Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeOn the Verge - OOC - Page 3 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

On the Verge - OOC

Go down 
+5
Aalith
No_Name
Kouryuu.LV
Faust
PresentPresence
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
PresentPresence
Team Leader
Team Leader
PresentPresence

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2010-07-31

Character sheet
Character Name: яөъөсөр
Race: Human After All
Sex: French

On the Verge - OOC - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 10:37 am

Feel free to speculate y'all, but I'll clarify things with the meet. CC will start when lvmises posts; if he does not do it soon, he will have to be enlisted later on.

As for hacking cars and sending them into the opposition, well, that is certainly one angle you can take. As long as you make your rolls, and it facilitates fun between both parties, then I'd certainly allow it. There may or may not be consequences for your more...outlandish actions, but I will still allow a pink-mohawk environment to thrive.
Back to top Go down
Aalith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Aalith

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Character sheet
Character Name: Tokko Tsuonomi
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 10:56 am

Yes! Guerrilla wars! Our infiltrator adept will disguise himself as one of them and plant the seeds of discontent, Silver will convince them to betray their brethren (with those skills, he can get them to suicide bomb their own base Smile P.S. Silver still has kinesis 4? Kouryuu.LV! Max rating is 3!) Nailz will be De Niro from taxi driver, and my char. will mess with their heads through influence and control thoughts! They won't know who can they trust and who's the enemy, who is under control and who acts out of his own will! They go paranoid and start accusing and shooting each other, then we come and crush them! :evillaugh:

PP! There's no need for you anymore. It's a set match. We already won, they just don't know it yet... What a Face
Back to top Go down
Faust
Team Leader
Team Leader

Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2011-10-01

Character sheet
Character Name: Faust
Race: Human Drake

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 12:37 pm

You are aware that an Adept without Masking is relatively easy to find, right?
Back to top Go down
Aalith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Aalith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 12:56 pm

Lighten up! Just joking! But I'll play along. Why it is so easy?
Back to top Go down
Faust
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 12:58 pm

Because if the other side has one guy with Assenssing, he can ID the aura, and even at the low end of the threshold, tell that somebody's magically active, and for a slightly higher threshold, tell if they're an adept or magician.
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Number of posts : 658
Registration date : 2011-03-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Kouryuu.LV

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 1:22 pm

Aalith wrote:
P.S. Silver still has kinesis 4? Kouryuu.LV! Max rating is 3!)

As i said it's a mistake i know of, but i still have to correct, in my social rolls i used 3 and it was even before you noticed it.
scratch
Back to top Go down
Aalith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Aalith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 1:27 pm

So? And if you question them, they may not know the secret password. The thing is with a good disguise, that you do not suspect them. Crimson Crush has very few magicians (magic is extremely rare anyway, as we all know) and I assume they don't spend they time assensing every gang member one-by-one searching for enemy adepts. You need to shift perc. first, then take an observe in detail action per person. With a gang of, I don't know, 50-60 people, that's rather difficult. Not to mention a gang is not a tightly secured corporate enclave with dual-natured security. Gangs (I think) tend to be...disorganized.
Back to top Go down
Aalith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Aalith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 1:36 pm

Kouryuu.LV wrote:
Aalith wrote:
P.S. Silver still has kinesis 4? Kouryuu.LV! Max rating is 3!)

As i said it's a mistake i know of, but i still have to correct, in my social rolls i used 3 and it was even before you noticed it.
scratch

I noticed you used kinesis 3, I just thought you forgot to edit it out on your sheet. And I also noticed you used charisma 7 on your rolls, but your sheet says 6. Please correct me if I'm wrong, or correct the sheet. I'm not onto you or something, just thinking we should get these things in order before we start the actual game and have to rewind 10 pages because a charsheet said one thing and a player another.
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 2:33 pm

Aalith wrote:
And I also noticed you used charisma 7
Yea that's interesting, might have used the old sheet for that. scratch
but everything is corrected now.
Back to top Go down
PresentPresence
Team Leader
Team Leader
PresentPresence

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 8:29 pm

Well, if you astrally perceive a group of heavily-cybered thugs the single adept will stick out like a sore thumb.

It's true, the groups have been stereotyped to have one side with Magic and the other with Cyber. That is part of the flavor. That doesn't mean you won't be seeing FN's with Dermal Plating and burnout mages with the CC. Their may also be another side in this fight with a totally different angle... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Faust
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 8:44 pm

Should I apologize now for giving the GM ideas? Or would that be later?
Back to top Go down
PresentPresence
Team Leader
Team Leader
PresentPresence

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 8:52 pm

I'm not the one who needs ideas, really. I'm just providing the skeleton; I'm just facilitating the story. Feel free to share the ideas with your fellow teammates IC if it's not out of your character.
Back to top Go down
Faust
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 8:54 pm

Oh, goody. Because I don't have all the spells I really need to focus on taking out demons(shadow spirits) or many of the other nasties out there..... I've just got the stuff to convince them to go the hell away.
Back to top Go down
Aalith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Aalith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 12:09 am

So here's my roll to win the guards, editing later:

cha5 + eti 4 + 2 from "bribe"

3 sux

+2 from the beer and smokes, but it's inconsistent, since my last 5 dices haven't rolled a single hit.
Back to top Go down
PresentPresence
Team Leader
Team Leader
PresentPresence

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 8:34 pm

First of all, I believe I may have mislead you all a little. I have been calling the buildings the "headquarters", when they are really the, I dunno, "official bases of operation" for work in the Verge. That's why you are meeting with the lieutenants, not the actual leaders. If you are successful with this job, you may be hired by the higher-ups for more jobs, though. I have me skeleton plots lined out. Wink

First Nations, you are ready to post for the meet. The Crimson Crush are temporarily on hold until I here from a potential player, but expect your post to be up by the weekend, regardless.

I would also like to know what you guys think of my writing. Am I sounding to Victorian? Am I using too many commas? Razz I want to facilitate the story as best as I can, and if I'm sounding confusing, then that's something I need to change. I appreciate any and all feedback. Karma may be awarded for good suggestions, challenging questions, and constructive criticism!
Back to top Go down
Aalith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Aalith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 1:31 am

I think your writing style is very good and the idea and the implementation is catchy. If I have to criticize something, I would say the worst thing is waiting, the time between your posts. Of course, all of us has a personal life, work, family, friends, school - and GM-ing is more time consuming then playing (and I noticed you do both), but do not write a great game, then leave us hanging in the open for days! Smile We are thirsty for the continuation of the story, I personally want to meat with my teammates and know more about the job. bounce
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Big Daddy
Race: Troll

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 7:06 am

Present: I think you are doing very well. I find it easy to and quite enjoyable to ready your GM posts. It is easy to tell that you put alot of work into really trying to bring the world to life and they are very detailed. I like that you put the artwork in as well, that really adds to the flavor. As far as being to victorian or to many commas I wouldn't know, I have no complaints about your writing. I am really looking forward to seeing where this leads and what developes.

The one downside has already been stated by Aalith [shakes a fist at Aalith for being several hours ahead of me in the world] and that is the time between posts. But its a trade off, we can either have quick less detailed posts or wait a little for the vivid posts (all while juggleing the hell out of real life..). Life doesn't revolve around PbP, I know.

I think i would rather wait for the vivid posts even if patience isn't a virtue i have any excess of...
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 2:41 pm

I like your posts, it's a shame that quality needs time, but i am ok with that, as this is not the only PbP i am in.
and i like the idea you have for it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lvmises

lvmises

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 5:26 pm

I enjoy the writing -- both substance and style -- and can't wait for the game to really get up and running [pun intended].
Back to top Go down
Aalith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Aalith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 10:22 am

PP! Just for future reference: my character is dual natured, so please always assume he's checking out everybody and every place astrally. He's good at reading auras, so the least he can see is the emotional state of the various characters and if they are awakened or not and he is most likely not affected by ordinary visibility modifiers like darkness and such. He can also see spells. Please use SR4A p. 191 and StreetM p. 114.

In fact, I'd like to assense my future teammates and Dawn Wolf while everybody is talking.

1 Nailz

2 Silver

3 Asha

4 D-Wolf

9d6.hits(5) → [3,1,3,4,6,3,2,1,3] = (1)
9d6.hits(5) → [3,3,2,3,3,5,2,6,3] = (2)
9d6.hits(5) → [5,1,1,5,1,1,1,3,4] = (2)
9d6.hits(5) → [5,2,6,3,5,4,4,2,3] = (3)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3251763/

Back to top Go down
PresentPresence
Team Leader
Team Leader
PresentPresence

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 5:25 pm

Yes, I am familiar with the rules for dual-natured entities. I had forgotten that shapeshifters were dual-natured, though. As for ignoring certain perception modifiers, I will have to play it as it comes. If you want your Astral Sense to affect your Physical Sense modifiers, it could cause some funky shenanigans. For example, how would vice versa be enforced? Would it be difficult to pick somebody out of a crowd because of all the overlapping auras? I won't punish you for a trait that already has its weaknesses (Astral forms targeting), but it won't always be a get-out-of-jail-free card. Besides, you already have plenty of positive visibility modifiers as a bird, so you shouldn't have to worry about it.
I would also appreciate it if next time you would note which roll is for which character through Invisible Castle.
Back to top Go down
PresentPresence
Team Leader
Team Leader
PresentPresence

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 6:52 pm

We are waiting for a post from the Professor for the First Nation's meet and we are forging on ahead for now in the CC's post. The additional mystery player will be introduced later.
Back to top Go down
PresentPresence
Team Leader
Team Leader
PresentPresence

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 6:56 pm

Whoah, speak of the devil! Getting ready for some more FN action after I finish the CC post.
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 8:08 pm

PresentPresence wrote:
Whoah, speak of the devil! Getting ready for some more FN action after I finish the CC post.
we are picking up speed
Twisted Evil
me likey, me likey a lot
Back to top Go down
PresentPresence
Team Leader
Team Leader
PresentPresence

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 9:12 pm

CC pre-meet is up. Dawn Wolf's response is probably going to be a bit lengthy, so I'm going to go to sleep on it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

On the Verge - OOC
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next