Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeJing's Static IC - Page 2 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Jing's Static IC

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
CrowDancing
Fixer
Fixer
CrowDancing

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2012-05-28

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

Jing's Static IC - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jing's Static IC   Jing's Static IC - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 1:12 pm

Wire-jumper.  What's the right slang now.... Hacker, that's it.  Tweak gives Murphy another appraising look before breaking out into a rapid fire chuckle, sounding more like a hiccuping cough than anything else, and bobs his head several times.    Good good good, like that, 'Candy' like that.  Solid, sarcasm humor works for me.  So you're a hacker.  Already into the cam feeds?  Solid, we have the parks eyes covered.    Moving as fast as his words he steps forward and claps Murphy on the shoulder then steps back away from him before turning his attention to Wake.  Machine-jumper........ Rigger that's the tag.    Your a... Rigger ya.  You got lot's a drones?  More eyes to watch yes, what else.
Back to top Go down
Mosier

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2013-08-14

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Jing's Static IC   Jing's Static IC - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 6:03 pm

ArtelSriven wrote:
“Your drones, are they weaponized?  I mean if by chance we do run into trouble today, can they take a person down?  I'm working on the parks camera feeds at the moment.  I believe I have a work around to keep us from being seen.”
"Of course they're weaponized. Wouldn't be much use for security if they weren't. And yes they're more than capable of taking someone down."

Theoretically, Orren has the good sense not to add.  

Orren Wake has never used a drone in combat. Orren is torn between the excitement of finally getting to play with his toys, and terror that they might be damaged.

With a thought, Orren commands the hatch on his van to open. A medium-sized rotorcraft drone flies out of it and hovers neatly over his shoulder. "Meet Wright," Orren says, gesturing to the drone. "He packs a White Knight machine gun with upgraded targeting programming. Trust me, you don't want to be on Wright's bad side."

To Twitch, Orren says "Yeah, I'm a Rigger." It's only a small bending of the truth. To the others, what Orren does would be indistinguishable from Rigging, anyway. He learned long ago not to bother trying to explain the concept of compiling sprites to a Mundane. "A lot of drones? No, but enough. I don't plan on wasting them..."
Back to top Go down
ArtelSriven
Meat
Meat
ArtelSriven

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2013-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Jing's Static IC   Jing's Static IC - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 2:19 pm

Kyle Warsaw : THE Sports Bar
SIN:  Edward Murphy (UCAS Seattle Native & Student at U-Dub 'Corporate Securities Major')

Murphy can't react fast enough to Tweaks approving nudge and is nearly knocked to his knees by the power of the mans mere pat on the shoulder.  He looks up to the street samurai and smiles at the friendly gesture not wanting to get on his bad side.  Holy Drek that guy is quick!  As Tweak steps back, Murphy shakes off the momentary disorientation and centers himself back to leaning against the wall.  He looks over to Wake.

“Its all sunshine and rainbows my good man.  Just making sure you weren't some sort of pacifist or anything... you know, afraid to hurt anyone.”  Murphy beams a smile at the rigger.

{sub:team}Well my new friends, unless we have more business for the Johnson I say we head over to the park and do a perimeter sweep.  Try to stay out of the cameras field of vision for a few more minutes.  I am recording the cameras feed right now.  I would like to get at least ten minutes worth of video and then I will loop it through to the source.  This way nobody will know we were there.
Back to top Go down
CrowDancing
Fixer
Fixer
CrowDancing

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Jing's Static IC   Jing's Static IC - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 2:57 pm

Tweak flashes another micro smile at Trotter. Make sure to transfer our cred. He nods to Murphy and Wake. Let's jet. Meet you at the park. You have my comm if you need to yap at me. Having said his peace Tweak leaves the bar, making an attempt to jander at a normal speed and somewhat succeeding. Once outside he climbs into his SUV and again drives over to the park with the music slamming loud enough his ears ring.
Once moving he pulls his snuff tin out and fires another two pinches up his nose, slamming a dance beat onto his dash as the burn rushes through his brain aided by the thrill of cred in his account again. Fraggin A........ I can fragging eat tonight and maybe even have a little party. He dances in his seat for a block before getting a grip and thinking over his gear. After a short mental debate he decides to continue running light, just his berretta and his cavalier. too many law types to risk unliscenced guns and besides it's a fragging park in fragging daylight, not the place to go full auto rampage. After a moment he even slips off his forearm snapblades.
Tweak parks a block away from the park to assuage his sense of paranoia and janders on into the park, checking out the crowds while keeping his face hidden under the bill of his cap and large shades that serve no other function but covering part of his face.
Back to top Go down
ArtelSriven
Meat
Meat
ArtelSriven

PostSubject: Re: Jing's Static IC   Jing's Static IC - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 3:42 pm

Kyle Warsaw : Freeway Park, Downtown
SIN:  Edward Murphy (UCAS Seattle Native & Student at U-Dub 'Corporate Securities Major')

“See you on the flip side 'T'.”  Murphy gives a nod to Trotter as he exits the bar.  As he walks up to his pathfinder he Murphy deactivates the Anti-theft system.  He places his hand to the sensor on top of the fuel cell and the motorcycle roars to life.  He slips his helmet on and the visors HUD lights up indicating his current Grid Guide position.  With a mental command he shuts down the Grid Guide service on the helmet.  No need for Johnny Law to track my location.

Murphy pulls out of the parking lot of THE Sports Club following Tweak over to the park.  He pulls his Bike up to the curb about half a block from the spot Tweak pulls into not wanting to be obvious they are together.  Getting off his bike he opens the smugglers compartment underneath the seat and slides his helmet into it and pulls out the U-Dub ball cap he keeps in there.  Closing the compartment Murphy once again activates the Anti-theft system on the bike.  

He pulls the collar up a little bit on his duster and puts the cap on his head pulling the brim down slightly to help block his face from the camera feeds just in case anyone is actively watching.  He then walks over to the nearest bench taking a seat getting comfortable so he can finish his work.  Focusing on the AR feed in his field of vision Murphy checks the current recorded duration and ends the recording session.  I hope that is enough to loop without causing suspicion.  

Murphy fiddles around in the parks wireless node trying to isolate the cameras  back up files so he can delete them after altering the cameras commands and forcing the recorded feeds to loop.  Once done he backs out of the system and spoofs his Access ID once again again before taking advantage of the backdoor he set up.  When he gains access to the system again he brings up the camera feeds to monitor his handy-work.

Last edited by ArtelSriven on Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mosier

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2013-08-14

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Jing's Static IC   Jing's Static IC - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 5:46 pm

Orren Wake simply nods wordlessly at the others, before entering his van, where he hopes to stay for the rest of this drecked-up Run. The drone Wright obediently docks with the van as Orren zips out of the parking lot.

When he reaches the parking area for the pavilion, Orren parks the van as close as he can get to the entrance to the pavilion without being too conspicuous. Mentally, he weighs the decision about which drones to use for this security mission. Wright, the rotorcraft is an obvious choice. Dot, the medium-sized ground security drone is another good choice. But, would he use his pride and joy, Hercules, the steel lynx large battle drone?

The urge to see Hercules in action is almost overwhelming, but good sense finally prevails.

Sorry Hercules, I'll be saving you for bigger jobs.

After finalizing his decision, Orren opens the cargo compartment and powers up Dot, a GM-Nissan "Doberman" drone. The model is aptly named, as the body and limbs of the drone bear a strong resemblance to man's best friend. He then directs the drone to rendezvous with Murphy. Orren's heart is filled with childish glee as he watches the streamlined machine dashing off.

Orren sends a message to "Edward Murphy" via comlink.

Got a bodyguard coming your way. Figured the sammy can take care of himself.

While he's sending the message, Orren commands the drone's limited AI software to interface with Murphy's commlink and engage anyone who attacks him. Wake will give the drone more specific instructions if actual combat erupts, but for now that simple command should be enough to keep from being taken by surprise. Orren's spy drone will fly near the van, and alert him if anyone seems to be taking too much interest in the vehicle.

Finally, Orren sends Wright to the sky. Orren feeds the live streams Murphy provided from the hacked cameras to Wright. Orren only gives Wright one instruction, to monitor the feeds and its own sensors, and alert him if anyone draws a weapon.
Back to top Go down
ArtelSriven
Meat
Meat
ArtelSriven

PostSubject: Re: Jing's Static IC   Jing's Static IC - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 3:04 am

Kyle Warsaw : Freeway Park, Downtown

The message from Wake regarding a body guard is great news.  This will give me a chance to slip into full VR and not worry about getting jacked while I'm in the trix.

{sub:team} Thank you sir.  I think you read my mind.  Hey, you are not a psychic are you?  I'm going to take a quick walk around the park before the meeting starts but I'm going to take up a spot at the middle tree directly north of the pavilion when this op starts.  I'll be in VR so if you need my meat, message me.

Murphy waits for the doberman drone to reach him before he sets out to the east doing a loop along Hubbell Place down to Seneca and then back north to the pavilion to his tree.  Once there he sits down against the tree and waits for the fun to start.
Back to top Go down
CrowDancing
Fixer
Fixer
CrowDancing

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Jing's Static IC   Jing's Static IC - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 12:58 pm

Jandering randomly through the park Tweak checks out the layout of the park and the slots loitering about it. Taking more careful note of the pavilion and anyone paying any attention to it. After getting a good look at it all he settles on a bench with a clear view of the pavilion doors without being in clear view of the park cam's.
Placed. Watching front doors. He sends to the other two as he settles back, looking like he's taking a nap on the bench, only his left hand twitching slightly hints otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Tani
Runner
Runner

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2013-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Jing's Static IC   Jing's Static IC - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 1:20 am

One of few green spots in the city heart of Downtown, the park spreads over several city blocks. Throughout its confines are spread large planters filled with plants, trees and interactive displays. This makes for limited field of vision and plenty of cover.

The planters are three quarters of a meter high and are made from sturdy plascrete and filled with earth. The variety of plants within the planters ranges from flower beds to tall shrubs. They range in height from a few centimeters up to a further 1½ meters (resulting in visual cover up to 2½ meters). Spread through the planters are small trees (4 to 5 meters in height) with trunks around half a meter in diameter.
Ÿ
At various points in the park (there is one at the entry walkway to the pavilion’s area) are interactive units. These audio-visual displays provide information on various plants in the park, Downtown landmarks, and events occurring in the Convention Center. The displays are half a meter in height (in addition to the planter’s base height).

Benches, rubbish bins and various vending machines are spread throughout the park, affording other means of seeking cover or hiding spots for surveillance.

The Maynard Pavilion functions as a shady spot open to the public most of the time, but can be hired for private functions, as has been done today. It is a small single storey building some 5 meters in height with a gabled roof. It measures some 10 meters by 5 meters. Its walls appear to be made of wood but this is synthetic and is stronger than it looks. The French doors are fashioned from one-way armored glass that allows those indoors to look outside, but not vice versa. On each wall there is a central double door and on the long walls there are two flanking single doors.

Scattered around the park are a multitude of cameras and sensors. Most of these are in use for park maintenance, providing up to date information on the state of the park to those who run it. Of course, most of the cameras are for security purposes, since vandalism and gang activity are not unknown. That said, the camera feeds are not monitored constantly – automated pattern recognition software generally triggers alerts. A certain degree of system failure is expected and if a few cameras are not operational then alarm bells aren’t going to start ringing straight away.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jing's Static IC   Jing's Static IC - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Jing's Static IC
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2