Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeSimplifying the Rules SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Simplifying the Rules

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jimb011
Team Leader
Team Leader
Jimb011

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Character sheet
Character Name: Dex
Race: Human
Sex: M

Simplifying the Rules Empty
PostSubject: Simplifying the Rules   Simplifying the Rules EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 9:15 pm

OK there has to be an easier way to simplify these rules. Have the makers of Shadowrun decided on a 5th edition. I mean seriously they could do this so easily with Star wars saga edition or DND 4th edition rules.

If we could simplify it ourselves, I think it could keep games going longer. Maybe its just that the books rules are written so badly. I mean every time you need to looks something up it tells you to see a different page! and that page is usually a hundred pages away!
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Number of posts : 1139
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Character sheet
Character Name: Priest Sarah Gaven
Race: ork
Sex: female

PostSubject: Re: Simplifying the Rules   Simplifying the Rules EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 3:12 am

i understand what your talking about Jimb0. After i finished reading the books, i found it a pain in the butt if i forgot where something was, so i invested in a small tree's worth of sticky notes.
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2009-01-28

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Simplifying the Rules   Simplifying the Rules EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 3:27 am

The system isn't really that hard, once you get the hang of things. I mean seriously, compared to something like Hero System, Shadowrun is a breeze to pick up.

I don't think the problem of games dying is a problem with the system. The half-life of PBP games in general, regardless of system (or lack thereof) is about 2 months from creation. Just the way things go. I've seen D&D 4e games that died before the first combat, and I've seen a D&D 3.5 game that lasted over a year.q
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Simplifying the Rules   Simplifying the Rules EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 5:08 am

The game also depends on the people that play in it as well. It depends on the GM creating a world that can interest all the players and keep them going, as well as the players that react to the world and give tidbits of RP worthy info that inspires others to do the same. It's a cyclical thing.
Back to top Go down
Stubbspks
Team Leader
Team Leader

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2008-12-09

Character sheet
Character Name: Yiska Keme
Race: Dwarf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Simplifying the Rules   Simplifying the Rules EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 10:15 am

There are several compilations that put information in your hands.

I believe there's a GM screen type thing floating about on the internet.

There are also several versions of cheat sheets.

These put combat rules, matrix and magic rules, etc. all into a condensed format and in one place.

I have them printed out and next to my computer for when I'm playing :-)
Back to top Go down
http://www.stubbspks.com
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Simplifying the Rules   Simplifying the Rules EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 4:09 pm

a friend of mine once told me that Shadowrun was more complicated than GURPS, i say to him B***S***
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Simplifying the Rules   Simplifying the Rules Empty

Back to top Go down

Simplifying the Rules
Page 1 of 1