Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeHello Everyone! SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Hello Everyone!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rocker606

Rocker606

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-06-05

Character sheet
Character Name: Spyder
Race: Human
Sex: Male

Hello Everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Hello Everyone!   Hello Everyone! EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 5:54 am

Hey guys and gals.

Been a shadowrun fan for years and years. Cyberpunk in general for years before that (William Gibson etc). Funny thing though, I've never played a shadowrun game despite knowing about it for ever. I've played many pbp rpg's online and have extensive writing expereince, so I'm looking forward to getting involved here. I'll be using 4th edition stuff and playing in those games. But before I do anything I have two questions, if I could?

1. I'm thinking about creating a hacker/rigger char. Basically a B&E/Infiltration and Overwatch char. My idea is basically being a security spiders nightmare. Any thoughts or tips on char creation? Any sage advice for a newbie?

(Edit: Also, I wouldn't be opposed to another interesting archtype if the one above is flooded or a group needs something else. I've read over the magic though, and I don't really feel for it however.)

2. Are there any current 4th edition games I could get written into or involved with? I've seen and read through both "...And High Water" and "Butterfly Kisses" (Both being very interesting and enjoyable reads) but I've noticed they each have quite a bit of players. Any way to write in a character after I complete one? I wouldn't be opposed to GM'ing, but I've not had the experience with the rules set yet.

So yeah. Good to meet you all and look forward to RP'ing with you guys and gals.
Back to top Go down
jo-chan
Runner
Runner
jo-chan

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2009-05-25

Character sheet
Character Name: Lava
Race: Orc
Sex: Female

Hello Everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone!   Hello Everyone! EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 1:22 pm

hello hello, welcome to he boards Smile

It's good to see more people signing up, and someone with some experience under their belt as well. We can always use more people to liven up the boards a little. It seems most of the people on here have read this William Gibson guy and I've managed to end up in a cultural cul de sac Neutral... going to have to find one of his books and have a read I think... looked up his Wiki and I can see why he's mentioned a lot though Very Happy

Hacker/rigger's sound like they would be fun, I haven't quite wrapped my head around the matrix stuff, but I'm working on it (i'm new to this myself) so yes, I'm sure you'll be more than welcome to give that character a bash. Hope to see you in the shadows before too long Very Happy

As to 4th ed games that are up and might be able to work you in, you'll have to hear back from the GMs... but I hope you don't have to wait too long before ou can join us in the shadows Smile

Welcome again, hope to see you out there omae Very Happy

~ Jo
Back to top Go down
Rocker606

Rocker606

Character sheet

Hello Everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone!   Hello Everyone! EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 9:57 am

Thanks for the warm welcome Jo. Very Happy

I've made my first character. It took about 3 days studying and glossing over 5 core books, but I think I got it. I've double checked the build points, restrictions on gear, availibilty, costs (nuyen and other), and think it's ready. I ditched the Hacker/Rigger and went for straight hacker. Tried to make him very good at a few things instead of ok at everything. Also spent about half my starting nuyen on programs and commlink lol. Thank god for 50BP=250,000 Nuyen. Also created a trusty battle wagon for refuge/shadowruns. More of a support vehicle then anything.

Anyways, let me know what you guys and gals think. here's my char page with him on it:
Sal "Spyder" Connelli

Haven't wrote down the history yet, although I've got the basic story in my head. Ares Corp Security Hacker gone rouge etc. See you guys in the shadows soon.
Back to top Go down
jo-chan
Runner
Runner
jo-chan

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2009-05-25

Character sheet
Character Name: Lava
Race: Orc
Sex: Female

Hello Everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone!   Hello Everyone! EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 5:12 pm

Heh, like you're well and truly into the swing of things. Just had a peek at the character and everything looks good. Well rather what I can tell looks good looks good... there's a bunch of stuff there that my poor little corebook just doesn't know about, heh. I did manage to, um, find somewhere that has copies a bunch of other books... and I am getting them as we speak. So at least I'll know what you guys are going on about before too long Smile.

Yeah, I mucked around with the idea of a hacker, things get very expensive very quickly Neutral same with a rigger... but still. I wanna get hold of these books just so I can get a proper look at all these vehicle upgrades you guys are using, there's none in the main book Neutral. Anyway, Spyder looks awesome. I'm sure he'll do great once the shadows call to 'im. Smile

See you in there sometime Very Happy

~ Jo
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Number of posts : 1139
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Character sheet
Character Name: Priest Sarah Gaven
Race: ork
Sex: female

Hello Everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone!   Hello Everyone! EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 5:44 pm

It's a pretty decent character alright, Spyder would easily hold par to most of my matrix oriented characters, maybe with a few tweaks he could even stomp a few of them.
Back to top Go down
Rocker606

Rocker606

Character sheet

Hello Everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone!   Hello Everyone! EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 8:21 am

Thanks for the positive replies guys. I'm open of course to any pointers, criticisms, and advice. First ever shadow-runner I've made. Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello Everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone!   Hello Everyone! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello Everyone!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadowrun Online :: General Chat :: Introduce yourself-
Jump to: