Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeNew Character, what can I do about this? SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

New Character, what can I do about this?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Aimi

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-02-25

New Character, what can I do about this? Empty
PostSubject: New Character, what can I do about this?   New Character, what can I do about this? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 3:25 am

Hello's.

Myself and my boyfriend both come here looking to rp, we have a backing story which is quite plausible.. we are at the point where we have met, had to run, have escaped and are ready to meet others..

Now, what I need to know, is what do you accept for "green" characters? I am reading through the 20th anniversary corebook at the moment and have a few things in mind and wish to straighten them out, I have been writing down notes as I go along.

Long story short, without giving too much away, as a teen girl I was sent away from Shiawase by my mother for my own safety, I was sent to the wastelands of Pripyat (Chernobyl) to a hermetically sealed missile launch silo, I held up there for years, being brought supplies occasionally by one of my mother's associates. I grew up one of the Emerged, a Technomancer, as I had a link to the net and some age old abandoned communications equipment nearby (OTH radar array) I accessed global communications and found I was very adept at snooping, learning quite a lot and making a lot of contacts.. through a turn of events which I can post or can be rp'ed, I had to leave in a hurry and the pilot who dropped off the supplies to me got me out, barely in time as the silo was destroyed. The pilot couldn't go back to Shiawase, so we held out for a while with some contacts, other Emerged and shady types from many walks of life.

I am not "green" by any means, I intend on making my living selling identities, data and things I have heard on the matrix... my boyfriend and I share a smugglers ship, I have a small area in the back end in a container where I monitor transmissions and things, mod decks.. he mods vehicles and things.. we are a smuggler team I guess. Razz
I need some kind of small "trike", 2 seater, armed and basically an accessory to the main ship, my "toy", which I can get out in a hurry or hover nearby and monitor the waves for trouble while my other half makes deals. Think, something cross between the bike from Judge Dredd and a trike, but without all the malfunctions Razz The ability to land on the top floor of a building and wait would be a definite advantage, even if I have to activate some kind of "burst" to get there and plow through the windows, rather ungracefully.

What can I do and what cant I do? If someone could sit down and help it would be muchly appreciated, I don't want to go and make my character and not be able to play.. if you have a game concept in mind I would be happy to hear it too.

~Aimi What a Face

Simply, if you think our characters fit in with your game, which yes we can both play regularly (I can post from my phone if needs be!) then I need to know how many BP's I have to work with, are you using any house rules etc, anything included/excluded? Btw, I do NOT play super characters. (GURPS supers would bore the heck out of me, I prefer to use my mind to "win" over a challenge.)
Back to top Go down
Line
Meat
Meat
Line

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2010-01-21

Character sheet
Character Name: Ai'leo
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: New Character, what can I do about this?   New Character, what can I do about this? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 10:10 am

According to a couple of the games I have seen here, 400BP is what you make your character with.. May vary, but that seems to be the standard.

As for your trike, I'm not up on what vehicles are making the rounds these days out of the newer 4th ed. sourcebooks, so you 'll have to get someone else to help you on that.. There's nothing wrong with a Viking or Valkyrie, though. I'm not sure about the flying thing. if it is possible to be treated as a drone of some sort, it still would have to be custom built.

As for the open games, check in the "Want Ads" section, you might find something.
Back to top Go down
Aimi

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-02-25

PostSubject: Re: New Character, what can I do about this?   New Character, what can I do about this? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 10:21 am

Flying or hovering would attract too much attention.. so I found an alternate vehicle that should do well. Twisted Evil
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuchs_%28APC%29
New Character, what can I do about this? Nx3x2v
Back to top Go down
Digital Doom
Admin
Admin
Digital Doom

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Character sheet
Character Name: Digital Doom
Race: Human
Sex: M

PostSubject: Re: New Character, what can I do about this?   New Character, what can I do about this? EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 12:19 am

That's funny, you should post that in the FFGF for the fixer area. It's stuff like that that is why it was made....
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/shadowrunsurvivalguide/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Character, what can I do about this?   New Character, what can I do about this? Empty

Back to top Go down

New Character, what can I do about this?
Page 1 of 1