Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeWill you be upgrading to SR5? SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Will you be upgrading to SR5?

Go down 
5 posters

Will you be getting Shadowrun 5th edition?
Yes, even if I have to do it at gunpoint!
Will you be upgrading to SR5? I_vote_lcap71%Will you be upgrading to SR5? I_vote_rcap
 71% [ 5 ]
No, 1-4 are good enough for me.
Will you be upgrading to SR5? I_vote_lcap0%Will you be upgrading to SR5? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Yes, If I can find the Y!
Will you be upgrading to SR5? I_vote_lcap0%Will you be upgrading to SR5? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Depends on the content.
Will you be upgrading to SR5? I_vote_lcap14%Will you be upgrading to SR5? I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
Depends on the price.
Will you be upgrading to SR5? I_vote_lcap14%Will you be upgrading to SR5? I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
Digital Doom
Admin
Admin
Digital Doom

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Character sheet
Character Name: Digital Doom
Race: Human
Sex: M

Will you be upgrading to SR5? Empty
PostSubject: Will you be upgrading to SR5?   Will you be upgrading to SR5? EmptyWed May 08, 2013 10:22 pm

Will you be getting the new edition or waiting to see how it all works out?
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/shadowrunsurvivalguide/
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Big Daddy
Race: Troll
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Will you be upgrading to SR5?   Will you be upgrading to SR5? EmptyThu May 09, 2013 11:10 am

Chances are I wont.

I still like 3rd edition and have the books for that. There are many things I don't like that they did with 4th ed. I also don't have the money to be blowing on a game I don't have the time or the group to play with in real life. But who knows, maybe it will blow my mind and I will find people to play with.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Will you be upgrading to SR5?   Will you be upgrading to SR5? EmptyThu May 09, 2013 11:54 am

I'll definitely be buying the new edition. While I tend to agree, in general, with St. Nougat that there are things that I dislike about 4th edition, they definitely muddied the water in some otherwise key areas, and changed some rules in new and surprising ways. Notable examples: the dodge skill was basically ruined in 4th, Melee was completely changed in 4th (used to be able to damage on every combat round), the Shifter rules were written so poorly as to be unreadable, and many more...
On the other hand, there are some things that I like a lot about 4th edition. The improvement curve on technology is quite interesting. Given the improvements that we've had over the past several years, here in the real world (real micro-drones, the upcoming Samsung flexible cellphone) I think 5th edition is going to have some leaps and bounds to keep up with the 60-year time shift, and I am really looking forward to seeing how they deal with that! Similarly, the time-curve of improvements in Magic has been exciting to carry forward, and I am really looking forward to seeing what they come up with there too!
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Number of posts : 1442
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Character sheet
Character Name: (0d3\/\/R3(|{
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Will you be upgrading to SR5?   Will you be upgrading to SR5? EmptyThu May 09, 2013 1:33 pm

I have found that my biggest concern in new editions is that no matter the game mechanic changes, the heart of the concept stays true. As I'm not worried about that, I'm mostly just interested in how they will go about trying to balance things and fix them a bit. Too bad I can't ever seem to get on a p&P beta test!
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 1148
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Will you be upgrading to SR5?   Will you be upgrading to SR5? EmptyThu May 09, 2013 6:37 pm

Can't let all you young runners have all the fun. I'll be picking up a copy of 5th as soon as I can get my feeble old hands on one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will you be upgrading to SR5?   Will you be upgrading to SR5? Empty

Back to top Go down

Will you be upgrading to SR5?
Page 1 of 1