to keep continuity with your descriptions. I.e. if you're hosing down the area with automatic fire, I'll try and keep that in mind when I describe the results of your actions. However, if you say something like "I take aim at the ganger's head, drawing a bead between his eyes," you should have "Take Aim" as an SA during the pass, and the "Called Shot" modifier in your roll.

Anyway, lets assume the ganger doesn't manage to make his defense roll. In this case, there are two options:

-I can describe the results of your action, using the guidelines I noted above and others. In general, I believe this will be the way we want to go with such matters.

-However, you may also describe the results of your actions. Simply PM me after the roll telling me how you want to do so. I'll respond, with either: A.) Yep, you won the test. And your description of what happens and it's aftermath sounds good, and doesn't cause any metagame problems. Go ahead. B.) Yep, you won: but the way you're describing your test doesn't work for some reason. You can either edit out the part I take exception with and post the rest, or I may need be the one to post the result since it may require GM knowledge. Or, C.) The enemy won the roll, in which case I'll describe it.

All of this may sound like it's unnecessary and time-consuming. And I'll agree, it is time-consuming. And often, it will even be unnecessary. However, because there will be situations where it is necessary, due to IC reasons, in order to prevent metagaming, or in order to make the narrative of the story flow, I believe this is the best way to handle things.

This is very different from the way I handled rolls in the past, where I supplied you all with the necessary information for you to determine the results yourself. But I believe this method will allow for a much more immersive and entertaining style of play.

I hope this helps make how we're handling the game aspect of this run more clear. If anyone has any questions, please ask them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mercurial OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mercurial OOC   Mercurial OOC Empty

Back to top Go down

Mercurial OOC
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next