Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeShadowrun Online & Shadowrun Returns SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Shadowrun Online & Shadowrun Returns

Go down 
+2
Ghostmaker
Wreck
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Number of posts : 1442
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Character sheet
Character Name: (0d3\/\/R3(|{
Race: Human
Sex: Male

Shadowrun Online & Shadowrun Returns Empty
PostSubject: Shadowrun Online & Shadowrun Returns   Shadowrun Online & Shadowrun Returns EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 12:44 pm

I've pre-ordered both Shadowrun Online and Shadowrun Returns

Anybody else thinking of getting one or the other?

SRR should be out this summer, and because it is a much more simple game (single player only, generic sprite with pre-generated gear overlays) it should be a fairly simple game that does really well.

They have postponed SRO until later in the fall. With all the SR material coming out this year, it makes sense to stagger it. My friend is convinced that SRO will fail before production release because they weren't able to generate the type of funds that SRR did. I countered with, SRO didn't start off trying to generate funds with Kickstarter, but after SRR's success gave it a shot. Couple that with the fact that people had already given a ton of cash to another SR game system and you can see why it wouldn't generate the same return. I maintain that SRO, even if it gets pushed back to next year, is targeting a different audience within the SR fan base. SRR is single player (possible upgrade later, not set in stone). But it is also the first SR game to be released in forever. Of course people are going to buy in. SRO is multi-player and turn based. So you can run with your buddies (with your own crew name and everything!) and take on other Shadowrunner teams in PVP. I'm curious if the game will be set up that if two teams take the same job, if they get pitted against each other. That might be fun, but it might also be annoying. Currently they are going to run the game more like Guild Wars with the game zones unique for each team and the none game zones will be everybody. So I'm guessing that PVP will be arena style.

While off topic, I heard a rumor of a VtM MMO where the big bosses aren't NPCs but powerful players who have amassed armies of other players. And the game zones will be different cities. Factions will supposedly fight over them to gain supremacy.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf

PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun Online & Shadowrun Returns   Shadowrun Online & Shadowrun Returns EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 2:04 pm

I... Want... Both... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
scawire
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
scawire

Number of posts : 612
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Character sheet
Character Name: Night Fist
Race: Ork
Sex: M

PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun Online & Shadowrun Returns   Shadowrun Online & Shadowrun Returns EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 4:42 pm

I've already pre ordered SRR but not SRO it was an issue with not having enough money since I also pre ordered Wasteland 2. I've been waiting for Wasteland 2 since the 80's when I played Wasteland for the commodore 64 and part way through it said "You are 70% of the way through Wasteland 1 please buy Wasteland 2 when it comes out." Well I kept going to the game store asking the clerk if wasteland 2 had come out yet, I think I annoyed the clerk a bit but now after 25 years I bought the game.

One of the reasons I never pre ordered SRO was it is going to be free to play with micro transactions I will pay for the micro transactions when I can afford it not so much for the runner gear but more to help the game keep growing.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun Online & Shadowrun Returns   Shadowrun Online & Shadowrun Returns EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 4:54 pm

I decided to get the campaign server account instead of the free-to-play. That way I can play with any gear I want without having to fork over real cash just for the gear. Of course, I'll have to buy the update packs. But, meh.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun Online & Shadowrun Returns   Shadowrun Online & Shadowrun Returns EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 8:24 am

I also pre-ordered both. I can't wait for them to come out!!
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun Online & Shadowrun Returns   Shadowrun Online & Shadowrun Returns EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 9:14 am

If any one is interested we could set up an online meeting time to play as a crew in SRO when if finally comes out.
Back to top Go down
scawire
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
scawire

Number of posts : 612
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Character sheet
Character Name: Night Fist
Race: Ork
Sex: M

PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun Online & Shadowrun Returns   Shadowrun Online & Shadowrun Returns EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 2:28 pm

That would be cool, have a shadowrun online group from the players on this site. I'd be down with that. We could regroup on this when the game comes out.

Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun Online & Shadowrun Returns   Shadowrun Online & Shadowrun Returns EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 11:32 am

Those of you who are interested in SRR should go check out their latest update. Actual game play footage! It looks pretty cool!
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun Online & Shadowrun Returns   Shadowrun Online & Shadowrun Returns EmptyWed May 29, 2013 9:39 am

Well... they changed the SRO account format again. I upped my backing to a lifetime campaign subscription. So if the game ever does come out, I've got it for life. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun Online & Shadowrun Returns   Shadowrun Online & Shadowrun Returns EmptyWed May 29, 2013 10:13 am

Jeez Wreck how much did it cost i love sr so i might be interested in that...
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun Online & Shadowrun Returns   Shadowrun Online & Shadowrun Returns EmptyWed May 29, 2013 10:28 am

I just blew all of my fun money for a while. I guess that's why I'll be camping next weekend, very little cost to sleep in a hammock in the woods! But I figure at a $15 price tag per new release, I'll eventually make my money back. Also, as a lifetime account, I can stop and start play whenever I want with no additional costs.

Besides. I get a cool AR logo display in game that shows me as a backer. :-)

I hope I can use my own character portrait from here. I made that several years ago on South Park's website, but you can't remake it anymore. They don't have the beer or pipe options now. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun Online & Shadowrun Returns   Shadowrun Online & Shadowrun Returns EmptyWed May 29, 2013 10:33 am

Becker huh? ill remember that... Twisted Evil be nice to know some one else in the shadows...
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun Online & Shadowrun Returns   Shadowrun Online & Shadowrun Returns EmptyWed May 29, 2013 10:53 am

I just read the interview they did in Poland... The developer is saying that the city at release is going to be Boston! They claim other cities will be released in future sets, but Boston is their first one. I'm... curious what the decision making process was there. Not opposed to the decision in the slightest, I'm just wondering how that conversation went. I know they were talking about maybe doing Berlin in one of the first couple of updates.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun Online & Shadowrun Returns   Shadowrun Online & Shadowrun Returns EmptyWed May 29, 2013 11:06 am

Berlin huh? whats that like Lowfyer territory ouch! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun Online & Shadowrun Returns   Shadowrun Online & Shadowrun Returns EmptyWed May 29, 2013 11:26 am

No idea myself. I'm not much up on the Euro-SR lore. I mostly paid attention to Seattle, NYC, & Neo-Tokyo stuff.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun Online & Shadowrun Returns   Shadowrun Online & Shadowrun Returns EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 2:47 pm

I preordered SRR a month or so ago on harebrained schemes. I want that SR USB dogtag. Cool

Lofwyrs lair is in Essen. Which is about 500km from Berlin. I got the german sourcebook of the Rhein Ruhr Megaplex. And the SK owner is quite present about everywhere there.
A great book. I like the authors humor and I would recommend it if I knew if there were an english version.

Berlin is a divided city, half corporate and half anarchist.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun Online & Shadowrun Returns   Shadowrun Online & Shadowrun Returns EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 6:39 am

For those of you who have been tracking this, you've likely seen that SR5 hits the pre-order mark next month. July 7th in fact. If you buy Print books & Box Sets you also get a code for in-game content for Shadowrun Online. These codes won't be made available through PDF content. Evil or Very Mad I don't have the SPACE for more books! I'm trying (unsuccessfully) to make the switch away from print material! Why are you punishing me for wanting to save trees! Sad
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun Online & Shadowrun Returns   Shadowrun Online & Shadowrun Returns EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 6:48 am

I concur why is that?
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun Online & Shadowrun Returns   Shadowrun Online & Shadowrun Returns EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 am

Most likely it's because of Cost-Benefit ratios. The PDF for the main source book is going to be crazy cheap ($20) compared to the Print Book ($60). So I get that it isn't worth the extra hassle for them. My thing is, I'd pay more for a PDF that had an in-game content code even if it was just flavor crystals content (different gun skins or something silly like pink troll horns). I want the PDF because I'm trying to REDUCE my physical library. I move too often and it takes up too much space. Heck Amazon has already got it's pre-order list up at $36 dollars.

Is it wrong of me to want to live in the digital age we keep claiming we are in? Sad
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun Online & Shadowrun Returns   Shadowrun Online & Shadowrun Returns EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 1:10 pm

LMFAO!!!lol!
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Big Daddy
Race: Troll

PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun Online & Shadowrun Returns   Shadowrun Online & Shadowrun Returns EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 7:13 am

PDFs are nice and all but in my opinion nothing beats having the book in my hand.  I can look things up faster, I can cross reference easier, I just plain like them.  When I am making a character I am normally sitting on my office floor with about 6 books open to various sections in a half circle around me.

But I do agree with your point: if you are going to offer bonus stuff, have it available for both formats

Speaking of books vs pdf:  I just pre-ordered a book for Tenra Bansho Zero (hyper Asian RPG Tenra-RPG.com) because I like the game and artwork in it enough to move away from my pirated PDF to a legal copy.  Anyway I ordered the physical book and it came with the PDFs as well.  The full text PDF and a condensed, easy to print version.

Personally I think that policy is just cool.  You're paying for the media, why not make it easy on a person?

Also they guys behind the game have a message saying that if you bought the PDF and then upgrade to the hard copy, they will refund your money on the PDF

Now that is just good business practice.  I think more companies should follow that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun Online & Shadowrun Returns   Shadowrun Online & Shadowrun Returns Empty

Back to top Go down

Shadowrun Online & Shadowrun Returns
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadowrun Online :: General Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: