Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeTerrible torture of ads SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Terrible torture of ads

Go down 
+3
wngd_phantom
Velve
Jimb011
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Jimb011
Team Leader
Team Leader
Jimb011

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Character sheet
Character Name: Dex
Race: Human
Sex: M

Terrible torture of ads Empty
PostSubject: Terrible torture of ads   Terrible torture of ads EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 4:40 pm

What ad agency did we sign up for on this site?
I mean seriously there's an ad that beeps every 5 seconds. Another ad that looks where your IP address is located and asks you if you want to buy something from that location.
Back to top Go down
Velve
Meat
Meat
Velve

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Character sheet
Character Name: Words
Sex: M

PostSubject: Re: Terrible torture of ads   Terrible torture of ads EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 4:45 pm

Huzzah for adblock!
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Number of posts : 1139
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Character sheet
Character Name: Priest Sarah Gaven
Race: ork
Sex: female

PostSubject: Re: Terrible torture of ads   Terrible torture of ads EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 5:17 pm

i haven't run into any ads myself.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Number of posts : 1442
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Character sheet
Character Name: (0d3\/\/R3(|{
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Terrible torture of ads   Terrible torture of ads EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 11:14 pm

some slip past my ad blocker. I was getting sound byte ads selling dish soap when I first signed on. Just about drove me nuts. If that keeps up, I may just have to get a mono stereo sound card so that it only plays one thing at a time.
Back to top Go down
PresentPresence
Team Leader
Team Leader
PresentPresence

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2010-07-31

Character sheet
Character Name: яөъөсөр
Race: Human After All
Sex: French

PostSubject: Re: Terrible torture of ads   Terrible torture of ads EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 1:07 pm

There are some dangerous looking ads that appear at the top of the forums saying <Previous] and [Next> in big buttons using a very similar design as the rest of the buttons up there (Home, Forum, Shadow Chat, etc.). They looked suspicious enough for me to hover over them before actually clicking; I didn't think DD had updated the site with new buttons for forum browsing. Of course, the bottom status bar read the link url as some crazy ad.sense/aaaaaQ#4134erAdfasaa... thing. It was really too much like the rest of the buttons, I'd hate to see some newb get pwn'd with mal/spy/evilware from a misleading button. Other than that, though, they seem vanilla enough and I respect the need for some sort of capital for DD. More monies to ya', man!
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Terrible torture of ads   Terrible torture of ads EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 1:47 pm

The old java ads we had included sound and video... it was a laugh-riot... like the Joker.
Back to top Go down
WearzManySkins
Team Leader
Team Leader
WearzManySkins

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2010-05-09

Character sheet
Character Name: WeaZManySkins

PostSubject: Re: Terrible torture of ads   Terrible torture of ads EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 2:03 pm

Hurray for Pale Moon with multiple Ad Blocking Add Ons, I don't See No Stinkin Adds...Smiles
Back to top Go down
Mulrennan
Meat
Meat

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2010-08-25

Character sheet
Character Name: Holliday

PostSubject: Re: Terrible torture of ads   Terrible torture of ads EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 4:24 am

Google Chrome must be doing something right, then. I get the occasional ad at the top, underneath the buttons, but nothing horrible. Worst thing I found so far was an ad for a game the first time that I logged in. Saw just a download and play now button. Fortunately, it was to a cheesy browser style game I already play, so no harm at all there.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Terrible torture of ads   Terrible torture of ads EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 5:23 pm

chrome has a few ad blocking extensions on their official page that kill most ads.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Terrible torture of ads   Terrible torture of ads Empty

Back to top Go down

Terrible torture of ads
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadowrun Online :: General Chat :: Suggestions-
Jump to: