Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeLoaner needed. SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Loaner needed.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
hiddenagenda

hiddenagenda

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-02-08

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

Loaner needed. Empty
PostSubject: Loaner needed.   Loaner needed. EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 4:01 am

Apparently the guy who replied to my post missed the part about being insanely broke and without work. I'm talking about real life here. I'm essentially stranded in a foreign country without any opportunities for work. What I have in savings must stretch out until May. That being said;

Does anyone have a loaner SR4 they could send me while I'm stranded? I promise to send it back when I am not stranded anymore for when I go back I have a job. I'm not sure on the legality of e-mailing the pdf files, but I am open to that too. Having purchased hundreds of dollars of Shadowrun products over the years I imagine the publishers could let this one slide.

Thanks for any info or help you can offer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mtmckinley.us
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

Loaner needed. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loaner needed.   Loaner needed. EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 8:32 am

Maybe that's because your missing the point that your openly going around in part asking people for pirated PDFs on a publicly accessible BBoard. This is considered Illegal in many countries, and I'm pretty sure in the country this board is hosted in, could at least potentially lead to legal charges against them if it can be proven they act as a vehicle for pirated material.

The only thing I will suggest, is that you look up some of the free SR4 character generators. A few of the better ones out there have some basic explanation of what various ware does (Boost X stat) and a decent if not complete database of equipment, perks/flaws and weaponry etc.

SR4CharGen for example is pretty good, though it's definitely lacking quite a few things out of some of the very books it pulls information from, as well as not being entirely up to date. It does however, provide you with enough that you can easily create a fully functional character.
Back to top Go down
hiddenagenda

hiddenagenda

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-02-08

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

Loaner needed. Empty
PostSubject: Thank You for your reply...   Loaner needed. EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 9:10 am

I have been looking around online, and I found a 20pg. quick start that seems to have some of the basics I remember from playing on paper. Anyways, I understand your point which is why I was also asking for a borrowed copy of the paper version as opposed to the, "pirated" version. Legally, where I am, I can receive these files, as far as anyone being willing to break the law, I am not advising that. From what I understand, it's still legal to borrow books, and therefore files, sent by mail, etc. So technically, if someone had these files and could assist me in acquiring them legally, then great. Mission Accomplished. For now, still searching.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mtmckinley.us
Dr_Cynic
Runner
Runner
Dr_Cynic

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2010-01-16

Character sheet
Character Name: Alex Roaring Bear
Race: Troll
Sex: Male

Loaner needed. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loaner needed.   Loaner needed. EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 9:27 am

Unfortunately, in the eyes of th law, sending any files such PDFs and such that are copyrighted is still piracy and still illegal. We would love to help, but unfortunately we really don't want to be breaking the law. I apologize, but these are the laws, and I'd hate to see this site go down and people go to jail over this.
Back to top Go down
Digital Doom
Admin
Admin
Digital Doom

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Character sheet
Character Name: Digital Doom
Race: Human
Sex: M

Loaner needed. Empty
PostSubject: We do try and help with all problems...   Loaner needed. EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 12:36 pm

We do try and help with all problems, unfortunately with the digital copy we can't. We do have a licensing agreement that we must uphold, (seen below), and we don't condone piracy of any kind.

That being said, there are a lot of good resources out there for Shadowrun. There are multiple character generators that work well, and there are some websites that also help. If you have any questions that could be answered here, we are always available and willing to help.

I wish I could be more help on this subject.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/shadowrunsurvivalguide/
Sponsored content

Loaner needed. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loaner needed.   Loaner needed. Empty

Back to top Go down

Loaner needed.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadowrun Online :: Library :: Archives :: Archives - :: Questions and Answers-
Jump to: